Any advice on a good/fun item independant build?

Kartongen

Aug 1, 2008
Any advice on a good/fun item independant build?

Since the ladder reset is drawing near, I just though I should ask you about your favourite, low item dependant build.

The ones I have tried before are the Fishymancer and the Fishyzon, both really good and funny builds. Right now I'm leaning towards making a new fishyzon to get the funds for my other two characters: a spearazon and a Medusa. (What can I say, I'm a sucker for the blonds. :whistling:)

But before I make my final decision, I thought I'd start a discussion here to see if anyone else has a favourite? The only keys are low item dependence and fun to play.
So what will you play? And what would you recommend?

Regards
*Kartongen

Re: Any advice on a good/fun item independant build?

No suggestions at all?
Noone have a favorite build to start a ladder season with?

LF / PJ amazon can easily complete the game, as can a LS / DS / FB assasin. The trap assasin is my current favorite to play, and is nice with little equipment as the best weapons can be shopped for. For example, my level 95 Single Player trapper uses these, purchased from Anya:

Weezy's Cunning Scissors Quhab
One-Hand Damage: 19 to 40
Durability: 68 of 68
(Assassin Only)
Required Dexterity: 82
Required Strength: 82
Required Level: 45
Claw Class - Normal Attack Speed
Item Version: 1.10+ Expansion
Item Level: 98
Fingerprint: 0x9bbd4e41
+3 to Lightning Sentry (Assassin Only)
+3 to Trap Skills (Assassin Only)

She's very safe, with Cloak of Shadows and Mindblast. Burning Souls are the bane of many a character's existence, but the 'sin just throws down a Cloak so they can't see her, lobs a few Fireblasts to create the first corpse or two, then a Death Sentry to clear the area. My best Baal runner.

Those two also seems like nice choices. The PL amazon sounds nice as I will be using only one tree that way... :scratchchin:

The trapper sounds very interesting too. Always thought LI monsters would be a problem, but your method sounds good. Do LI slow her down alot, or do she kill them quite fast?

Fire Blast is very effective against LI's, and has an area of effect property as well. Against Black Souls in Hell Worldstone Keep, I find one or two will get the kill at /players1. I've experimented with a meteorb, pure blizzard, and hammerdin in running Baal, and I find the trapsin to be the most effective and safest overall build. It might be due to my playstyle, so your results may vary, but I really think it's worth testing out at least.

I'm in love with mouseman's explosionmancer :)

I guardianed one my self. Write-up can be found here. I did it mostly untwinked and it should be quite easy to get gear better than mine. He was also quite sharp when it came to MFing - my favourites were pindle/shenk/eldritch. That was until I got him killed by not paying attention :p

i second all of the builds suggested so far. to them i'll add another i recomend to people as a fun build, the FireHunterMentalist (name's even fun to say). it combines the fire tree, the summon tree, and a bow. you're always doing something with this build.

Ohh, these all look very interesting. I'm sure I will make each of them at some point. =D

As for the explosionmancer... omg! A max corpse explosion is so nice (read: op). Love to see a build focused on this lovely skill.

Thanks to all of you for your input. I will now have some serious thinking to do. :scratchchin:

i second all of the builds suggested so far. to them i'll add another i recomend to people as a fun build, the FireHunterMentalist (name's even fun to say). it combines the fire tree, the summon tree, and a bow. you're always doing something with this build.

This looks interesting. I think I'll try it next ladder:thumbup:

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High