Final Fantasy Forum Mafia Signup Thread

pharphis

Aug 1, 2011
Logoutzero and I are hosting this game. It will be themed around the Final Fantasy Tactics (specifically the job system that is present in several games). To keep this game from being too lore-heavy, jobs will NOT be representative of alignment.
ex/ black mages use black magic but that doesn't equate to being mafia

I figured I should set up this signup thread while the current game is running. Tentative start time is in 2 weeks, with an exact date we'll decide later, depending on signups and the current game.
We're hoping for 20-22 players but we can adjust for any number above or below that.

General info about mafia

List of sample FFT jobs, some more FFTA jobs and finally some FF5 jobs for some simple but applicable background information. If you've never played any of these games I encourage scrolling through the lists just to give you an idea of the jobs that are available. There is a lot of overlap so it won't take long

List of players:
1. BPC
2. CDM
3. Jcakes
4. Goldtru
5. Zokar
6. Technomancer
7. Drixx
8. Numbers
9. Pyrotechnician
10. CG
11. Moar
12. Bad Ash
13. Gwaihir
14. Goryani
15. noodle
16. Valhauros
17. Leopold Stotch
18. coju
19. Laarz
20. Vorle
21. annualantanswers

Sign-ups are officially closed!

Last edited:
I'm all for it.

in .

Hey, big thanks to Pharphis for taking me in on this, I really hope you all enjoy this setup. We've put quite some work into it, and there's some really neat things!

Also, thanks in advance to all our players that sign up!

In. Also, do you guys mind if we do a community spotlight article for the site about mafia and specifically direct visitors to this thread to see if they want to try it out? I'll include some basic "things I wish I knew when I started playing forum mafia" in the article.

Oh. My. GAWD!!! *squeals like a little girl*

In like a Squidlarkin! I have to play this, I love FFT!

And Oh My God it's FFT. Not just FF period. YAY! Best. Tactical. Game. Ever. (arguably) :D

Just so everyone knows, we have drawn a few things from other sources. If you expect ONLY FFT stuff, you will be surprised. Think of the lore source more as "Final Fantasy Job System" games, not just Tactics.

In. Also, do you guys mind if we do a community spotlight article for the site about mafia and specifically direct visitors to this thread to see if they want to try it out? I'll include some basic "things I wish I knew when I started playing forum mafia" in the article.

I don't mind this at all Drixx, but, are you sure you want to spotlight a new hoster's game? Granted, this is Pharphis' game, I'm just helping out, but, I'd hate for anyone's first foray into forum Mafia to be a game hosted by a first time hoster. If you have confidence in my, and by extensions, Pharphis' ability to moderate over me, then I'm happy to be featured!

I leave it to him.

Just so everyone knows, we have drawn a few things from other sources. If you expect ONLY FFT stuff, you will be surprised. Think of the lore source more as "Final Fantasy Job System" games, not just Tactics.

I don't mind this at all Drixx, but, are you sure you want to spotlight a new hoster's game? Granted, this is Pharphis' game, I'm just helping out, but, I'd hate for anyone's first foray into forum Mafia to be a game hosted by a first time hoster. If you have confidence in my, and by extensions, Pharphis' ability to moderate over me, then I'm happy to be featured!

I leave it to him.

FF is amazing period. Job system is fantastic, and I'm quite familiar with all of the job system games.

Game setup and balance is the most important thing imo. The rest is just being active and accurate as far as vote counts and day ends are concerned, and resolving unforeseen interactions/people doing crappy things. I don't see why we wouldn't want to spotlight a game. :p

How many people have you balanced your game for? Can you scale it up if we get a bunch of interest, and you have 40+ people sign up?

Can you scale it up if we get a bunch of interest, and you have 40+ people sign up?

This won't be a problem.

Just getting out of bed...

Yes, Drixx, sure.
I'm fine with new players trying the game out, too.

We were hoping for 20-22 but this can easily be balanced for up to 40 or whatever. At that point I might ask another experienced mod to help out but we'll see.

One thing people need to know about games that large is that they can last a long time, and with 2000+ posts in a thread it's very difficult to keep track of things.

Another thing is that because we're cohosting every town/mafia will have their own QT to speak directly to the mods and simplify our efforts for resolving night actions.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High