Anything Goes D2 Lounge!

What is the reason for all MF pit barbs going for berserk instead of WW/Frenzy/conc? Is it just more damage and magic based, so it ignores stone skin / physical immunes? I guess you can 6x ist PB offhand too if youre berserking.

I'm just wondering if a PitWhirler is worth theorycrafting or testing

@Tatterson

I believe it's all about efficiency. Tele, Howl, Beserk, Hork. Rinse, repeat.

Berserk offers the highest damage bonus of all the Barb's skills, and not affected by Hell monsters' universal 50% physical resistances. Paired with Grief, it's all about 1-2 shot killing uniques.

@art_vandelay

Aaah. Maybe it's my mindset of overstacking leech in anticipation of those resists and penalties.

Thanks for clearing that up.:)

Edit: WTH. Out of those non-resistant, 99% are fallen? Is that because they're trash mobs or the reason they're trash mobs? :unsure:

SPF BM duels don’t allow either.

Golem makes little difference. Decrep reduces damage, but Barb should be OK. If the necro is Max block will be a big factor. Ping and skill of the Barb player is most important.

Reactions: d2lover
Edit: WTH. Out of those non-resistant, 99% are fallen? Is that because they're trash mobs or the reason they're trash mobs? :unsure:
In the files usually monsters of the same type are in the same set of rows, like nearly all Fallen types are stacked. So somebody just needed to input a 15 for one of them and then copy and pasted for the others.

Is there some info on how many enemies that can spawn in areas? For example, cow level and chaos sanctuary?

Is there a affix that makes boots white/silver?
Here is a list of color + mods for affixes/suffixes. https://www.diabloii.net/forums/threads/colored-items-prefix-suffix-transform.935360/
It does list someone thing as "white, but I havent looked in what determines colours.

Here is some additional info about what determines colours. I think I have seen whiteish boots, but not 100% sure.

Reactions: d2lover
Is there a PvP thread?

Just wanted to know if there are players that play Zeal or Werewolf in hld

Is there some info on how many enemies that can spawn in areas? For example, cow level and chaos sanctuary?

This is actually a result of two different parameters. One is the 'MonDen' i.e monster density column in levels.txt, and the other is the 'MinGrp' and 'MaxGrp' columns in monstats.txt.

As for the actual numbers, I'm not sure anyone knows.

For Cow Level, MonDen is 800 and the Min&MaxGrp values for Hell Bovines are 5 and 10 respectively. MonDen for CS is 800 also. The monsters there work a bit differently, namely OK's spawns with a party i.e 2 to 4 Doom Knights. And the OK's themselves have maxgrp up to 2.

Attached is 1.13 levels.txt, just copy all and paste it into Excel if you want to have a closer look.

Attachments

• 1.13 levels.txt
    65.1 KB · Views: 0
Reactions: saracen85
@Ghonn People were (and still are) always talking about putting Cham in their Zerker's Shako and I kinda don't like barb enough to just Cham a Shako on a whim, so in the MFO thread last year I casually said that Cham'ing Shako is a waste. Then @yng picked that up in the IFT when socketing options for Shako came up. I changed my avatar to the current one before responding to him. :D

I hovered a Cham over an open socket Shako if I recall correctly, but the Cham ultimately went into a +11 Fire Absorb Steelshade, totally worth it :cool:

btw I totally forgot to do this in the start post: @D2DC please repost that thing were you stacked '- Light Radius' on a character and you couldn't see them anymore. :D So people will know what this thread is all about!
Necro post!

That's pretty funny. I recently found a Cham and I'm considering options. Chammed Shako did cross my mind.

Necro post!

That's pretty funny. I recently found a Cham and I'm considering options. Chammed Shako did cross my mind.
It would only be good for that one build (and potentially Trapsin) and that's it. Pitzerker is just a fad after all, but Cham is forever ;)
Better wait for something worthy of a Cham or make a Cham based runeword. :p

Reactions: snickersnack
^^ Hey! A Cham is totally worth it, allowing that additional 30 or so MF on top of the 700+++ you already have on your Pitzerker...:ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: art_vandelay
Is it allowed to have Wirts leg(s) farmed by another char, and running cow with the main char?

What about multiple wirts legs in a Gomule stash? (i believe you can only have one on a char)

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High