Aargh! Advice?

Noodle

Jul 18, 2003
Aargh! Advice?

I pushed my Trapsin, Weezy, (created the day the actress who played Weezy Jefferson died) through Hell Act IV, taking out Big Red surprisingly easy. Two fat purples to the merc, none to me, one recasting of the shadow. Two casts of lower resist from my wand on switch, and a whole lotta lightening and fire blasts.

The problem is, Tyrael creates the red portal, and everytime I try to go through it the game freezes up. I end up with a popup eror message saying something about an exception error - access violation, and the game shuts down. I can't take the waypoint to Harrogath, since I've never been there. Any advice? Do I need to reinstall from scratch? Are my hopes of creating Matriarch Weezy in vain? Will Boston take a single game from the Yankees? Is Dm the saddest guitar chord ever?

- Noodle

Actually I don't know the sollution for this issue, but could it be something with the video that tries to play when you go through the portal?

EDIT: you could also try to restart your computer if you haven't, that sometimes works. And else, you could do a re-install, and put the saved files from your chars back in the save-directory. Maybe then the issue is solved...

Good luck with it! I hope you can work it out.

Noodle said:
I pushed my Trapsin, Weezy, (created the day the actress who played Weezy Jefferson died) through Hell Act IV, taking out Big Red surprisingly easy. Two fat purples to the merc, none to me, one recasting of the shadow. Two casts of lower resist from my wand on switch, and a whole lotta lightening and fire blasts.

The problem is, Tyrael creates the red portal, and everytime I try to go through it the game freezes up. I end up with a popup eror message saying something about an exception error - access violation, and the game shuts down. I can't take the waypoint to Harrogath, since I've never been there. Any advice? Do I need to reinstall from scratch? Are my hopes of creating Matriarch Weezy in vain? Will Boston take a single game from the Yankees? Is Dm the saddest guitar chord ever?

- Noodle
If you're running the game with the -ns command, it'll crash when you try to change acts.

Noodle said:
The problem is, Tyrael creates the red portal, and everytime I try to go through it the game freezes up. I end up with a popup eror message saying something about an exception error - access violation, and the game shuts down. I can't take the waypoint to Harrogath, since I've never been there. Any advice? Do I need to reinstall from scratch? Are my hopes of creating Matriarch Weezy in vain?
Dunno..?

Will Boston take a single game from the Yankees?
Yes, Boston will win tonight!

Is Dm the saddest guitar chord ever?
Yes it is.

-Hadrian

Have you tried running the game in a window? It doesn't attempt playing cinematics when it is, so it could solve your problem (assuming its the cinematic that is crashing it).

And just in case you don't know how, put -w at the end of the target so you'll end up with something like [highlight]"C:\Program Files\Diablo II\Diablo II.exe" -w[/highlight].

Thank you all for the help - it turned out to be a bum sound card. I ran out and picked up a new Sound Blaster, and Weezy was able to whack Shenk and release the Barbarians. Man, Act V is a good sight more difficult than Act IV, which was a relative breeze! Maybe I'll do Pit runs for another level or two.

The Sound Blaster came with a complimentary copy of Splinter Cell, which may be a fun change. Hmm. Has anyone played it?

Hope everyone is having a great weekend.

- Noodle

I have played through it once and it's rather fun to play but I couldn't muster myself to pick the game up again and play through it one more time, not like this game.

DX

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High