Corrupted items in 1.07

Albatross

Apr 27, 2009
Corrupted items in 1.07

Any idea which ones can cause this? Is it Bramble?

I opened my 1.07 stash with 27 items and it said there are some corrupted ones in there. I was lucky enough to be able to open it and transferred my items to another stash, but I made a mistake and closed the corrupted one first, not saving my new one and that's when ATMA crashed.. Luckily I kept most of the useful stuff on another character.

I'd really like to avoid further corruption..

Re: Corrupted items in 1.07

I think runewords can mess with ATMA in 1.07, yeah. As do items with Pierce I believe. The most common advice I hear is "don't mess with those items", but others might have more specific help. I suggest restoring a backup, good luck.

I never had any problems with Razortail. Or is it only for .07 items?

@Fabian, yeah.. it could have been Razortail and its pierce.. I was careful around Bramble and it wasn't even in the stash, but I put the damn belt in.. It doesn't seem to corrupt characters tho?

@Zen, this is only an issue in 1.07.

Btw, since I've already made a new thread.. Am I doing something wrong with the bugged MPK ring thing. I've rolled about 20 random quality sapphires, thawing potions and the same blue ring (which I gambled at character level 30, but I think that doesn't matter since the recipe changes the ilvl to 5). Doing the cubing with a level 8 character and still haven't rolled a single triumphant ring, let alone a bugged one. Bad luck or?

I think it's not Piercing items, but "hit freezes target" that potentially corrupts stashes. I steer clear of Iceblink in all cases, for example. And I've kept my 1.07 stashes small so that any corruption affects only a few items, if it does happen.

On the Triumphant ring: it can take more than 20 tries, that's for sure. I've gone sometimes nearly a hundred between getting them, but I've also done it with higher-level characters where Triumphant isn't as common (but there is a chance at a better rare or a cold resist set or unique ring.)

It would be news to me if Pierce caused any issues. As far as I know, only runewords and items with the Freezes Target mod will mess up your stashes in ATMA.

As for the bugged MPK rings. You're doing nothing wrong. It all comes down to luck when rolling them. All Triumphant rings will be bugged with this cube recipe, by the way.

I see.. I don't remember finding an Iceblink tho or anything else with "freezes target". I'll just have to be more careful I guess. Smaller stashes are a good idea, thanks purplelocust and others for answering.

Now to find a stable balrog skin rack.. :hammerhead:

I've had zero Triumphant rings in the last 150 sapphires. 20 most definitely happens.

Now to find a stable balrog skin rack.. :hammerhead:

I seem to have.. found one :)))))))))))))))))))))

Code:
Arkaine's Valor
Balrog Skin
Defense: 1554
Required Strength: 165
Required Level: 85
Indestructible
Item Version: Expansion
Item Level: 87
Fingerprint: 0x39ac441
+200% Enhanced Defense
Fire Resist +50%
+2 to All Skill Levels
30% Faster Hit Recovery
+124 to Life (2 per Character Level)
+155 to Vitality (2.5 per Character Level)

http://i50.tinypic.com/dyr7k3.jpg

Oh my God :D The thought was spinning in my head since I started racking not an hour ago.. "What if I found it like, right now, that would be hilarious and awesome and I could post this in my new thread" ahaha.. I rerolled about 6 maps to get a semi stable rack.. wow, I still can't believe I got something so fast in this game :)

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High