D2 Goals & Objectives for 2019

maxicek

Guide Author
Aug 5, 2005
Happy New Year SPF :)

So what are your D2 goals and aspirations for 2019?

For me:

Finish the Grail
I’m currently at -2 and have the Tyraels. Hopefully the RNG will smile on me this year.

Get RW Grail to -5
I’m currently at -11 with some Rune stock still. -5 will be quite hard, will largely depend on how the Rune Finding League goes this year.

Play some PvP
Hopefully we can recruit a few more people this year, would be good to get a few games in.

More Mats & Pats
Put some of my items to good use and finish some of the builds I have in planning.

Finish the cumulative grail (of all my restarts), need Tyrael's, Astreon's and Cham.

Play some MP games

Have fun with the most addictive game there is

-Build my planned Pit, Trav, and WSK runners
-Respec my summoner Necro now that I finally found Homunculous
-Make Infinity and (ab)use it heavily
-Log some real hours with my new LK runner to build up rune, charm, and jewel wealth
-Create my next trio of themed characters and complete two of them

Ohh there is a lot for me:

• Complete S/U Grail (-13 right now)
  • Find Cham & Zod
  • Get my blizzsorc or hammerdin to 99 (right now I focus on hammerdin)
  • At least 1 mat / Pat of every class
  • Start the RW Grail
  • At some point start a HC journey and make a Sept thread for others to follow my journey
  • Build 1-2 unusual chars / builds

Lets see how far we can go. Priority is the Grail, let's hope I won't be sitting on -1 with tyraels left, would be quite a motivational downer for me I guess.

Good luck to all of you guys and I hope to find many many reports of your characters, finds and projects!

-Finish my untwinked 99er.
-Participate in more tourneys, MFO and RFO.
-Learn more about crafting/gambling as I rarely do it
-Build some rune wealth and make the major RWs

I'd love to get some MP going again.

Maybe finally make some real progress on untwinked HC 99er.

I'm definitely going to check out the new Median in a couple weeks and see if the claims of a new engine and remastering of graphics is true.

- Finish my 10k LK runs
- With the runes found in LK, make the major runewords as Enigma, Infinity
- Get my bowzon through nightmare and hell and equip her for pvp (might include time travelling to 1.07, but I already have 8 1.00 characters), as such making faith
- Make a WW barb for Travincal and a Javazon for cows
- If any time left (doubtful) make a trap sin and fury wolf
- Finally participate in either RFO or MFO, never entered :-o

For me it would be to get back into D2 - gaming in general has stalled for me with all the holiday stuff / real life. Assuming I can do that, my goals would be to...

- Get my summoner necro to 99 (currently 96)
- Get closer to finishing my grail (-30 or so currently)
- Get closer to finishing my RW grail (I have nice runes, haven't spent them yet)
- Finish Hell with...
---> Chicago (Wind druid)
---> MaxwellHammer (Hammerdin)
---> Plasmarie (Trapsin)
---> Friiszealot (Zealot, respec'd a few times)
---> Tutenkamun (poisonmancer)
---> Make progress on my crossbow-wielding summoner
---> a few Amazons I've started (Javazon and Bowazon)
- Keep up with all the good stuff happening here at the SPF! :)

Hmm, goals and objectives. I like to set goals, but especially when it comes to D2 (and maybe computer games in general) I tend to get carried away easily ;). So the impulsive me would say:

• get my second and maybe even third untwinked 99er (currently lvl 94 and lvl 80)
  • finish the grail (currently at -13)
  • finish the runeword grail (still a lot to go, but also still quite some runes in my stash)
  • organise another TC3 hunting tournament, or a variation on that one
  • join MFOs, RFOs, and especially the RFL
  • make some new characters to use newly created high end runewords, as well as some old time favourites
  • do another Sept

The more realistic me, who knows that there's only one big goal for me in 2019, and that is finishing the Zugspitz Supertrail XL 80K mountain trail, and as such knows that playing time will be (or at least should be) limited, aims for the following:

• keep my untwinked 99er HC Hammerdin alive and get him to level 97+
  • level my unwtinked 99er SC WW Barb some more and get him better gear, so he can at least run RFL Travincal round when that tournament hits
  • find a few more grailers
  • finally decide what to do with the HRs collecting dust in my stash, and hopefully find some more HRs so I can make some more runewords
  • certainly join the RFL (come on @Grape, start planning the tournament already ;)), maybe other tournaments too if time permits
  • organise a TC3 hunting tournament, or at least make a character based on TC3s
  • make some more random characters
O yes, and most important probably: keep on learning, posting, and having fun here at the SPF.

Its a short list for me =).

1. Reach lvl 98 on untwinked 99er bowazon. (Hopefully netting shaftop and/or steelshade)

2.finish title grail.

Edit.
3. If @T72on1 hosts TC3 tourney again, join the tourney. And win it this time. :cool:
/edit

But hopefully... as a side bonus...

1. Push holy grail down to sub -50 from my current ~-90

2. Start new side project once title grail is finished.

3. Get second entrant (assasin) into the untwinked 99er challenge and push her to hell travincal. (Got the motivation to skip LK like some of the other entrants)

Oh and happy new years to everyone here. =)

1. Make decent progress with my 99er.
2. Finish 3 of my 7 builds
3. Make an Enigma
4. Make an Infinity
5. Guardian my SniperZon (hardest)
6. Make an Assassin that uses the MA tree and enjoy it.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High