ES Sorc with PDR need help

hackedagainanda

Jun 4, 2015
I've always wanted to make an ES Sorc but I just never got around to it.

I was planning on Max FO/ES and I need help with PDR, + Skills, and Breakpoints. Would cold skillers with life be better than mana charms? Is it feasible to hit level 40 ES without a memory staff with + 3 ES? Would lightning skillers be good for raising the ES level? Are +skills better than a 105% fcr breakpoint?

Just trying to Mat, no need to kill every monster and I figured between static field, FO, and merc I should be able to handle it with a little patience.

You need some sort of solution against ghosts and mana burn monsters so life charms are probably a good investment. The worlds strongest energy shield will only be marginally better than a really strong energy shield, so to say.

What will be your sources of resistances and PDR? Since you mention level 40 energy shield I'm assuming it's a twinked character.

I have a sorc torch and Anni, Gbane, Gerke's and scintillating circlet of life everlasting. Maras and 35 fcr spirit and Magefist/frostburns

Imo, even with cold ranged attacks, I'd recommend having 86fhr when going ES. The time taken to recover is important in case of any unfortunate encounters with manaburners. This allows you to teleport away and/or recast ES. And 105fcr definitely. Again, in case of manaburners.

If Lightning skillers are used solely for the purpose of increasing ES, imo it's better to prioritize your FO damage and improve killspeed since dead monsters can't damage you.

While slvl 40 ES is ideal, it's not a necessity, especially when you go the PDR route. Working backwards with the average Hell monsters dealing ~100 damage, the lower ES level you have, more PDR is needed. At around ~70% damage absorption, ~50 pdr should be enough to negate damage to health. Pro rate accordingly. Same with resistances; lower ES = higher resistances required. Imo MDR kicks in only with high ES (90+%), so it might not be as efficient as PDR.

Hope you have fun with ES. Lots of tweaking involved, but the payoff is not too bad. Well, save for manaburners.

Peeking a bit here, since I have a similar plan (but with bone as armour).

Since ES takes up 40 points I also looked at FO at first, since it is generally described as the "viable with low skilpoint" option. Currently checking what other alternatives to go for, in order to have two elements. Firewall seems like a good option, and being beefy should maybe make it more fun aswell. Would love to find a lightning based one aswell, so I don't have to spread out in all three trees.

What is your plan for cold immunes?

No need for 40ES. I'd just max ES + TK + 86 FHR/105 FCR and max FO. Plus good resists. Max Teleport for 1-2 pt tele and let merc handle CI uglies. Give him Reapers if you max Tele. My HC setup is:

Tals Head (w/Shael)
SotV (w/Shael)
Tals Belt
Viscerataunt (upped)
Bloodfist
2x FCR rings
Rare boots: 10% FHR + resists
Wizzy
Tals Ammy
This girl has collected alot of my HC stash.

Merc has Vamp Gaze and Gladiators Bane but can do any armour/helm. Give him some LL and you all g.

With the equipment you have available, she should have little trouble staying in one piece, even with just one point in energy shield. Good luck!

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High