Arkaine's Valor Question

Noodle

Jul 18, 2003
Arkaine's Valor Question

This may seem stupid, but I'm OK with that. As far as anyone here knows, my real name is "Noodle", when in fact it's"Pasta."

I found an Arkaine's Valor a few brief moments ago on level one of the Pit. I don't see it mentioned much anymore in guides, and I can see why given the high strength required (165). However, the +2 to skills is attractive, as is the defense (1311). Is this a useful armor? I've pretty much stuck with amazons in 1.10, feeding my obsession with blondes. Is it worth getting a barb, so I can use the armor? Should I use it as trade bait instead, figuring my primary mf lf/pj zon is totally untwinked, and has yet to find a Titans? Maybe I should trade this for a nice jav . . . advice, anyone?

Noodle

I've seen it mentioned in a few PvP barb builds. However they search for ethereal ones (especially ones from before 1.10), which have even more defense. You zon's going to need a ton of resists to survive 1.10 as a javazon. I agree that you should trade this for a nice jav.

For armor you can go for an not-that-expensive route with smoke, lionheart, or even duriel's shell.

I'd use it on my Java, but that's just because of the +2 Skills, the High def and the 30 % FHR. But hey....that's me.

165 str is nothing for a javazon. SS is the best shield for Jav, requires 156. SS also gives +30 str. So if you twink your char so that she meets 156 (+20anni+Lionheart was my way of achieving 156str) it's quite a usefull armor. I'll always prefer Lionheart, because the str that you save with not needing 165str goes to dex/vit , dmg/life. Arky's are still quite good for barbs who can't afford the CoH and Enigma and whatever expensive runewords there are. I'd trade it for some titans+stormshield, you can easily get good titans+SS+a lot more usefull javazon stuff for a nice arkaines.

Well in that case...I have a Titan's and a Storm lying around and would happily trade them for a Ark. Val. Provided we're talking the Europe server... :p

IMO an Arkaine's is worth more that Storm+Titan's. If you want to sell it, better post it in the trade forum for your realm.

krischan said:
IMO an Arkaine's is worth more that Storm+Titan's. If you want to sell it, better post it in the trade forum for your realm.
Good advice! Follow it - this thing is not cheap! I would bid Titans, SS and and good +2 skills glowes as a matter of fact and THAN ask you to list your needs :)

Herald of Doom said:
I'd trade it for some titans+stormshield, you can easily get good titans+SS+a lot more usefull javazon stuff for a nice arkaines.
Ahem, that's what I said :p

Herald of Doom said:
Ahem, that's what I said :p

Sorry in case I haven't been clear enough, but my comment was meant as a reply to Eisirt's offer - assuming your last comment was meant as a reply to mine :lol:

Don't trade Valor for Titans unless it is ethereal Titans, Valor is MUCH more rare than a non-eth Titans, even though it is class-specific. You can reasonably find Titans from even NM Meph runs of all things.

Obviously sarcasm is wasted on the youthfull...

Titans drop like flies, Storms are not that hard to get...

Keep the Ark. and proceed MF-ing. The thing is good enough to build a char around. I can think of about 7 Heavy Armor casters without breaking stride.

Anyone thinking it was intended as a serious bid should have their heads examined.

Very helpful advice, as always. Thanks for the input - I guess I'm going to hold onto it, and do some more mf'ing to try to find my own eth-Titans.

Noodle

Eisirt said:
Obviously sarcasm is wasted on the youthfull...

Titans drop like flies, Storms are not that hard to get...

Keep the Ark. and proceed MF-ing. The thing is good enough to build a char around. I can think of about 7 Heavy Armor casters without breaking stride.

Anyone thinking it was intended as a serious bid should have their heads examined.

I assume you didn't mean me, as (a) I guess I'm older then 95% of the guys in these forums and (b) I didn't say that I took your offer serious. I just said the armor is worth more than Storm+Titan's in order to help Noodle to understand your way of being sarcastic.

You might think I'm probably not in a position to teach you a lesson about courtesy, but as I'm so old, I reserve the right for me to give you good advice without having been asked for them:

Be careful with sarcasm if it could be interpreted in an unfavorable way. Use the sarcasm markers (aka smileys) in these cases. It doesn't make a good impression if you write something that could be misunderstood as a rip-off and later you say "Oh, this was obviously sarcasm/just a joke/a starting offer". Those who don't know you might think it's just a cheap excuse. No matter what you will say later, most of the people won't change their opinion anymore. Adding insults like "Get your head examined" will make the situation even worse.

yes it's a good armor now. i'm glad they changed it. def matters in .10, and the newer armors with higher def don't have + all skills.

a zon might not find it as useful as a barb/pally. if you haven't played one, this is a great piece to build a char around.

I apologize, I hadn't realized I had started to insult anyone yet....or were you taking things personal ?

Eisirt said:
I apologize, I hadn't realized I had started to insult anyone yet....or were you taking things personal ?

No problem, I was done with my work a little earlier than expected, so I took the time to be a little sarcastic myself and wrote a more lenghty reply. I asked myself if I overstretched it (and I apologize in case you have to force yourself to hold back what you really think), but it seems it was just the right dose.

Nobody got hurt at last. Time to close this thread and relax... but perhaps you would like to have the final word ;)

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High