2022 Spring RFL Sign Up and Running Thread: Round 3 (Areas)

In the final stretch now, only 2 hours to go on my 2nd set... And I'm gonna win this MFO!!!

...wait... this is RFL...
...nevermind...

Qualifiers: Nothing, Nadda, Zilch... not even many crafting runes... :cry: (tho I did have a fun little stretch 4-5 hours ago where 5(!) Lem runes dropped over the course of a couple runs :mad:)

Non-qualifiers: Stellar, astounding, "why the *%$# isn't this the MFO!?!"!!

Started with Tal's Armor:
RFL2022_3b_108TalsArmor.jpg

Immediately after, got another skiller of Vita from the sparkly chest in the Drifter Cavern:
RFL2022_3b_NaturalGCVita.jpg
...all charms from poppables in the 1.08 frozen caves are ilvl95, so they can get any affix that can spawn, though I'm not sure that the highest elemental damage prefixes for SCs can spawn at all in 1.08

Another Wizspike:
RFL2022_3b_108Wizspike.jpg

I've had great luck getting skillers with suffixes this RFL, but they aren't always good suffixes:
RFL2022_3b_FanaticGCBlight.jpg
In the vein of 'be careful what you wish for', when it dropped I said "awww, you could have at least gotten a better suffix..." So of course, within a couple runs, this dropped:
RFL2022_3b_FanaticGCAnthrax.jpg
After this bit of trollery, the Random Number Gremlin eventually coughed up 1.08 Schaefer's!:
RFL2022_3b_108Schaefers.jpg

Things were pretty dry after that for a couple hours, but then Bonesaw dropped a Doombringer:
RFL2022_3b_108Doombringer.jpg

But for me, the best drop, the one that made my heart race, the one that made me stop when I did (I had planned to grind on through to dinging lvl98), was this:
RFL2022_3b_108Windforce.jpg
1.08 WINDFORCE!!! (from a champ pack next to Snipsnap)

Honestly, with this drop, I feel like I won already, even if I don't get a single qualifier (not giving up yet, though, I'm on a roll here and you never know!!!)

IMO, its even better than a modern Windforce (always 8%ML, -10Str, but +30Dex, which adds to damage!)
RFL2022_3b_108WindforceInv.jpg

With nothing remotely close to an NDE since getting Arkaine's, XP has steadily climbed... almost 98 now, will definitely ding well before completing this set...

WoRG

Try smashing your head into 20 more hours to try and get 1.08 Stormspire. I'm really curious how that item looks like.
One small step for WoRG one giant leap for forums \o/

Reactions: Zyr and PhineasB
Considering that he found two nigh identical uber pelts which have 1 in 95,5 billion and 1 in 191 billion chance respectively it should be no problem for him to find a measly Stormspire which you get every 7 million boss kills. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Haha
Reactions: Zyr and PhineasB
One hour to go toningt and I've just about secured the reverse championship. Zero qualifiers, zero skillers, best unique is the eth Frostwind. Since I opened my mouth and said I was going to focus on the Arcane Sanctuary over the last seven hour the highest rune I've found is an Ort! Started running the Pits so I could at least find something. and while I'm finding a few things nothing even approaching good. Well I got three uniques to drop from the Chest in level 2.

1652018841764.png

I can't waith for this abomination to end so I can get back to finding runes!

Reactions: PhineasB
One hour to go toningt and I've just about secured the reverse championship. Zero qualifiers, zero skillers, best unique is the eth Frostwind. Since I opened my mouth and said I was going to focus on the Arcane Sanctuary over the last seven hour the highest rune I've found is an Ort! Started running the Pits so I could at least find something. and while I'm finding a few things nothing even approaching good. Well I got three uniques to drop from the Chest in level 2.

I can't waith for this abomination to end so I can get back to finding runes!
Oh man! I feel sorry for you!
That was actually my best round that I am not even afraid of WoRG's 3 qualifiers in 1.07! :D

Finished my set! First time I've actually gotten a drop on the last run of the set, which was cool. Good luck to everyone finishing up, and please send results when finished. Hoping to post tomorrow before I head into work if all results are in, otherwise I'll post when I get home in the evening.

Reactions: Excalibur
I'm done and stayed consistent through the last hour. So, Zero qualifiers, no skillers and the best finds were an eth Frostwind and this grand charm.

Emerald Grand Charm of Vita
Keep in Inventory to Gain Bonus
Required Level: 69
Item Version: 1.10+ Expansion
Item Level: 79
Fingerprint: 0xea72a180
+37 to Life
Poison Resist +29%

I even ran some LK runs on the side and didn't find anything there either!

So, I had forgotten something important...

something that was vital to a tourney like this...

clocking time, be it by run-counter, stopwatch, egg timer, whatever, makes me want very badly to do much anything besides play D2. Always seems like a good idea, it will be awesome to actually get a real gauge on how runs compare to others... always basically kills any desire I have to actually play. Makes it feel closer to work than recreation at that point, imo.

So I only managed ~6hrs before throwing it and playing Dwarf Fortress, where I found a massive adamantine spire. All in all, I think I won.

No score report, only had a single qualifier, and it was only an Ohm, so I won't complicate scoring by adding all that craziness. XP

GL to the last-minute runnners!

Finished my 2nd set, no qualifiers...

Non-qualifiers more than made up for that, I'm still tickled pink :p

@frozzzen not in any way done with 1.08 frozen caves... Stormspire, and I want Mav's bow, too (saw 4 blue and 2 rare:mad: GMBs while running, so...) ...also, I kinda feel like it owes me a few runes :ROFLMAO:

Results sent from my first set, glad that Artemis had better rune luck than Dervish...

Thanks to @PhineasB for hosting!!

WoRG

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High