Accidentally deleted my HoZ HC 1.14d

Russell.s

Dec 3, 2016
I killed Baal today and he dropped a normal Herald of Zakarum, my very first! I saved and exited, then immediately opened GoMule and put the shield on my Paladin. I opened D2 and started the Paladin, only to realise that he was wielding a two handed weapon and the HoZ was completely gone! I assume the game has deleted it because I was trying to wield a two handed weapon and shield at the same time? I honestly hadn't realised he was holding a 2 hander.

Is there anything I can do to get it back? I've looked through the GoMule backup folders, but they all seem to contain empty stashes (no items when I load them up).

I'd be willing to trade for a new one, if that's what it takes, but have no idea what the value of an ordinary HOZ is. I can't even remember the stats.

Thank you for your help :)

Search for it with the "All" stash at the bottom of the left pane in GoMule.
Pretty sure GoMule doesn't allow you to put on a 2h weapon with a shield, but I would need to check.

Search for it with the "All" stash at the bottom of the left pane in GoMule.
Pretty sure GoMule doesn't allow you to put on a 2h weapon with a shield, but I would need to check.
Weapon first, then shield. It worked.
1712770653982.png
Shield first, then weapon... same result.

I saved gomule, closed char in there. Opened char in game, weapon gone.

Opened Gomule again, searched for the weapon in "all". It is not there. Gone forever.

Good to know bug. Perhaps contact silospen?

I saved gomule, closed char in there. Opened char in game, weapon gone.

Opened Gomule again, searched for the weapon in "all". It is not there. Gone forever.

Good to know bug. Perhaps contact silospen?
I'm glad the bug could be reproduced. I'll try to find silospen and let them know.

I've posted in trade for a HoZ to replace this one. How annoying! But these things happen.

Reactions: drmalawi
Did you check the GoMule Character backups located in "your save folder\GoMule.backup"?

m4ke

Zip up your entire save folder first.
Find the GoMule backup and remove all the extensions, e.g.:
Savine.2024.04.14-23.07.07.d2s.org --> Savine.d2s

Put the file in a different save location and try to open it.

Shame this is HC - If it was SC I would send you one for the price of your e-mail address...

... and welcome back @drmalawi :)

Zip up your entire save folder first.
Find the GoMule backup and remove all the extensions, e.g.:
Savine.2024.04.14-23.07.07.d2s.org --> Savine.d2s

Put the file in a different save location and try to open it.

Shame this is HC - If it was SC I would send you one for the price of your e-mail address...

... and welcome back @drmalawi :)
Thanks Maxicek, I'll give that a go.

And thank you for the offer of a SC HoZ! Very kind of you. :)

There's a bittersweet ending to this tale! I managed to get the HoZ back following Maxicek's instructions! But unfortunately l killed my paladin, losing a Grief in the process haha.
Luckily the HoZ was not lost.

Thanks everyone for the help :)

• Wow
Condolences. The Paladin was tested and not found worthy :(

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High