CS Capable Amazon Build?

HanShotFirst

Jan 24, 2008
CS Capable Amazon Build?

Greetings all,

I was attempting to think up (and when that failed, look up), a classic Amazon build that would be successful in running the Hell Chaos Sanctuary. I didn’t really see anything in the stickies that looked promising and a cursory search of the forum didn’t turn up much either.

So, could anyone here recommend an Amazon build that would be able to solo the Hell Chaos Sanctuary with reasonable effectiveness?

Thanks!

Re: CS Capable Amazon Build?

Well, if you're patient, a glass cannon strafezon with a solid(level 20 valk, level 20 decoy) valk, goblins and boneflesh could do it.
But if your definition of reasonable effectiveness is clearing CS within 30 minutes, then no, I don't know any classic zon build that can do that.

Yeh which is really sad. I miss my 09 multizon that could clear cs quite quickly.

I have a levle 85 bowazon on Classic USWest Ladder right now. She might be the top bowa on the ama ladder-- I'm not sure. She's about #22 on classic ama ladder.

I decided to forget about valk//decoy//slowmissles//innersight and go for high passives and max penetrate//strafe. My gear as of now is constantly changing, but basically I use just enough mana steal to allow me 3 rows of healing and only 1 of mana on my belt, then I use a lot of life steal and whatever res I happen to get from gear. I recently got Gtoe, and was glad to find out (not 100% on this) that crushing blow is an "on hit" mechanism which means each of the 10 arrows in my strafe volley has a chance of crushing blow. I use sigs (mostly for the 10str for gothic) gloves and switch btw sog belt and helm as 2nd sig item. Goldwrap and duskdeep are in my inv as secondary gear, as well as a howltusk for soloing river. I can, eventually, clear river alone. I've never tried soloing the whole cs on my own with my bowa, but I guess it would be worth a try.

--It is worth noting that a glass cannon bowa like mine has garbage res and low vita (i keep vita w/o gear at 20% of dex w/gear) meaning that slow missles can come in very handy for abbyss and ovlivion knights. Especially if you're using sigs instead of deaths and don't have CBF. Decrep+Cold slow really shuts down strafe, and your escape as well esp. if you wear gtoe and have no din around w/vigor on.

*Vodage
*Sir_Vodage

Last edited:

Thanks to those who responded! I guess I’ll try building a strafezon next ladder . . . though perhaps not a glass cannon . . . (people who play hardcore probably shouldn’t go into battle wielding glass cannons).

In the meantime I thought I’d try a different bowazon build that was either going to be very great or very noobish . . . it turned out to be very noobish (and that is all I am going to say about that). I was also considering creating a Javazon that would have:

20 Plague Javelin
20 Lightning Fury
10 Valk
1 Rest of Passives
Rest in Poison Javelin

So, perhaps someone could save me some time and tell me why this build wouldn’t work well in the Chaos Sanctuary. Is the plague javelin’s killing speed too slow? Is this build too mana intensive? This build seems okay on paper, so any insights would be appreciated (I’m sure there’s some problem). Thanks.

Lest be it sead the there are a lost of psn imu and your lighting fury will not do a nuff dam. I do think that is what your lookking to see but you can allwes try, far be it i that seads anything about making odd builds, just look for a necr with max lower res. ^^

I had a poison lightning javazon in LOD this season.. I wasn't impressed. Killing was quite slow and even slower with the plague javelin.

Perhaps you should first try making a poison nova nec with max lower res yourself. You will notice almost all monsters in CS have bizarrely high poison res.

im trying to level a poison necro right now, and warlock, you have just crushed my dreams

Perhaps in single or two player games it'll be do-able to have a poison zon. I often tend to reference 8 player games when CS is mentioned. And in 8 player CS's, skills which work just fine in 1 or 2 player games can seem futile.

You should just try and see if it works for you. Consider that I might be very impatient and soon to write things off if they are not fast enough. :)

I leveled a zon to 90 in season 2 after having leveled several to 88+ before 1.10.
I must admit i was kinda sad that i had to wear a wand and a shield and run around and leech to level. Compared to breezing thru river and cs solo before.

Hmm, I see what you mean about the poison resistances in Chaos. Interestingly enough I did just create a poison/summon hybrid necro and it was certainly none to quick about clearing chaos even with lower resist. To me though it really seemed that the main problem with the necro was not so much the poison but more that there didn't seem to be enough mana (or mana pots) in all the world to satisfy his need.

Thanks for the input on the plague/lightning fury idea . . . I'll abort now before I waste another week worth of playing time on another defective build. I guess the next Amazon I make will be strafer (shame that they seem to be so dependent on godly bows though) . . . which leads to one last question (I think) . . . Has anyone here created a strafer that is effective in Hell and uses a common bow/crossbow?

I know most of the build threads state that you need as a bare minimum a 150ed gothic bow or balista . . . but I also remember seeing in one of the build guides (or the comments of one of the build guides) something about a strafer that was using the Rouge's Bow? I can't say I really understood the logic behind it . . . but after all the Amazon is the one class that has troubled me the most . . . so what do I know . . .

When you get to the early 80s, wearing magefist and a lenny, you should have enough mana... depending on how fast you want to go. Poison nova should be cast after the previous one wears off, so something like 2 seconds interval between casts. That should give you some time to regenerate your mana.

IMO you shouldn't give up on the LF/Plague java idea so fast. I have a lvl 89 amazon on West SC ladder who _is_ capable of soloing cs (in a 1 player game) in reasonable time with practice. The build is 20 LF, CS, Plague and Poison jav, with the rest in pre-reqs and a few in pierce. I would not advise trying to solo cs before lvl 85 as you really need to max out those 4 main skills. Also Essential is 1 point in decoy.

The build worked like this: it was based around constant re-poisitioning of my decoy while herding the packs of monsters and spamming LF (obviously). This would take out the doom knights and on occasion the oblivion knights and even a few venom lords if the pack was large enough. Liberal use of slow missles and keeping the decoy alive kept me alive aswell. Once the pack was thinned by LF, I started throwing plague javelins to take care of the storm casters while CSing the venom lords and leftover oblivion knights during the cooldown time (and keeping that decoy alive). It takes a lot of effecient skill managment and practise, but it does work.

As to the strength of plague jav, I used it only to take care of the LI storm casters, which conviently have a comparitvely low life total (not sure about Poison res). It took them out at a quick enough rate for my mind, their health was dropping quite steadily. The trick was to try to get as many as possible in a group poisoned with the same javelin throw, to get that poison damage working asap.

This was all done with only level 20 skills (using survival gear). Damage will benfit alot from +skills, CS in particular in my experience. With high end gear say a +2 ammy and a couple of sojs I'd reckon you could be doing 10-15 minute runs with this character which may sound a lot, but hey, we're talking about classic zons here!

My 2cents.

Well, that does change my thinking. I have set out to make several LF/Plague Javazons (in both LoD and Classic) but someone (or something I've read) has always informed me that I was going to be really disappointed so I keep ending up switching to some more traditional pure lightning build. Now, with your positive endorsement of the build I'll give it a try next ladder (and find out for myself once and for all)! Thanks for your 2cents (it made a big difference in my thinking)!

(10-15 minutes for a solo CS run doesn't sound at all slow to me . . . I've been running CS solo with a bone necro and it takes me 20 minutes from wp through Diablo . . . but the character is still in its low 70's . . . )

im trying to level a poison necro right now, and warlock, you have just crushed my dreams

hoho same here.. but lower res will help. My nec will have max skeletons to help out a bit :)

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High