Anything Goes D2 Lounge!

Finished off the Pally yesterday, and made a change today, going back to straight offline play, and really for no reason except that there are character limits online. Dusted off some of my chars that I started last year before the Remaster launched, so I'll be working on my wind druid and see how that goes.

Reactions: BBS_Agonistes
Do folks use the %ED Paladin shields for anything? I found a few that rolled Knight's, one 65% ED, and I can imagine someone wanting to max out ED on a RW like Phoenix but it seems like the res all automod would just be more practical.

Do folks use the %ED Paladin shields for anything? I found a few that rolled Knight's, one 65% ED, and I can imagine someone wanting to max out ED on a RW like Phoenix but it seems like the res all automod would just be more practical.
I recon if one is going all out on damage (phoenix and fortitude) then a 65ed automod would be a drop in the ed ocean. I suspect one would benefit more from 45 all res automod as it would theoretically be freeing 9 spaces worth of shimmering small charms for max damage charms being applied the already massive ed on them.

On a side note: Hoz +skills give 58 ed for a fanazealot: +4 zeal = 24ed, +2 fana = 34 ed. This sadly underlines the crappyness of Alma Negra.

Last edited:
Been doing LK runs for quite some time today. I didn’t find any runes above Lum… I also didn’t die or drink up all my full rejuvs because I had my fingers on the number row in stead of the QWE one.

Not too bad a day. I think I added some 100 runes to my total. Next time I’ll have to write that number down so I can say with a bit more certainty

Keeping track of just the number of runs and when high runes dropped helps me a lot with staying motivated. Even if I don't find anything, I still feel the accomplishment of having completed X number of runs.

Question that exposes my newbie-ness to Zons:

What's you guys' go-to for taking a Javazon through hell, sans Infinity? Go the pure Lightning route and jab things to death or let merc/valk take care of them? Or is it worth having a backup skill like Plague Javelin? I'm trying to avoid a Bow hybrid.

I've been reading through the build guides and Mat threads and I've seen some say PJ is so weak that Jab does the job quicker, but I know D2R buffed up the PJ so it's a tad more useable.

Question that exposes my newbie-ness to Zons:

What's you guys' go-to for taking a Javazon through hell, sans Infinity? Go the pure Lightning route and jab things to death or let merc/valk take care of them? Or is it worth having a backup skill like Plague Javelin? I'm trying to avoid a Bow hybrid.

I've been reading through the build guides and Mat threads and I've seen some say PJ is so weak that Jab does the job quicker, but I know D2R buffed up the PJ so it's a tad more useable.
I use jab. Wanted to avoid bow-hybrid too and tried some time with a wand with lower resist charger but couldn’t be bothered in the long run.

I jab and the valk and merc help, a lot! Only them ghostlike things are bothersome when the entire WSK is full of them. And the occasional PI/LI I just run past

Keeping track of just the number of runs and when high runes dropped helps me a lot with staying motivated. Even if I don't find anything, I still feel the accomplishment of having completed X number of runs.
Yeah, I do that with the NM Andy runs because the goal (SOJ) is kinda far away and other rewards are… not there really.

LK is so rewarding that I don’t really need that motivation at all. Finding skillers and other good charms or trying to craft fcr amulets is so helpfull

Been doing LK runs for quite some time today. I didn’t find any runes above Lum… I also didn’t die or drink up all my full rejuvs because I had my fingers on the number row in stead of the QWE one.

Not too bad a day. I think I added some 100 runes to my total. Next time I’ll have to write that number down so I can say with a bit more certainty
I found that if you can get an Elite Javelin with good ED, you can just keep on using CS/LF. I found a Gargoyle's Bite with my Zon who was in A4 Hell at the time, and I was amazed at how quickly LI's melted from the physical damage of teh weapon, and I had a decent amount of LL so it was a win/win. My Merc did have Reapers so that was a big part of it as well. I found an upgrade from the Anya quest (when does that ever happen???) and it carried me to the end. Quite a speedy Eldritch/Shenk/Pindle farmer too.

Thank you! Good to know! I have farmed a few Titan's (none eth, sadly) and Thunderstroke with my sorceress, so I'll probably take that route.

I found that if you can get an Elite Javelin with good ED, you can just keep on using CS/LF. I found a Gargoyle's Bite with my Zon who was in A4 Hell at the time, and I was amazed at how quickly LI's melted from the physical damage of teh weapon, and I had a decent amount of LL so it was a win/win. My Merc did have Reapers so that was a big part of it as well. I found an upgrade from the Anya quest (when does that ever happen???) and it carried me to the end. Quite a speedy Eldritch/Shenk/Pindle farmer too.
My Javazon had a bow on switch and points in Freezing Arrow as the main strategy for immune monsters, but I also noticed that LI’s were still taking decent damage from the javelins the occasional time when I didn’t bother switching. I was running with a Tiamat’s Rebuke shield along with my Demon’s Arch javs, so a fair amount of fire damage should have been getting added.

My Javazon had a bow on switch and points in Freezing Arrow as the main strategy for immune monsters, but I also noticed that LI’s were still taking decent damage from the javelins the occasional time when I didn’t bother switching. I was running with a Tiamat’s Rebuke shield along with my Demon’s Arch javs, so a fair amount of fire damage should have been getting added.
Yep, I had FA for LI's as well, and I had a Koku Shakaku that complimented the build nicely.

NM Andy had some surprises today! I had three unique rings dropping (all nagel of course) and a unique amu (nozokan) but also a set item I didn’t have, from orphan’s call. The helmet would have been awesome so obviously I didn’t get that but I did get the gloves

So here's a tale of the joys of RNG. So now I've got my solo characters set, SC for the laptop, HC on PC. Now I had three Mats from last year, while waiting for D2R, and had started some others, so I decided to get my wind druid going again. I start thinking about Spirit, and after a little research I see that Normal cows have a good chance to drop the sword I need. So I send in my FA zon, and sure enough I get a broad sword.

Well, amongst those 3 mat/pats, i find that at least 7 of my Larzuk quests have been used up! My sorc might have an open one on N/NM, but she has such a nice Hell map, I don't want to lose it. So cubing it is. Well, you can imagine my joy at only getting one socket, and then the further fun of realizing you can't reroll after the first attempt.

So I shrug, it's not a huge deal, the druid is still only level 25 and it's not difficult yet. I decide to do a little MF with the sorc. I start on Pindle, and the first mob I kill in the garden drops a 4os Superior Crystal Sword. You know, as you do XD

So now my Windy is rocking a poorly rolled, but still effective Spirirt, and at 30 he also gets a +2 Ele skill ammy, so I don't think I'll have a lot of issues for quite awhile.

Put some more levels on the Zerker today. He is now level 54 and just started in Act II NM.

Which means he can now use both spirits for his war cries boost, so with the current set up (switched some gear around to make him ready for Grief in 5 more levels) he had +10 on switch for cries as prebuff. (+4 for spirits, +2 IK helmet, +2 Myth armor, BK ring and a skiller)

He is pretty solid to play only his one handed damage output is a bit low. But Grief will solve that soon enough. So next goals are Grief at level 59 and either Fortitude or CoH at level 63.

Edit: put another level on him. Want to start using Grieg asap. I can imagine Grief + Fortitude + might Merc + spirit of wolverine + bezerk should give me a pretty heavy damage output. Spirit is probably hard to keep alive but still

Last edited:
Good morning SPFers! So I've been playing my Wind druid the last few days, starting A4 N at level 27 last night, /p3. Got past Diablo with a modicum of trouble, dinged 30 in the Foothills, equipped a +2 Ele skills amulet, and gave the Merc Insight, and this build exploded! Switched to /P7 and barely noticed a difference in speed. Hit level 41 by the time I stopped in the Ancients Way. The combo of Hurricane & Twister has been devastating so far, and I even decided to have some fun and put some points in Summoning so I could have the Bear to pal around with (I like bears).

Going to try to do some planning for later, I don't have a great deal of gear to work with offline either, but I am looking at making a Smoke for Hell to go along with a Spirit Shield, hoping to get those Resists up. Cyclone Armor absorbs a lot, but not enough. Have a great Friday!

Today I decided to try something else with the javazon. Running Baal and putting levels on her is nice, but what I need most is runes. I don’t like running LK with 2 of my 5 characters so she has been doing countess runs.

I don’t have a perfect map but that’s ok, she speeds through it anyway. Even the LI die in three jabs with the pointy end of a Javalin.

Drops where better then I could hope for. Mail, Lum and Lem all dropped and the amount of set and uniques items that dropped had me surprised. NothingI didn’t have before, but still… the potential is there.

Also put another level on the barb. I really want him running with Grief asap

Is it just me, or do you also think the Necromancer's Bone Spirit missiles look like ghostly versions of the head of "Geri," from Toy Story 2 and the Pixar short film "Geri's Game?"

BoneSpirits.png : Geri1.png
[images courtesy of Arreat Summit and Fandom.com]

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High