A Breath of Fresh Air ... A New Item Find Thread

On the third run after my untwinked 99er Sorc eclipsed 98.4, we had a welcome surprise:
Nihl (Griffons).jpg
Having gone CM lightning build for level 98, I had saved Hell socket and personalization reward in case this happened. And quite a nice roll on the -eLR / +Lightning damage:
Griffons Socket Personalize.jpg
Always nice to get the perfect drop for untwinked characters (y)

@thefranklin I have both and Phoenix over Faith is not crazy. Faith is great, but if you put it in an Amazon bow you restrict yourself to Amazons or if you play D2R you can include Rogues. A Phoenix shield can be used by any class. I don't play many Amazons so the choice over which is better is easy for me.

Think about which builds you are considering would use each (either as your main weapon or on the Merc) and then make the decision that is best for you.

Reactions: snickersnack
This was an interesting drop on an untwinked character in Act 2 Nightmare. Seems like a superchest rune drop, but for Nightmare.

Screenshot004.png

Reactions: saracen85
Ghosts like to carry runes though...but regardless of the odds, it looks like your barb refuses to carry it :D

Ghosts like to carry runes though...but regardless of the odds, it looks like your barb refuses to carry it :D
yup. I clicked on it a lot :ROFLMAO: ...I had to open the inventory and drop something random to make room.

Almost 2 months of 4 ritual cows...

Hundreds of hours...

Leveling a group of 8 toons to just a hair short of 96!

I didn't think I'd ever see it in the end, but:

1708030514516.png

1.07 grail just might become a happy, little accident!

Other notables:
1708030630468.png

1708030588689.png

1708030613356.png

Some finds:

Steel Grand Charm of Sustenance
Grand Charm
Required Level: 37
Fingerprint: 0xb85c54cd
Item Level: 85
Version: Resurrected
+113 to Attack Rating
+26 to Life

Havoc Blazer
Chain Boots
Defense: 11
Durability: 10 of 16
Required Level: 29
Required Strength: 30
Fingerprint: 0xf02fd000
+30% Faster Run/Walk
+18% Enhanced Defense
Cold Resist +34%
Poison Resist +40%
8% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items

Carrion Clutches
Sharkskin Gloves
Defense: 69
Durability: 9 of 14
Required Level: 42
Required Strength: 20
Fingerprint: 0xaab5c25
+2 to Bow and Crossbow Skills (Amazon Only)
+10% Increased Attack Speed
+74% Enhanced Defense
Poison Resist +5%
Poison Length Reduced by 25%
Level 3 Inner Sight (8/27 Charges)

Reactions: saracen85 and Miron
Almost 2 months of 4 ritual cows...

Hundreds of hours...

Leveling a group of 8 toons to just a hair short of 96!

I didn't think I'd ever see it in the end, but:

1.07 grail just might become a happy, little accident!

Other notables:
Are there any particular items you're hoping will drop with the rituals, or just to complete the grail? Surely after a few dozen runs you would have multiples of all the interesting uniques they could drop. Perhaps you're trying to get an ethereal weapon grail for forwarding (just to see the bonus damage)?

Otherwise I would guess you're looking for rings and amulets.

Are there any particular items you're hoping will drop with the rituals, or just to complete the grail?
I did it all for that gothic staff! And because one of my goals this year is to level a new group up to 99, so it was a nice 'side quest'. I definitely found lots of nice eth vamp gazes, shaftstops, skullder's along the way. Even the eth grail was starting to look realistic. Might go after that one day...

Found this while questing my nova sorc in normal Q5, seems neat especially for where it dropped?

EDIT: found that Jewel with her questing on my way to Andy NM; seems like she will be quite RNG blessed fella!

Attachments

• 1708237593542.png
    1708237593542.png
    1 MB · Views: 17
  • 1708268327749.png
    1708268327749.png
    612.7 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:
My old blizzard sorceress visited AT a few more times.
Hxohm.png
Still hoping in vain for elite uniqes/sets, but I won't complain when a sweet rune like this drops instead.

Ok this is getting weird, a couple days in a row I just got like 3 Ohm runes from random terror zones, and I come on here and people are posting Ohms. Did Blizzard juice Ohms for the long weekend?! :LOL::alien:

Screenshot (132).png
Screenshot (135).png

Only got pics of the first two, but I guess it's time to make one or two more CTAs to try to get a better one than my stupid +2 BO. :p

Edit: YESSSSSS first try!!!
Screenshot (136).png

Last edited:
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High