A Breath of Fresh Air ... A New Item Find Thread

I've found another Lo rune and I'm usually not spending much on merc gear, but I remembered that I have a 898 defense ethereal sacred armor and as it's the 3rd Lo on my Gomule stashes, I decided to make an awesome Fortitude out of it:

1696971311268.png

I also remembered that I have an eth Reaper's Toll, so I put it to good use as well (just with a Shael rune so far):

1696971436306.png

I currently think it's working best on the merc of my fohdin, although my physical bowazon needs a merc the most.

Mang Song, 2x Executioner's Justice, IKSC, Mav head, Gargoyle's Bite from TZ andy just now. None kept except Mang Song.

I did however keep Gull, perfect 50%MF Tarnhelm, 198% eth Duriel's Shell and around a 100 flawless gems. Fairly low on jewelry drops this time - no facets, no kept amulets but I did keep a 20dex high AR raven just in case I need a bunch later.

Mang's +5 to all skills with no str reqs is very useful for prebuffing. My physical bowazon has if for valks, the other one I have... no idea yet.

I'm using all flawless gems for rerolling GCs, although I'm asking myself if that's really the best way to put them to good use. Maybe not picking them up at all is more efficient? It would be a bit hard to abandon my 20 year old habits, however...

@krischan i think the return from picking flawless and cubing/crafting with them in bulk is definitely worth it if you want skillers. Amethysts for caster crafts of course.

Reactions: BBS_Agonistes
Yeah, that's what I wanted to hear, so I will keep on picking them up!

Add in a habit of picking rals/sols/jewels and get more "lottery tickets" for those juicy crafted rings and amulets.

The same here. I don't care about any crafting recipes but blood rings and caster amulets.

I'm using all flawless gems for rerolling GCs, although I'm asking myself if that's really the best way to put them to good use. Maybe not picking them up at all is more efficient? It would be a bit hard to abandon my 20 year old habits, however...
@d2lover mentioned this some months ago. I don't know if they stuck with that conclusion.

Only recently, I've stopped picking up low runes, like el, tir. I still grab every flawless gem.

I used to pick up Dol runes in order to have more Hel runes, for Spirit rerolls, but I have 35% ones on all characters who need it and enough Spirit reroll rune sets, so I'm not picking up any runes just for upgrading them. Also, getting a perfect amethyst is as likely as getting a Ral rune, so I'm usually not in need of Ral when having the other items for crafting a caster amulet.

Reactions: snickersnack
I have mostly been questing a Double Throw Barb this week, but I got some time in with Terrorized Andy just now. She was pretty generous with amulets today.

First, I fired up the game in NM by accident, so that caused my map in Hell to reset. I didn't have a great map, but I was at least used to it. Turns out the new map is a lot better! Just a couple of teleports to get from the Waypoint to Level 4.
IMG_0797.jpegIMG_0796.jpeg

I got my first Metalgrid--the final unique amulet that had eluded me all this time in D2R--and then a second Metalgrid like two runs later. Go figure.
IMG_0795.jpegIMG_0794.jpeg

She also hooked me up with a +28 all res. Mara's, and a Seraph's Hymn. Nice.

Can you even get a better map for Andariel than that?

Anyways, I got almost the full hour in today, here's haul pic:

Screenshot141.png
IKSC and the first green Corona didn't make it to the haul, because they dropped before that grailer you can probably guess.
Winged Harpoon and Blade Barrier was ethereal. The gems represent gem shrines encountered.

Can you even get a better map for Andariel than that?

Anyways, I got almost the full hour in today, here's haul pic:

View attachment 88138
IKSC and the first green Corona didn't make it to the haul, because they dropped before that grailer you can probably guess.
Winged Harpoon and Blade Barrier was ethereal. The gems represent gem shrines encountered.
I love that you just casually have that in a drop pic .. Well done! and also two other TC87 golds, TC87 green, TC3. Crushing it!

*3 other TC87 golds. Winged Harpoon, War Pike and Caduceus.

Reactions: Timinator
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High