Decathlon MFO

EatSleepDiablo

Sep 13, 2017
I have floated the idea a few times and I am looking for feedback/interest. A rough outline of my proposal is as follows:

• There will be ten targets that comprise the tourney. I am flexible about what those are, but I am thinking: 1) AT, 2) Pits, 3) WSK (including minions but no Baal), 4) Pindle, 5) TC3s in Normal, 6) Bosses with scoring predicated on at least three of the five, 7) Trav, 8) LK, 9) cows, 10) rune hunt from any Lvl85 areas. CS and Nihlathak could also be in play. Ultimately, we want the 10 highest participation areas.
  • Targets will be run in consecutive two week periods with an hourly cap for some/all targets (i.e. 20 hours). I could see reducing some areas (like TC3s) and expanding others (like Pits). A hard cap on the number of runs may be worthwhile for some (i.e. bosses).
  • Scoring will be based on number of participants and a minimum number of qualifying hours. For example, if 10 participate in WSK, and all run a minimum of hours (say 20% of total), first place gets 10 points, last place 1.
  • I am leaning towards standard MFO scoring for each target but will modify some areas based on ATMA drop odds.
  • Players may run all 10, but final scoring will be based on a player's top 5+- target results (i.e. AT + Pits + WSK + TC3s + Trav). Keeping participation up will be key and someone should not be penalized for not being able to run all ten.
  • Thinking about 1 or 2 wildcards per player. For example, you want to run AT but have no availability for the two weeks dedicated to it. Instead, you run AT during Pindle, forgoing that target.
  • Re: bosses. I would be open to allowing players to run Baal, for example, during WSK period, and simply saving those drops for boss week. Ditto Diablo. We would just need to agree on a reasonable time allocation between the two.
  • For those wanting to play for something, entry fee will be 100-ish Pgems with winner take all. This is not a requirement, however.
  • Also thinking about setting up a prize pool with donated items for top3 finishers regardless of entry fee. For example, I have a 1.09 Ravenclaw from RobbyD that sits in a stash because I have two others from 1.07. I also have a number of eilte ethereal bases from 1.07 that I could offer up. Assemble a pot of 10+- premium items and have the winners pick one each. Leftovers revert back to original owners.

The biggest negative is the period of time involved (i.e. 20 weeks). By only counting the top 5+- results for each player I am trying to mitigate that somewhat. Scaling points for each target also helps, I think.

Thoughts/feedback are welcome. Also, for those with real interest, please list your top ten targets.

I can go either way with donated prize pool, but no one would be forced to take anything. Same with Pgem entry fee. No problem to opt out.

I would be interested, especially when you mention a possible Ethereal 1.07 base in the prize pool. Any other time I don’t worry about prizes, but since I am noid about messing something up by trying to use a version switcher those type of bases are something I can’t get.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High