A Breath of Fresh Air ... A New Item Find Thread

I scored a +3 Nova Ormus' Robes (+14% Lightning Damage) this morning from Terrorized Andy. Nifty little addition to my Nova Sorc's toolkit! Also another Tal's Amulet. I obsessed over this dumb amulet for months before I got my first. Now I have like 4 of them and it's just another ho-hum drop :ROFLMAO:

Sweet Death's Fathom m4ke. I'm still waiting for one to drop for me!

Insanely generous Halls of Pain the last few hours:

Damn near perfect in every way:
1694758180340.png
4/4 Shapeshifting
119/120 Bonus to AR
9/10 LL
2/2 Feral Rage
132/140% ED

The 5th and best one I've ever found:
1694758240156.png

Game keeps throwing these at me, must mean something:
1694758285945.png

What's that hiding in that tomb??
1694758136288.png
And from the man himself:
1694758120387.png1694758104519.png

Tyreal, Stormlash, Cow boots, unique wand and cap still missing. Everything else accounted for.

EDIT: And The Redeemer, for some reason.

Last edited:
Crazy how TZ Andy makes people end up with such common items for last grailer/a. o_O Personally been at -1 (Tyrael) for 5 years now. :mad: I suspect TZ Andy will also deliver on that front at some point rather soon than late, but in my book that’s a separate grail tbh.

Yeah, my restart pre-D2R had the four least common items missing, and everything else covered. I also had 2 characters lvl 97 or higher (99). I feel like I could get a 99 sept before the year is out in D2R.Screenshot122.png
Oh, and first really good result from cube in D2R.

I agree with @ffs (to make myself feel better about being on grail -1 for almost as long as he has been :LOL:)
11 years searching for tyraels and only tyraels. Found the entire grail a 2nd time and all runes 2x before it dropped one fateful day. Now February 15th is a personal holiday.

Suffice to say im in the same boat about tz grails.

Reactions: Jpy and PhineasB
Weird how terrorized zones should have supposedly created additional avenues of MF for other off zones and the like, but everything nowdays feels like is just Andariel/Mephisto. Which is understandable from the efficiency pov, but damn, it feels like the amount of rare TC87 items in last few pages here could be the haul of the entire MFO from all competitors combined back in 2010. Feels like we went backwards tbh.

Reactions: ziambe and Helvete
Part of me feels also quite sad about it because I grew up with the grinding but as I am getting older and older I am quite happy that I have to invest less time to acquire something. One hour of TZ Andariels is guaranteed to drop you at least something and I can't lie, it feels good.

With the drop odds D2 has I am pretty sure it was mostly meant to be played online where hundreds of players play so it's a lot more common to find rare stuff and trade with each other. From Single Player perspective, farming for 20 hours and not finding anything is literally too much to handle.

I've done only a few runs but I think Memphisto is not something to worry about. He used to drop some good basic items and now there's a chance to drop every item but the chances are not that great. He is completely outclassed by Andariel in that part.

Feels like we went backwards tbh.
You just discovered the most insane easter egg, boosted your chances to acquire every single item and forward it to any patch, come on. :p

Mephisto is honestly a shrimp compared to Andariel the Leviathan. I think it’s great in all honesty, though. A cutoff like Pindle could be an interesting balance but it’s honestly the same for something like untwinked level 99 play throughs too. I still feel like there’s so much to do that I could play SP forever regardless.

You just discovered the most insane easter egg, boosted your chances to acquire every single item and forward it to any patch, come on. :p
YES, PRECISELY.

So, when this was figured out I did think we should just leave sleeping souls lie, ultimately decided against it, but let me tell you it's doesn't exactly feel *right*. For example, I'm pretty sure I have more 1.08 Highlords Wraths than everyone else in history of these forums combined. Do you think this feels good? Special? Nah it feels like just another day at the work.
Back when this wasn't known and jimsfriend gave me his 1.08 HLW, the "real" one so to speak, it was meaningful. And with that, small part of history is lost.

All of these drops do help with keeping motivation somewhat but they are meaningless long term. Considering how dead 1.07 shops are I might just give away all these items if there's any interest in them (unlikely). Only real reason why I think this was needed is 1.08 Stormspire. There's good reason why this item wasn't ever found legitimately (if there was, I haven't been able to verify it). Odds are just ridiculous without souls trick (you would get multiple legacy Zod runes in a patch that has worst rune drops in any patch since runes were introduced), and even with trick it's still in the realms of getting 1.10 lvl99 character time wise. If you did the math, depending on how you went about it it would take you 12+ years of constant playing without breaks/sleeping to have 80% chance of dropping Stormspire. So yeah, it's only for that one item and everything else is completely meaningless. You think I will care about triple digit amount of 1.08 Shakos by the time I'm done with this project (assuming I will ever complete it)?

It does feel somewhat wrong and I do think nice finds will become less meaningful in long term especially when terrorized zones are brought into the equation. Take it from someone that had real terrorized experience in 1.08. I'm not saying it's all bad, we're growing old and all, and there's always option to deep dive into one of older patches for everyone, but let's not pretend that D2R and D2 are same game.

I've done only a few runs but I think Memphisto is not something to worry about. He used to drop some good basic items and now there's a chance to drop every item but the chances are not that great. He is completely outclassed by Andariel in that part.

I calculated the drop odds from TZ Meph (and confirmed it with my drops on page 8). TZ Meph is about 30% worse than TZ Andy. example, while you get 105x TC87 items from TZ Andy, you will get 75x TC87 item form TZ Meph.
Or in precise numbers: at 500mf P5, chance for Griffons is 1:989 Andy and 1:1347 meph
With the right map on SP, you could run Meph faster than Andy so the difference becomes even less. Meph is second best place to Grail

@Pavke better than I thought from my small sample size of experience running him and large speculation 🤣

Reactions: Pavke
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High