Does anyone recall....

superdave

Mar 14, 2004
The web based item stats generator?

It started out as just a simple page with a red button that would generate stats for a random object. After a few forumites got involved, it turned into a sophisticated stats generator with many different options. You could select a monster, for example Shenk, and the number of players in the game along with MF and it would generate his drops with stats on the items for every button push.

I know that the link wasn't shared to the general pop because it was still in the testing phase and the kid doing most of the programming was worried that Blizzard's lawyers might get involved because the last version, used the actual item graphics.

I was asked to help check the accuracy of the results very early on. It became very addicting and made me appreciate how hard it could be to find usable rare and magic items.

Is there anyone else still active here that participated in that project? Can you message the link to me if it is still online?

Last edited:
I do not remember that, but if it turns up again, I'd like to check it out too!

A long, long time ago there was this fantastic little page a guy had thrown together that would let you ask the question "I found this socketable, what can I make with it?". Unfortunately it was on Geocities and well, that ain't a thing anymore...

i liked it for just clicking on rare bows and seeing how many clicks it took before i found a "keeper".

(it was thousands)

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High