D2 Blizzard North's Phil Shenk Shares Diablo 2 Memories - Updated 16 April

Corrupt-Rogue-22-March-2020.jpgWith interest in Diablo 2 Resurrected reaching new heights, it's no huge surprise we are seeing some familiar names from the Blizzard North celebrating the upcoming remaster of their classic.

Today Blizzard North's Phil Shenk has decided to share his thoughts on the Diablo games Blizzard North developed. Phil was an artist working at Blizzard North and made a massive contribution to the series in the early days. He was behind the look of the Necromancer and Amazon among many other things we know and love about the game.

Included is the Act 1 monster planning sheet with various columns, one of which is labeled "topless". Quite edgy for back then in the world of videogames.

Also, a fun fact, Diablo 2's Shenk the Overseer was named after Phil Shenk and can be found in the Bloody Foothills near the stairs to the Frigid Highlands.

Phil has kicked off a thread today so keep an eye on that in the days ahead. We'll of course be keeping an eye out for updates and post up some of the nuggets of history as they happen.

Updated 11 May

Updated 25 April

Updated 22 April

Updated 16 April

Updated 5 April

Updated 25 March

Another update from Phil today and there's some Andariel action.

Updated 23 March

Updated 21 March

Phil returns with another update and many of you may remember the corrupt rogue image that appeared in the press.

Updated 16 March

Attachments

• Diablo-2-logo.jpg
    Diablo-2-logo.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 52
Last edited:
Spiffy.

I like the bits of development details revealed as Diablo 2 is returning. I think my favorite new detail so far is that the statues that observe you as you enter Chaos Sanctuary are Black Knights from Diablo 1.

Another update from Phil with the Corrupt Rogue.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High