D2R General Chat

Q for the thread: can you click the bottom of potions in the belt? For some reason the bottom pixels of each potion is unselectable.
Rofl how'd you notice this :ROFLMAO: yeah it's more than a few pixels, I can click all the way to the very top of the potion in the belt, but the bottom is missing like 1/8th of the clickable area.

Rofl how'd you notice this :ROFLMAO: yeah it's more than a few pixels, I can click all the way to the very top of the potion in the belt, but the bottom is missing like 1/8th of the clickable area.
One handed playing while working on another computer and almost dying during the beta because I couldn’t right click a potion!

Maybe i missed this somewhere but has anyone simply tried running the legacy graphics to address the loading screens or to see what overall effect this has on gameplay?

Edit: nm i saw @NorthDakota 's post in the faq. Thats a real shame imo...with so many great updates, fixes and editions, the graphical side seems a bit disappointing for now.

Call me a boomer but i wouldve taken d2r without any new graphics, sounds or cinematics. When i watch the gameplay it looks suspiciously like the d3 engine has been ported to d2 and that brings nothing but trauma...

Movement is goofy, the character models do not look fierce or intimidating (excepting the druid 👍) and a lot of the armor make the characters look weaker instead of mightier; as if they are preparing to go to church instead of battle! Frenzy barbs look like they are about to whip up a cake mix with 2 spatulas instead of shred apart some demons :ROFLMAO:

Even the character select screen feels more like wow/d3; i thought they made a comment at somepoint specifically intending to preserve the 'iconic campfire' and character selection. I recently watched a streamer equip full tal's and by god if that's the way it looks, please give me the old selection screen :LOL:

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Gilded Sun and coju
Legacy graphics dont reduce my loading times and they dont go easier on my cpu or gpu. The game is just badly optimized.

Idk, I think the new graphics and models (for the most part, Sin/Zon not so much) look great but it doesn’t matter if I’m waiting 9+ seconds per load. Most of the zones look amazing too.

E: the little leg kickout when you make a sharp turn looks a bit silly, though.

Reactions: coju
Ya I like the environment and monsters for sure. Most of the spells look great too. My issue is more with the movement and characters which keep reminding me of d3

After spending some hours at LK over the last week, I've really come to miss the stark darkness of D2. The legacy graphic option truly does just seem implemented as a gimmick to contrast the new look for a few seconds to ooh and ahh at the leaps made, and not seriously (read: sincerely) implemented as a way to play the new patch with the graphics many loved (and had no real issues with to begin with). The pixelated and choppy framerate and the black-bars seem to reinforce this - how difficult could it have been to make it run and look like fullscreeen 1.14 with a glide wrapper? Can't think of many good excuses for it, years of development (presumably) and $40 later.

The game looks like Path of Exile now. I really do miss the gothic trees, the dark grass of the Kurast floor, the deep colors of the clothing that would poke through armor, especially on the 'zon - and I'll be honest, I miss the pretty girls (sorceress withstanding). 😅

Stylistically in a lot of ways the graphics have really been toned down.

Last edited:
Reactions: jrt055
Maybe i missed this somewhere but has anyone simply tried running the legacy graphics to address the loading screens or to see what overall effect this has on gameplay?

Edit: nm i saw @NorthDakota 's post in the faq. Thats a real shame imo...with so many great updates, fixes and editions, the graphical side seems a bit disappointing for now.

Call me a boomer but i wouldve taken d2r without any new graphics, sounds or cinematics. When i watch the gameplay it looks suspiciously like the d3 engine has been ported to d2 and that brings nothing but trauma...

Movement is goofy, the character models do not look fierce or intimidating (excepting the druid 👍) and a lot of the armor make the characters look weaker instead of mightier; as if they are preparing to go to church instead of battle! Frenzy barbs look like they are about to whip up a cake mix with 2 spatulas instead of shred apart some demons :ROFLMAO:

Even the character select screen feels more like wow/d3; i thought they made a comment at somepoint specifically intending to preserve the 'iconic campfire' and character selection. I recently watched a streamer equip full tal's and by god if that's the way it looks, please give me the old selection screen :LOL:
Tal set is still ok, the real terror is assassin with Nat's set.
Whenever I see it I'm itching to touch that mustache.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.purediablo.com/diablo-2/natalyas-odium-set-items/amp/

Reactions: Jpy
I'm devastated. In D2 you could make a non-pink life armor by socketing a jewel first, then the rubies, but in D2R it makes the armor look pinkish in character selection. Luckily the in-game color is default armor color. But still, this breaks my character's cool.

The mercenary skill description is wonky; it shows the skill as if you hired the merc in that difficulty. Normal combat (prayer) becomes thorns for me, even when his aura is on, working as expected, the description is stating that prayer = thorns...

Reactions: Babyhell and Miron
Visited my brother on Thursday-Friday last week, and got to see D2R in the flesh for the first time. It is so pretty! I feel like I need to get it, but the "single player = total isolation" is still making me hesitant. 😒 Pretty sure I will cave and get it at some point, but I am holding off a little more. @silospen updating gomule so fast for it, aswell as adding all sorts of new amazing features to it, is not helping my resolve though. :sneaky:

The advanced stat page was also super nice too see. One thing I wish it did was add a small value to the far left and right of the breakpoint-based mods like FHR, fcr etc. Some small value to show you where your nearest limits are would be an amazing help for new players (as well as anyone else who have not memorised countless tables).

Something I forgot to check: can you see somewhere where all contributers to e.g. mf come from? It would also be amazing if hovering over it gave a list of item name and value.
(I realize nothing will come of my "suggestions" here. It was just two things I would have loved to see.)

Reactions: Miron
Ok so it looks like there wont be a run counter for d2r any time soon. D2r blocks memory reading which would make bypassing this a violation of the tos. I hope they make this possible in the near future.

• Wow
Reactions: Babyhell
After spending some hours at LK over the last week, I've really come to miss the stark darkness of D2. The legacy graphic option truly do just seem implemented as a gimmick to contrast the new look for a few seconds to ooh and ahh at the leaps made, and not seriously (read: sincerely) implemented as a way to play the new patch with the graphics many loved (and had no real issues with to begin with). The pixelated and choppy framerate and the black-bars seem to reinforce this - how difficult could it have been to make it run and look like fullscreeen 1.14 with a glide wrapper? Can't think of many good excuses for it, years of development (presumably) and $40 later.

The game looks like Path of Exile now. I really do miss the gothic trees, the dark grass of the Kurast floor, the deep colors of the clothing that would poke through armor, especially on the 'zon - and I'll be honest, I miss the pretty girls (sorceress withstanding). 😅

Stylistically in a lot of ways the graphics have really been toned down.
I really agree. I may switch back to Legacy. I really love the gritty graphics that D2R just doesn't hit. D2R is a great game, I'm just not sure if I like it better.

NM Anya doesn't seem to sell Ancient Armour, just Ornate Plate (this could be the same as before, but I was never looking)

Tal set is still ok, the real terror is assassin with Nat's set.
Whenever I see it I'm itching to touch that mustache.
Haha, she reminds me of Wally Walrus from the old Woody Woodpecker cartoons.

Last edited:
Radament isn't spawning for me. Do I need to delete the map files? Will that maybe fix it?

Edit: I loaded up a bnet char and then went back to SP. I'll report back how that goes.

Edit: I deleted the .ma0 and .map files, no dice. Do I need to delete the .key file? Should I delete everything besides the .d2s file?

Last edited:
Reactions: Jekrmcfr
Radament isn't spawning for me. Do I need to delete the map files? Will that maybe fix it?

Edit: I loaded up a bnet char and then went back to SP. I'll report back how that goes.

Edit: I deleted the .ma0 and .map files, no dice. Do I need to delete the .key file? Should I delete everything besides the .d2s file?
Unless they changed it, the .key file contains your hotkey bindings, so don't delete it unless you want to painstakingly reassign all of them.

The map files store your automap exploration, they have absolutely nothing to do with the map generation.

I was about to say you should just reroll your map but seeing as there is no local MP that is not an option. :( So waiting for NM and then going back should fix it.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High