Item Level: 87
Version: Expansion 1.10+
+2 to Combat Skills (Barbarian Only)
+30% Faster Run/Walk
+20 to Strength
+17 to Dexterity
+39 to Mana
Lightning Resist +29%

Been leveling my blizz sorc in tunnels on p5. I did about 350 runs this weekend and had two big drops! Got to 93.3ish.

joJuETs.png

E86FvuY.png

Other nice drops included:
ik armor
infernal cap (grailer)
pnb skiller
arkaines valor (1skill)
nats helm (grailer)
titans (second set since reset, and an upgrade to the first one)
eschutas (3skill)
tals orb (same run as eschutas, 2/2/1)
reapers (from 10 mephy runs)
demonhorn's Edge (grailer, from 5 pindle runs)

Quite a nice d2 weekend :) Grail cracked -100 over the weekend, and is down to -96 I think

Journey to lvl 94 is almost over. Some nice drop while travelling between acts - i forgot xp efficiency for run variety, it's less mechanical.

At early stage, this nice grailer:
eIWHeo0l.jpg

Then more noticeable drops were skillers (not of any use for her as she's untwinked and trapsin):
eO81MFwl.jpg

jdKXoyfl.jpg

The Soul drainer's at CS (also a grailer):
bP1QmlVl.jpg

See you on next update!

78UVA5H.jpg

Third Eth Tomb Reaver I've found, but it's the first one with 3 sockets. Lowish rolls though, but it's something!

@NorthDakota I am not sure if I have ever found a Gris Caddy in 15+ years of playing D2. No Lie! LOL. I can't remember finding the Caddy, Shield or Helm. I probably have when I was online and when they were low value and I didn't think much of it, but it has definitely eluded me on my several restarts/runs through SP! I hope to get some soon. I imagine they just get annoying for you now lol.

@NanoMist beautiful find duder!

So I wanted to bring something up. I have distractions and a TV show I am watching, so I took a break from my HC Druid and started to do LK Runs again on my Sorcy. Now every single rune above Vex that I have found since my SP restart about 2 years ago(? no idea I have no sense of time), has been from LK, except for a Jah from Trav and a Sur from River of Flame on the way to CS. Unless I am forgetting one, but I can't think of any other.

I have been seeing tons of high rune drops, along with tons of high level uniques and sets that I would love to land, in areas like AT, Pits, Pindle, CS, Baal, etc. Now I know that LK is best place for HRs and that Trav is probably second and Cows and CS is after that. I like that LK seems to payoff quickly and handsomely, but then goes on super long cold streaks. But doing LK eliminates the chance for pretty much any high end items, outside of some socketables and a few racks that can get lucky occasionally.

My question for you guys is, do you feel doing LK for the high rune rate is a better payoff in the end? Or do you think Trav, with a decent rune payout(not for me, other than the one Jah after tons of runs) and the chance of some other nice things like Facets and some uniques is the better balance? Or do you find doing CS, Baal, Pindle+Niithlak, Pits or AT being the best places overall, due to the chance of finding HRs along with top end Uniques?

I also seem to go to LK for the longest periods of times, but with seeing all of the HRs people get falling all over the place, it makes me think I am wasting my time looking for ONLY runes and jewelry, when I could be getting HRs and getting items I need to drop. I am wondering if my luck has just been bad as far as finding runes above Vex, in areas that can drop items like DWeb and Crown of Ages(I really want those two, particularly a CoA BAD lol).

So is the greatness of LK and maybe Trav kind of diminished due to runes being mainly the only thing that is really chased after(other than occasional nice jewelry or charms)? I'd love to know if you guys find the other areas more worth the time. I know I could read through all the guides, and I have several times, but I am wondering how you guys feel on individual levels. Everyone has a little different idea of what works best.

Last edited:
Trav is nice because :

a) exp gain
b) higher lvl rune drops
c) uniques/facets, rare rings/amulets/jewels, crafting mats

LK is nice because:

a) can be done by any character build
b) crafting mats
c) charms

Just depends on your needs and abilities. Untwinked, LK is king. Twinked, I prefer Trav because it's so much less boring imo.

I don't like LK twinked either. Well, untwinked neither, or at least not much, but it pays off so much in that case, not only because of HRs, but also because you still need to build up your collection of charms, rares, jewels, gems, ...

As far as other areas go ... I usually don't run Travincal outside tournaments. Not sure why though, as I like the place. Probably because I mainly focus on my untwinked 99ers and building some new characters when I'm not doing tournaments. The same goes for Cows.

After a while Travincal and Cows don't give you much xp anymore anyway, and they can't drop many items you still need. In my case, no S/U ones for example, except for facets. That's when I also like to run Pits or CS on /p7, with a character that also has some 200% - 300% mf. Nice mix of xp, rune drops and S/U drops.

@Jocular what about CS, Hell Cows, Baal, AT, Pits? I want high runes, but the added bonus of top tier uniques is kind of what I want. But I don't seem to find any high runes outside of LK. The dilemma. lol.

A couple CS runs:
Code:
Sandstorm Trek
Scarabshell Boots
Defense: 237
Durability: 8 of 8
Required Level: 64
Required Strength: 81
Fingerprint: 0x9be29b21
Item Level: 88
Version: Expansion 1.10+
Unidentified
+20% Faster Run/Walk
+20% Faster Hit Recovery
+140% Enhanced Defense
+13 to Strength
+10 to Vitality
+75 Maximum Stamina (Based on Character Level)
50% Slower Stamina Drain
Poison Resist +55%
Repairs 1 Durability in 20 Seconds
Ethereal

@NanoMist - Nice find!

At some point while leveling to 94, IpBanPrevales dropped this. Don't know if it is usable in some way, but still an overall grailer for me :)
mhgxLBwl.jpg

Overall it's quite common and useless. I guess you could build around the entire set if you want to.

@T72on1 that is what I was thinking. I would do P7 CS/Diablo Runs on my Zealdin who is level 92 right now. Good XP and the availability of tons of items and I did find a Sur in the River of Flame on the way once. I sometimes will walk Baal Runs too on P7 with the Zealdin. But I have never found a HR there and can't think of any really good other items in that stretch. I also do Trav with him, but did TONS and only found a Jah once, the ONLY HR from Trav I have ever found. Next Highest probably something lame like Mal.

The dilemma I have is that of my Vex+ Runes I have found in the last year or two on my current SP restart, like 95%+ have been from LK Chests. Tons of Mal/Ist/Sur/Gul/Vex, an Ohm and I think 2 Ber, maybe 3 can't remember for sure. No Lo oddly. Outside of those LK hauls, only other HRs are the Sur from River of Flame and Jah from Trav. Then a Vex from Threshsocket and the occasional random Pul/Mal/Ist/Gul and a few Vex in other areas. But nothing above maybe a couple Vex Runes. Even doing Hell Cows with a really strong Javazon, only found a Gul once as highest rune. I also run on my 93 Sorceress too, but mainly been doing LK with her whenever I use her.

So I really want to find some of the high unique items I haven't found yet. I have found Death's Fathom and Griffon's from the Halls of Pain(one after Pindle, I think it's Pain or Vaught). I found an Eth Reaper's Toll way back around when I found my DFathom, I think it was from Meph maybe? I can't remember for sure. I recently found Eth Titan's from Diablo. But I REALLY want a Crown of Ages and Windforce and would like a DWeb and some of the other very useful, yet hard to find uniques.

But I also really want and need to find High Runes to keep runewords going (Have Grief PB, Sup. Wyrmhide Fortitude on my Zealer == Enigma Mage Plate and Eth Infinity Thresher on my Javazon == Eth Conquest Sword Oath, Eth Sup. Colossus Sword Death and Sup. Scarab Husk Duress on my Frenzy Barb == And then CtA on my Blizz Sorc, Javazon and Zealdin, my 3 main characters). But there are so many more runewords that I want to make and new characters I want to make, but need tons of more runes of course. I am sitting at 1 Vex and 3 Sur as far as "HRs", lots of Lem through Mal.

My issue is that I seem to only find my HRs doing LOWER KURAST RUNS, which get boring quick, no EXP and eliminate the possibility of finding any high uniques/sets that I still would like and haven't found. TRAV hasn't really panned out and doesn't offer much EXP, plus doesn't offer a whole lot outside of High Runes, other than maybe charms, jewelry and facets and then lower items. HELL COWS has only really panned out in the way of socketables/rune bases and occasional charms/jewelry. Pits and Ancient Tunnels hasn't netted me much of anything. It leaves me wanting to do CS/DIABLO, WSK/BAAL RUNS and PINDLE/HALLS OF PAIN/VAUGHT and NIHLATHAK, as pretty much all the items and runes can be found from these places. The issue is that I can't get High Runes to drop from these areas? Is it that much harder to find High Runes from those places, or am I super unlucky? I see people on here finding HRs all over the place, why can't I find them in places outside of LK chests lol!!!

Do you think if I just focus on those 3 high tier areas, that runes will start to fall? Or do I really need to run LK specifically for HRs and then do the other areas specifically for higher tier uniques and sets and hope an occasional high rune will fall? I just wondered if my luck is super weird and skewed, because when it starts raining in LK, it usually pours and I find 2 or 3 HRs in short notice, then go on long cold streaks. Can I do CS/D, WSK/B and PINDLE/HALLS/NIHLATHAK and eventually get runes to start falling?

Intense night of AT running, 334 runs to be exact. Couple of nice finds, including:

- Spirit Ward #2 (was my -6 Grail item, sitting at -4 right now)
- Griffons #6 (-18 /10)
- Shako ~#16
- Stormshield ~#14
- Occu ~#14
- Ist Rune

And some more items like viper, Leviathan and 3(?!) Demons Arch.

Kinda happy with the night but I'd have preferred to see a grailer. Especially mad at 2nd unique Ward. Have been waiting a year and half to find one and now my second in-between a couple of weeks..:confused:

I guess one can and I would trade half of them for an Astreons or rather a Deaths Fathom :$
Still nice to see the unique Diadem drop, though (-:

@ArtOfSenf Great stuff! Haha at this rate your second grail will be -1 at the same time as your first grail. And just for fun, how many AT runs would you estimate you've done total on this grail?

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High