D2 Sorceress BREAKING D2R COLD SORC NEWS

Oct 3, 2005
Cold Mastery now breaks cold immunity in D2R! Given you have it over(under?) -135 enemy coldres, you will break normal cold immunes. So, Shenk and some other bosses wont get broken.
This means, imo, that the coldsorc is now the most powerful char in D2R, outclasses the Hammerdin imo.

How Conviction, from Infinity, will work on top of that I dont know.

Im making a Coldsorc now. Thinking the classic Orb/Static would be really fun now :)

Reactions: Zaine and Rush
From a couple of streamers and youtube videos, yes I think cold mastery was changed somehow. Not sure if a new bug or and old bug that was 'fixed'. But not all cold immunes can be broken, so dual element sorcs are probably still the way to go.

From what I understand, is that this is how it was supposed to be.

Dual will be good ofc, but with a strong Mightmerc, eObediance or eInsight, he can handle the few that can't be broken...I hope 😁

Thanks for sharing! I remember what a pain that used to be in Hell diff on my FO Sorc. X_x

that is very interesting, i might have to make a sorc then just to see how it plays now. Assa hit kind of a wall and i need gear and teleport sounds also like a thing that i would like to have

I rollled a new Blizzard Meph runner but got tired of her in act 2 so I made a Necro and walke dinto NM last night with him ...

From what I understand, is that this is how it was supposed to be.

Dual will be good ofc, but with a strong Mightmerc, eObediance or eInsight, he can handle the few that can't be broken...I hope 😁
No, it is a bug. It was also a bug in D2 for a while but was fixed in patch 1.08
Sorceress

Increased Fire Wall's damage.
Increased Blizzard's duration.
Decreased Meteor's casting delay.
Decreased casting time for Chain Lightning and Lightning.
Increased Frozen Orb's damage.
Thunder Storm now hits a target every time.
In expansion games, Static Field is no longer affected by Conviction and Lower Resist. It will not take a monster below 33% health in Nightmare difficulty or 50% in Hell difficulty.
In non-expansion games Static Field remains the same.
Cold Mastery will not affect cold immune monsters.
The damage inflicted by Ice Blast, Fire Ball, Lightning, Nova, and Glacial Spike, per level has been increased.

fKN Rripped at Duriel lvl 19 on the sorc. SO IM now lvling the Necro at lvl 33 in NM act 1 ... Illl make a new sorc the cold varient was always the best Meph Hell runner...

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High