Conqueror Jordan-- A First for Failure

Jpy

Mar 26, 2020
RIP.png
In the words of the internet; get rekt noob
Seeing as I've been posting all of my HC untwinked guardian success lately I figured I'd post tonight's stain on my previous 3/3 record. You can't have the good without the bad... Alas, the fourth attempt was a Paladin, Jordan, and a Blessed Hammer build at that. Can confirm, the build is still ridiculously strong. I tore through all of NM and killed Baal without as much as a hiccup. At the time of death it boasted ~1200 life, maxed resists, and a little under 3k damage. For all other builds so far I used Pindleskin to farm 60-65 but it seemed unideal for this build as this was the first I had to get up close without Barbarian buffs and WC stun. The undead charges were a bit too much for comfort. I opted to farm further instead at Eldritch to 63 and finish NM shortly after. I figured it would still be a good idea to farm out 70 at Baal waves as I had done with the other builds to prepare for Hell. On the very first run I failed to recognize the pack of Soul Killers lurking behind the pillar (the fucking pack of Extra Strong/Lightning Enchanted Burning Souls caught my attention) and one hammer cleared the pack, popped the death explosion, and insta killed me in tandem with a zap from the Burning Soul pack. This was one of those situations where hitting a fat purple was not going to save me, literally 100-0 instantly. Lesson learned: abort Throne of Destruction with Soul Killers, find a different place to farm post 65 in NM, or even go to Hell earlier. Blessed Hammer will kill too many of them too fast and explode in your fucking face. :LOL: Jordan retired early but came back for a second round of championships. It was written...

Undecided on whether to run it back with Paladin or try one of Druid, Necromancer, or Sorceress to mix it up. More Tito's will suffice for now, salute!

That’s a bummer. Better luck next time!

I foolishly lost an HC Bladesin in Act IV Hell earlier this week not being careful enough against a nasty boss pack of Souls. But I’m onto the next HC project already (Hydra/Orb Sorc) and will revisit the HC Assassin again later. It’s just the way it goes.

Reactions: Jpy
Last character I did in HC was a Paladin and lost him at exactly the same place for exactly the same reason. Similar situation with feeling really tanky and then those little dolls and souls hammered me after I had done many Baal runs with no problem.

Reactions: Jpy
I feel like it's easy to let your guard down running NM Baal too many times before making the jump to Hell. That's one reason why I think Terror Zones are a very nice addition to the game for grinding levels. You get a bit more variety as the TZs change each hour. It doesn't take very long in NM TZs to push a character to level 70 (or 75 if that's your preference for being Hell-ready). And, depending on the TZ at the time you happen to be playing, you can really clean up on EXP with less risk than running WSK/Baal.

RIP 2.png
Oof, two time loser. Not gonna lie, this one hurt even more than the first being RIGHT before my catchup point. I did Eldritch to 65 this time and had a 4 socket exceptional polearm drop en route to Anya. For whatever reason HF was not an option at the desert merc vendor, and not just a visual bug as I confirmed it was definitely Defiance being proc'd from the merc. Annoying to consider this probably contributed to me dying. Again, 100-0'd in an instant as the throwing fucker crit me right as the second ancient died. No curse, no auras. Bad luck.

**** it, LETS GO AGAIN.....

• Sad
Reactions: maxicek
Ouch, that is tough.

Why didn’t you S&E to reset the merc selection?

@maxicek almost positive I did that and still no HF present in the line up. To be fair it’s early AF and I’m post 13 hour shift operating purely on coffee at this point so maybe not…

To be fair it’s early AF and I’m post 13 hour shift operating purely on coffee at this point so maybe not…
I'm no HC expert, but I suggest you keep well away from your characters in this case :D

RIP 3.png

My spirit is literally crushed. Hell, Act 5, WSK Level 3. Right before this I aborted a Black Souls map when I saw them. This one I didn't see any initially and thought I was in the clear, teleported into a cluster of champ + unique packs together and they obliterated me, finger on ESC key and all.

LOL.png

Last edited:
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High