Anything Goes D2 Lounge!

35,000 is what Charsi would offer for it :) Beyond that, I’ll defer to others on the odds, etc of it. But will only add that I’d totally build a Windy around that pelt :p

@Jamie the pelt is real, I can understand how you might think it was a fake item, but it really dropped off a rack in Nihlathak's level that was completely stable and always dropped blue blood spirits (except for several rare ones...) I hit the rack between 500-600 times (it was paired with a Champion Sword rack, and I ran them until I got Doombringer)

35,000 gold is indeed what Charsi would offer for it...in 1.09+. In 1.07, the max sell price is only 25,000, so that's all Charsi would give...

It is, hands down, the most perfect Windy helm I've ever seen...the only thing that could have been better would have been more life (blue pelts can get up to 'of the Colossus' (+41-60 life), and 'of the Mammoth' can get up to 40), but I was more than happy with how it rolled, especially since it meshed perfectly with all the other 3's... @pharphis was completely correct about the apprehension and nervousness of handing it to Larzuk, it would have been so much less cool if it had gotten 1 or 2 sockets and spoiled its 'three'ness (and yes, getting 3 sockets is a 1.07 oddity)

I also really, really liked that it was a wolf head, rather than a chicken or goat head...especially since Windy's don't shift.

It's softcore, but I wasn't planning on trading it, sorry...

It seems that it's just the time for me to get really nice pelts, I got a really great Werebear pelt today off a rack in LK:
Code:
Sun Spirit
Defense: 145
Durability: 14 of 20
(Druid Only)
Required Strength: 95
Required Level: 50
Item Version: Expansion
Item Level: 87
Fingerprint: 0x5b8df3d6
+3 to Maul (Druid Only)
+3 to Shock Wave (Druid Only)
+3 to Fire Claws (Druid Only)
Socketed (3: 0 used)

WoRG

Maybe nihl temple level is high enough to force blue on at least some low qlvl class specific items, even at 0 mf?

Don't really see the use in this since pelts and claws can be shopped, necroshields have too good uniques, pala shields are weaker than later patches... maybe for some kickass blue javelins but then there are crafts... barb helm perhaps?

@WoRG It is one of the most amazing items I have ever seen. Congrats! I haven't been playing D2 much, when I looked back and remembered I asked what 35,000 meant and couldn't figure it out, I sure felt stupid lol.

Well this is awkward: The AB wiki page for shields lists the base blocking the shield gives without including the class-specific blocking bonus while on the page for Paladin shields it lists the blocking of the shield after the class-specific bonus has been applied. (which is 30% for the Paladin)
The page on Paladin shields does not mention this at all and up until today I was under the impression that a Sacred Targe equipped by a Paladin had a 90% base chance to block, when in reality it is only 60%. :D

So, I've been wondering for a while. How do you get the health and mana numbers to show above their globes? I've seen it on a bunch of screenshots but never found anything that sounded right in any options.

Such a key piece of knowledge. I hate it when the numbers aren't displayed for some reason, and I was annoyed I didn't know that for so long when I figured it out. But that was a loss less time than @jjscud I suppose :p

We should have some sort of faq for these little things. Shift click pots to belt, ctrl click to sell to merchant, shift potion for merc, alt while tele'ing, click bottom of globes, sell your nearly empty tomes to charsi and buy them back if you're too lazy to walk to drognan. That's all I can think of atm.

@maxicek wow thank you for this. I haven noticed it has varied over my D2 career and I have never looked into it or bothered to learn why some of the time I played, it wasn't there lol. It has had the numbers for at least the last several years I have been playing and for the majority of my time playing D2, but I never knew why it would go away sometimes. Now I know it was because I probably accidently clicked my globe while playing lol.

There is a TL;DR version throught this and the main question I want to ask is up here for people who don't care about the rest of my story, what level should my CI be for farming Hell Mephisto? I only have +2 to cold skills with my current MF setup lol. So I have a 2488 damage Blizzard and a level 19 Cold Mastery for 110%. I realize Hell Mephisto has a very high cold resist and I am pretty certain that adding the 3 more points into CM, is far more effective and worth it, than adding into the 5% synergy of Ice Bolt, that is 10 away from being maxed. I am only level 83 and have no skill quests remaining. Is there a reason I should be putting these points into the synergy? Or should I max off my Cold Mastery with this point and my next two, considering my gear is so underwhelming, and just figure I will be able to respect it later on and go less than max if it calls for it? I know there is a calculator and I have used it before, but isn't there a simpler answer that the knowledgeable ones have deemed as the correct answer already?

I've asked this before, probably a lot, despite making like 50 Blizzard Sorcs since 1.10 came to be and the D2 and Sorc world was flipped around, but what level Cold Master is ideal for farming Hell Mephisto? I have an untwinked HC Blizzard Sorc with garbage gear, but enough to get me 71FR/75CR & LR/25PR, a little bit over 1,000 HP, 303% MF with a weapon swap to an Alibaba and Rhyme Shield (195 with Spirit Long Sword and 3x P Diamond Gothic Shield). My armor is a 4 socketed Gothic Plate with Thul, Thul, Ort, Ral… heh.. and a 3x PTopaz Crown....

So as you can see, not much +skills going on here and Hell Mephisto seems like a logical MF target for quite a long time here. I don't see much point in doing things like AT(I was before I got through A3) where you are hunting for those hard to find items that only drop in a few places. I need someone who can pump out basic Sorc improvements like Vipermagi, Shako, 4OS Monarch(not meph IK), Wtravs, Maras/Tals/Rare Sorc Amulet, UM Rune... you get the idea.. bad luck on items.. ironically Ber off my first ever LK run on her, no lie, only 3 chest map, did for Hell of it when I got there, and an Ist, Gul(HF), Um dropped on my way to where I am at now progress wise, River of Flame WP, but doing Hell Meph. So gearwise, one of the most awful runs I have ever had, runewise, simply amazing.

But I used Um on Durres on Mercenary, because I was having bad luck finding him gear too. I was not willing to give up Meditation, so I was using an Insight Halberd for awhile and now finally a Bec-De-Corbin(non eth), but that is still of course way too weak for Hell and I always build my Blizzers around a Might Merc that can take down CI's for me after I static them/help with telekinesis... so I used the Um prior to thinking I'd have a Ber for months and months, because he really needed that extra damage boost... so if I find an Um and I will make a CoH and that will help tremendously in the +skills/resists/DR% department!

Where should I be placing current skills? I only have +2 to Skills with my MF setup and it doesn't get really any better with her normal setup. look to the very beginning for the whole question. I did the rest incase anyone cared about what I have going on with her ATM..she my second HC character in the SP days(this is my second run, first one I hard drive crash lost it all) and hadn't done it since my B.net days probably 5 or so years ago. My other is a Fissure Druid currently, I kind of stopped playing him around level 45 and the end of normal/beginning of nightmare area and went for the Sorceress because I always like starting with a Blizzy and this HC feels like restart, since I have some pretty nice SC characters I've amassed the last few years.

What do people do with their excess gems (non-flawless/perfect) from questing? I looked over the cube recipes and didn't find anything to do with flawed gems except for the armor recharge+repair recipe which is not relevant for me. The only thing left would be the 3 chipped/normal reroll recipe for weapons.

I can't conceive of a single physical damage weapon that would be worth rolling. Most of them need good IAS rolls to be worthwhile and then need tons of ED/MaxDam to be actually good. On top of that the 1.07 versions would be better for the potential 4os they could get.

Caster weapons all have poor chances of rolling good because you are only interested in 10% fcr suffix but can't eliminate any of the really bad suffixes due to the high ilvl... Maybe do it anyway for some +3BH, 10fcr, +1Combat War Scepter? :D

@art_vandelay I just keep them in case I decide to cube up mid runes. I've done that at least twice on this restart (and with at least two of my untwinked 99ers), and it can actually add up to Ist-Vex. But the gems can be the limiting factor, at least that was my experience.

@art_vandelay I keep 10 of each quality of each type of gem in a "reserve gems" stash, just in case I need to cube something later, or make some twinking items. The rest I either don't pick up, or sell, unless I'm working on an untwinked character in which case I'll save every gem I come across while questing, and only then stop picking up anything less than flawless.

Just stopped in to share a little story. I was questing an untwinked HC fanazealot through normal as a break from my Overburdened Tournament barb, and my weapon of choice was a 'Steel' Flail. A council member dropped a Sol, the earliest I've ever seen a rune that high drop, and then the pgem from my forge was an emerald. Finally, somewhere in the Bloody Foothills, a Bloodrise dropped. I obviously already had a Ral, so this was just such a convenient series of drops to give me a nice upped weapon to power through the rest of Normal with - certainly far better than that flail, which I was still using at the time. It's no Trinity Pelt, but it was still pretty satisfying to see things fall into place like that.

What's good in the hood? Got new job and been away for awhile. Only have done maybe 20 or 30 Hell Mephisto runs on my very fragile, lvl 83 HC Blizzer..(she wears a 4OS Gothic Plate with Thul, Ort, Ral, Thul and a 3P Diamond Gothic Shield LOL :confused:) and found absolutely nothing of value or use.

Any cool stuff happen over the last few months lol? I also want to say hi to everyone! A lot of people may not know me, some of the more recent players may remember me, likely as the annoying guy who asks a lot of questions and likes to know every little detail about every thing lmao. I hope the active players during my short hiatus, have found some nice items! I think I am either going to continue Mephisto unless I can't find crap and can't take it, then I will either switch to AT and other spots, or I think I may make an untwinked Druid, Necromancer or Assassin. The lure of making new, untwinked characters, where little items along the way that hold know communal, but mean a lot for your character at the moment, is so fun for me.

Edit: Actually I did find an Ethereal Suicide Branch! Although it isn't necessarily the greatest thing, with Spirit, Wiz Spike, HotO, Occy and Eschuta's being relatively easy to come by and Death's Fathom being out there. But I love the bonus points of it being Ethereal and since I am playing off of the 37 FCR BP on my Sorc (I am at 43, 20 short of next 63 BP), by necessity to keep her resists and life as high as I can, this item could put me over the 63 PB when I do things outside of playing on my two teleport Durance LvL 2 Map, with a clear lane down the left side on LvL 3, so FCR means basically nothing here.

But when I surely go back to Ancient Tunnels again, switching from my 33% Spirit Long Sword to the Ethereal Suicide Branch, probably will be the best option. Also when questing forward eventually in Act 5. I feel Blizzard is the must option for playing through untwinked, but the pain of not being able to Shenk, Eldritch immediately into Act 5, is a tough pill to swallow. Tons of experience and potential items you essentially have to pass on. Especially since my merc has only been able to go up to a NON-ETH Bec-de-Corbin for Insight (I feel Insight is a must have playing through untwinked), I had to waste an Um on a Dusk Shroud Duress to help his killing speed :(. So he can't help a whole lot yet, until I find a formidable Insight Base. I could respect and fight them with Fire or Hybrid, but I don't think I can afford to waste the Akara quests to go back and forth and I hate the weakness of a Hybrid and not a pure Blizzer, who can own as soon as her Might Merc is formidable. So I guess I'll have to push onto saving Akara and doing Pindleskin runs, as hard as it is to do.

I know a lot of people swear by the hybrid, Orb/Meteor or similar styles playing through the game, to counter immunes, but I have always played pure Blizz+strong Might Merc and found it to be faarrrrr stronger, plus with the option of moating Mephisto. I just find Blizzard much more powerful than Orb or Meteor, by quite a bit. Normally I don't have such sad luck finding items (outside of the insane rune luck I've had) and I never get tripped up along the way with a pure, untwinked Blizzer. Having this happen on Hardcore, which I rarely play, makes it even more frustrating. I have to play super safe P1 Meph runs and accept that I will have to sloowllllyyy build her gear up. Have done AT runs, at various levels, but I feel that is more for finding high level items that you can't get doing things like Mephy or Andy, and at slower rates. I need these Hell Mephisto Runs to get the basics at faster rates, like Shako, Vipermagi or another Um, Wiz Spike/Occy, Skullder's, War Travs, Arachnid's Mesh, Mara's or Tal's Amulet, you get the idea :p.

But I mainly came to check in on what I've been missing out on, on here. Like any super crazy finds or altercations or anything a die harder would want to know. The last crazy thing I saw before leaving, was the +6 Tornado/Hurricane/Cyclone Pelt that someone found and, as I am sure we all instinctively had the same thoughts, I thought it was completely fake. But as it went on, the person it was and vouchers and all that stuff, it appeared to be a real item, one of the absolutely craziest I had ever seen. I think it even had ~30 life and 3 sockets on it from 1.07 Larzuk. It might actually be the best thing I have ever seen on D2. Did that end up being vouched and confirmed as 100% legit by the powers that be and did the guy keep it and use it, trade it or what? It was so amazingly, absurdly awesome. The odds of all of those skills falling in line, were like one in millions I would have to guess, then adding in the 3 sockets, all odds considered from kill of monster to final product, had to be like one in millions or billions.

Anything cool like that happen since then?

Last edited:
@jonnyphive
Bloodrise is indeed a great weapon to upgrade to nightmare. Weird that it's blue though, with that name. Unless it is meant for spilling royal blood.

How early in the game can you buy myrmidon greaves and how early can you gamble them?

@Maltatai According to the Shopping Calculator you can shop Myrmidon Greaves from level 22 onwards. But a character needs to be in Hell for the upgrade to be possible so that you need to be level 40 at least in order to be able to buy those (unless you glitch rush past the Ancients that is...)

If I recall correctly to gamble Myrmidon Greaves you need to be level 81 and up to level 90 your chance to get them whenever you gamble a pair of Greaves goes up with every level until level 90 (10% at level 81, 20% at level 82, ..., 100% at level 90)

(My recollection is this: With gambling the game will compare clvl+5 with the qlvl of the normal version of an item to see whether it can spawn and with gambling it compares clvl-5+rand(9) with the qlvl of the item and if it's not high enough for the qlvl of an upgrade you simply don't have a chance at it. So for Myrmidon Greaves it compares clvl+5 with the qlvl of Greaves for shopping and clvl-5+rand(9) with the qlvl of Myrmidon Greaves for gambling)

Well, right now im finishing my elemental druid, i just need the last few things. I went for a shako, hoto, spirit, enigma, sojs, maras, magefists and silkweave. Its a pretty safe build. I can easily solo chaos sanctuary and world stone keep, without using call to arms.

Last edited:
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High