Item Version: 1.10+ Expansion
Item Level: 87
Fingerprint: 0xf475bffb
+223% Enhanced Damage <--- / +180% - +230%
295% Bonus to Attack Rating <--- / +200% - +300%
Fires Explosive Arrows <--- (Level 13)
+4 to Bow and Crossbow Skills (Amazon Only) <--- /+2 - +4
Level 5 Revive (9/30 Charges)

Now, I’ve had a ton of these things drop . . . but never one so close to perfect. So, it seems a waste not to use it . . . but, what should I use it for . . .

The damage doesn’t suggest using strafe or multi. The Fires Level 13 Explosive Arrows and +4 to Bow Skills could work well with cold skills but other bows could work better . . . So, how about fire skills?

I was thinking about creating an Exploding Arrow Amazon around this bow but need some mechanics help:

1. Does adding skill points to Fire Arrow synergize the inherent Fires Level 13 Explosive Arrows?

2. If my Amazon has a Level 30 Exploding Arrow and I’m using Blood Raven’s Charge that has the inherent Fires Level 13 Explosive Arrows:

a. Am I shooting Level 43 Exploding Arrows?
b. Am I shooting Level 30 + Level 13 Exploding Arrows (I suppose mostly matters if the inherent Fires Level 13 Explosive Arrows synergizes with Fire Arrow or not) . . . or . . .
c. Am I still shooting Level 30 Exploding Arrows?
d. I’m really confused but you’ll try to save me from myself :D .

3. Hmm, I was sure there were three questions . . . um, any other thoughts on Blood Raven’s on an Exploding Arrow Amazon? :scratchchin:

Re: Blood Raven's Charge

The inherent exploding arrow does not mix with the skill regardless of whether you use the normal shot (lvl 13) or the skill (lvl30).
However, 20 points in fire arrow does synergize with the inherent exploding arrow.
No thoughts on the bow though, never made a fire maiden before.

However, 20 points in fire arrow does synergize with the inherent exploding arrow.
No thoughts on the bow though, never made a fire maiden before.

The inherent exploding arrow does not mix with the skill regardless of whether you use the normal shot (lvl 13) or the skill (lvl30).

So there's no advantage to using Level 30 Exploding Arrow with Blood Raven's that Fires Level 13 Exploding Arrows . . . I'd still only be shooting Level 30 Exploding Arrows?

No advantage. Yes.
A way to use this would be if you went the ice/physical route and you encountered a cold immune/physical immune, you could switch to normal attack and (slowly :p) whittle down the monsters life. Not something i would depend on though..

Last edited:

i found this one the other day. Not quite as good as the one you found. But still pretty good. It's a great looking bow and i don't see why it wouldn't be cool to make a build around it.

Blood Raven's Charge
Hellclap_(Diablo_II).gif

Matriarchal Bow
  • Two-Hand Damage: 60 to 141
  • (Amazon Only)
  • Required Dexterity: 187
  • Required Strength: 87
  • Required Level: 71
  • Bow Class - Fast Attack Speed
  • Item Version: 1.10+ Expansion
  • Item Level: 88
  • Fingerprint: 0x7507c8d
  • +200% Enhanced Damage
  • 229% Bonus to Attack Rating
  • Fires Explosive Arrows
  • +4 to Bow and Crossbow Skills (Amazon Only)
  • Level 5 Revive (12/30 Charges)

Granted the exploding arrows feature is worthless, but the combination of +skills, AR, and speed make this bow a great choice for a magezon.

Sorry for "necro posting", but it's just that I happen to love this bow.

Granted, it is no near as strong as stuff like Faith, Windforce, Harmony or even the Witchwild String and other upgraded bows. But it's still a decent bow for niche builds.

Having such a good base speed, it can pull off some interesting things for physical builds, such as having enough freedom in equipment for 7 fpa attack (max speed) while still maintaining 100% Pierce and chance to Amplify damage, among other possible mods (Crushing Blow, etc).

Sorry for "necro posting",

Ah, five days isn't necro posting :D .

Granted, it is no near as strong as stuff like Faith, Windforce, Harmony or even the Witchwild String and other upgraded bows. But it's still a decent bow for niche builds.

Having such a good base speed, it can pull off some interesting things for physical builds, such as having enough freedom in equipment for 7 fpa attack (max speed) while still maintaining 100% Pierce and chance to Amplify damage, among other possible mods (Crushing Blow, etc).

What sort of niche builds!? Past the "Magezon' idea I really couldn't think of anything interesting :\ .

Blood Raven's Charge is decent for any bowazon build - mage, physical or both. Unfortunately that's it, it is only 'decent', and other options outshadow it.

The problem with this bow is that it has mediocre damage, and doesn't excel at anything (except perhaps AR bonus, which equals/surpasses a maxed out Penetrate) - so there's almost always a better bow to take its place in a build unless the player is unlucky with bow/rune drops and has no options.

It is a fast bow for the Magezon due to the base speed, huge AR and decent +skills. However, it not only would be less +skills than the other bows, but also not very good to leech Mana (if you plan on leeching any) - specially considering some Runewords that are not expensive (such as Melody) and up to +6 to Bow Skills can be attained as opposed to +4 on BR's Charge.

One niche use for this build could use it is a high DEX Strafer to run the Pit. The enemies at the Pit have low HP and a high investment in DEX should suffice to kill at good speed; with enough room for MF gear while maintaining attack speed/kill speed.

I have also successfully used this bow on a hardcore Javazon weapon switch, back when Infinity didn't exist (to me it still doesn't exist in SP, lol). She was a high Lightning damage build which struggled against LI's, specially against Lightning Enchanted, against who I couldn't simply get in and Jab. The AR on this bow was good enough to pick dangerous monsters off at a distance. I possibly spent a point in Magic Arrow and Multi, the rest of +skills took care of skill levels.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High