Diablo 3: The basic equipment Witch Doctor finishes campaign!

Vang

Staff member
Guide Author
Feb 23, 2006
The lack of meaningful decisions in Diablo 3 has always bummed me out and the sheer focus on +Main Stat and vit and a couple other mods while removing basically everything that made Diablo 2, well Diablo 2. Could a character go naked? I'm not sure, I have the patience to figure that one out. How about with only basic gear though through normal campaign? Well maybe.

What class? I need damage over time and some way to soak up damage as I'm going to be a bit squishy, seems to be a Witch Doctor. Even has oh crap for 3 seconds to run through or avoid a hit by way of Spirit Walk.

So not to totally bore people, but the overall run took less time than it would take me to get to NM with an untwinked tournament character. Can't give exact as I have to go AFK some and kept it running and I'm not sure if character time stays if it logs you off in game due to inactivity as that happened a couple of times. Gametime says I played the character for 9hours and 6minutes, I'd guess it was between 6-8.

Overall, the game on Normal is very easy compared to D1/D2. My weapon damage was superbly low compared to a normally geared character. My original idea was to use magical socketed items that has either no other stats or a very minor secondary and be able to socket them. (Note my socketed amulet with +19 cold resist, mainly so I wouldn't auto-equip, but I guess there is an option to turn off that I didn't think of)

I did die a few times, 1 in Act 3 from the fire turrets due to rushing. I believe once in Act 4 to something as well. I in the battlefield in Act 5 and finally against Malthael 4 or 5 times until I figured out good skills sets and passives to make it through. I do believe you could complete this in HC with little effort, just make sure you have your cheat death passive on, though someone who can use a 2-handed weapon as they as basic outshine one-handed weapons, if you notice the massive difference in DPS from my weapon I used to my mercenary's one-handed one.

Some screenshots of the absurd amount of differences in power from basic to rare. The last screenshot was me equipping a couple of drops and basically making my character from normal to expert level then.

Screenshot064.jpg

Screenshot066.jpg

Screenshot069.jpg

Screenshot070.jpg

Screenshot071.jpg

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High