Anything Goes D2 Lounge!

There are features that are not FAM. So don’t use those obviously.
Being honest I do not know what is not FAM and works on D2R. Do you mean the Advanced Auto mode ?
I suppose the Auto-mode feature is not useful anyway since IDing sth counts as a new run.

I find the software useful regardless, always on top reminds me to hit the new run shortcut during the (very long) load times.

Hello everybody,
I'm a very recent member, I played D2 like 10 years ago and I started again playing SP with D2R for a couple months now
This forum has been a great source of information since then but there are still many terms I dont get yet, and one I see everywhere is twinked/untwinked
What does that mean ?
Thanks in advance :)
Welcome to the SPF!! Why not make an introduction post where more can see it?! :)

Untwinked = Character uses only gear only he/she has found (no transfer of runes, gems, gold, charms, white items etc from other characters)
Twinked = Character uses gear found by other characters (e.g. to speed up leveling, etc i transfer death's set to a new character)
Thank you, very clear answer ; make me admire people who play untwinked characters, though i understand the fun of it

Btw, one my first ever 2/20 fcr tiara i just found, and its ethereal, how unfair is that ?

Attachments

• Capture d’écran 2022-09-05 à 19.42.09.png
    Capture d’écran 2022-09-05 à 19.42.09.png
    695 KB · Views: 7
Is there a standard key farming build? I looked around and didn't see much on the subject, and tried a few different characters of my own. I originally wanted a character who could farm keys AND run Ubers, but I realized I'd need to switch gear out a lot and didn't feel like doing that. I'm very happy with the Uber Smiter I made very closely adhering to @Excalibur's guide here.

I didn't have Nature's Peace, and finally settled on a WW Barb with Enigma. He runs every area quite easily: Summoner and Countess on P5 or P7 and Nihlathak on P3 or P5, using standard gear. Now I have Nature's Peace, so I think he'll be really safe. I'm just curious if there are other builds that excel in running those areas quickly. I know @ffs had mentioned putting together a FoH/Smiter that could do keys AND Ubers.

Last edited:
Reactions: Excalibur
Because the counter just monitoring game saves, for the first run you have to use the hot key to start and then from there it will count on its own.

It seems like other things trigger the counter starting a new run, like casting TP or identifying items.

Doesn't the fact it monitors saves give it exactly the same issues as @silospen's counter, i.e. the extra save automatic save points introduced with D2R?

As a general overview if the run counter does not assist you in any way other than counting runs, it is OK. If it starts doing anything else - Auto starting the next run after S&E for example - That is not allowed. Basically you play the game yourself, anything else is on the slippery slope to botting.

Doesn't the fact it monitors saves give it exactly the same issues as @silospen's counter, i.e. the extra save automatic save points introduced with D2R?

As a general overview if the run counter does not assist you in any way other than counting runs, it is OK. If it starts doing anything else - Auto starting the next run after S&E for example - That is not allowed. Basically you play the game yourself, anything else is on the slippery slope to botting.
I think you’re correct. Although I haven’t used Silo’s, the Oskros counter does start a new run if you ID something, and I think also when you cast a scroll of town portal. Also, if I click the character and then click the difficulty a few seconds, it registers a tiny run there. I usually never do that as I just hit “enter” and H for hell or N for NM.

Since I’m aware of those, I just hit Ctrl+D to delete last run if I do that, though it happens very rarely with what I’ve used it for recently (Pindle).

Is there a standard key farming build? I looked around and didn't see much on the subject, and tried a few different characters of my own. I originally wanted a character who could farm keys AND run Ubers, but I realized I'd need to switch gear out a lot and didn't feel like doing that. I'm very happy with the Uber Smiter I made very closely adhering to @Excalibur's guide here.

I didn't have Nature's Peace, and finally settled on a WW Barb with Enigma. He runs every area quite easily: Summoner and Countess on P5 or P7 and Nihlathak on P3 or P5, using standard gear. Now I have Nature's Peace, so I think he'll be really safe. I'm just curious if there are other builds that excel in running those areas quickly. I know @ffs had mentioned putting together a FoH/Smiter that could do keys AND Ubers.
I used a 200% FCR Lighting Sorceress for Summoner and Countess but I guess for those two you can use anything you feel less bored with.
For Nihlathak who tends to be very dangerous at higher Player settings I used a Hammerdin which was perfectly fine. Reaper's Toll or Kelpie Snare on Hireling will slow Nihlathak a lot and really works great for extra safety. Blizzard Sorceress can also do the trick. The minions around him are immune to cold so there's no danger killing those and leaving corpses behind in case you don't want to use a Nature's peace.

A character that can run both without the need to switch gear would probably be a kicksin. She is supposed to be even better than a smiter, I will soon work on her just to check it out.

Reactions: BBS_Agonistes

The way I am reading this, if I do everything manually (that means also logging the runs with the hotkey and not relying on counting the saves) I am on the safe side. Cheers for clarifying that :)

Auto counting of the runs is fine. I don’t use Oskoros, so don’t know how it works exactly.

Ukko the Dual Dream barb has achieved victory and taken down Baal. After mucking through Act 4 on P8 I'd had enough, so dropped down to P5 the rest of the way (Ancients at P1) and went much smoother. It's not that I could not complete it at 8, just that areas were taking forever and was not fun. Only death was to a triple boss pack of Gloams on the Plains. Will do a better write up later this week.

Having merc survival issues in act i hell. What armor should I give him/look for? His resists are 38 and the only bad thing is that he’s wearing a set cuirass along with guillames face. He’s using a rare falcata and a rare rune sword. Its a good thing i put 20 into valk and with a +3 prebuff she basically is the tank while i strafe everything.

Having merc survival issues in act i hell. What armor should I give him/look for? His resists are 38 and the only bad thing is that he’s wearing a set cuirass along with guillames face. He’s using a rare falcata and a rare rune sword. Its a good thing i put 20 into valk and with a +3 prebuff she basically is the tank while i strafe everything.
Barb merc i gather? Best helm is arreat face and for armor you could try treachury. shaftstop or duriel's shell.

I have not tried it myself, but people have said that sazabi set on the new frenzy merc is supposed to be very good.

Reactions: djmbbandie
I'll second Treachery for the armor slot. If you have some mid runes, Crescent Moon is pretty good, as is Oath. I'm considering making a Kingslayer PB for the CB. If you have a Headstriker, that's good, too.

On a slightly different note, I just finished NM with my fishymancer, using the barb merc. Well, his ai is not the best and he stands around doing nothing a lot, even when there're enemies around:

barbAFK1.png

Also, when he does engage (which is most of the time, to be fair), he sometimes gets crowded out by the skellies:

barbAFK2.png

I tried having fewer skellies, as you can see in the screenshot, but he still spends a lot of time not helping. I was thinking that the barb merc (with Grief, Headstriker, Fortitude, Arreat's Face) would get the first kill faster than the desert merc, allowing me to spam CE sooner, but having such short range on his weapons limits his ability to fight from the backline. I've also been focusing on ranged only for revives.

It's not working out as I had hoped, but I'll keep at it. When I respec, I may leave skellies at 1 point and max just Skeleton Mastery. If that doesn't help I may just go back to the desert merc.

Played with Connavar, the Zerker. Took him through act IV NM and just killed Nili. I forgot what an absolute beast he is and there are still synergie points to spent on bezerk to make him even more hard hitting. When he hits Hell I will redo his charms because his inventory is a bit of a mess.

Conovar_fal.png

Best things he found, except his 6 levels were mid runes: A dol from the Forge, 2 fals from random characters in act IV and a pul on the way to Nili.

Dont have any mid runes yet as the pul and lum I got in NM went to upgrade the wws and make a smoke. My barb merc is the opposite in that he basically always dives into the fray. I’ll keep an eye out for the stuff mentioned though.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High