2022 Spring RFL Sign Up and Running Thread: Round 3 (Areas)

Hmm, that didn't go too well ...

20 hours of CS has been completed with my would-be-UT99er Lightning Sorceress.

At 10 hours I had three qualifiers. At 20 hours, I still only have three qualifiers :rolleyes: .

They came at:

0 hours and 46 minutes
6 hours and 10 minutes
8 hours and 47 minutes

The best rune drop was the one that came at 46 minutes. So, I guess I just about nailed my prediction in the Round #2 results thread. I suspected that I'd used up all my luck in Round #2 and in the few days in between rounds (where I got a Cham and Ohm out of the CS). And, as it turns out, I had one more decent rune left in my hot streak. Then crickets :p . Oh well. It was fun while it lasted!

I'd like to have a better showing but I've only had (and will only have) one day off from work for the whole of the Round #3 time period. So, given how long it's taken me to get to 20 hours (even with that one day off) I guess I'm calling it quits for Round #3 and my first RFL :D .

Good luck to everyone still running!

I'd post some non-qualifiers from the last 10 hours, but, work calls ... maybe later ...

Edit:

And I'm back. Hmm. Let's see what I can find ... The last 10 hours weren't very good for non-qualifiers either ... I mean there were the usual suspects ... Harlequin Crest, Andariel's Visage, Stormshield, Reaper's Toll ... all useful stuff but lacking pizazz. I guess I'll just go with a couple of TC 78 Grailers (for this character):

From Diablo. (Yes, it's so unimpressive an item that I forgot to take a screenshot when it dropped.)
238.png
Firelizard's Talons
Feral Claws
One Hand Damage: 77 - 187
Durability: 35 of 52
Required Level: 67
Required Strength: 113
Required Dexterity: 113
Fingerprint: 0x6f3006e7
Item Level: 94
Version: Resurrected
+3 to Martial Art Skills (Assassin Only)
+15% Increased Attack Speed
254% Enhanced Damage
Adds 236 - 480 Fire Damage
+2 to Wake of Inferno (Assassin Only)
+2 to Wake of Fire (Assassin Only)
Fire Resist +43%

On the other hand, you can't argue with how the skills rolled :) . I still don't see using it though ...

Now Doombringer, is an item that I do like!
239.png
Doombringer
Champion Sword
One Hand Damage: 110 - 280
Two Hand Damage: 267 - 378
Durability: 37 of 40
Required Level: 69
Required Strength: 163
Required Dexterity: 103
Fingerprint: 0x877f4b67
8% Chance to cast level 3 Weaken on striking
Indestructible
235% Enhanced Damage
Adds 30 - 100 Damage
40% Bonus to Attack Rating
5% Life stolen per hit
Increase Maximum Life 20%

A pretty good damage roll ... and not a bad appearance ... I'll have to make a character to use it!

Oh, and also:
240.png
Fletcher's Grand Charm of Balance
Grand Charm
Required Level: 42
Fingerprint: 0xaad94ecb
+1 to Bow and Crossbow Skills (Amazon Only)
+12% Faster Hit Recovery

That's the best charm I've gotten or rolled off Diablo recently. (This one was a drop.)

Okay. That's it. Happy hunting everyone!

Last edited:
Reactions: Zyr and PhineasB
I'm at just under 8 hours in The Pit with zero qualifiers. No interesting Uniques either. I didn't expect much, but nothing?

At least the XP is climbing.

I did find one more along the way. About 12 hours in now - still running everywhere, so not too efficient I guess

some other non qualifiers!

Screenshot004.png

Screenshot005.png

Screenshot006.png

realized I didn't have yet 👀
Screenshot007.png

and.... a 139 shako!
Screenshot009.png

Reactions: PhineasB and Zyr
Just hit the 10-hour mark, and my Paladin is at 95.1 after starting at 92. I had forgotten how quickly characters can level in CS if they can manage the runs. I abandoned 3-seal runs after the first hour because it took more attention for de Seis than I was wanting to expend for a 20-hour set. He's picked up a full compliment of qualifiers but no more, after he got 4 over the first 4.5 But then a big dry spell until just before hour 9.

He's only picking GCs and interesting uniques and rare circlets, after starting with SCs and rare rings. But it took too much time to put those in the cube, and especially with low odds of a nice one, I figured streamlining was the way to go. He picked up an eth Blackleach Blade, to bring me to -10 for eth exceptional uniques, which was nice. He also got a Martial Arts skiller with high lightning damage, which is a good compliment to my skiller collection, plus this Sanctuary base:
Code:
Sacred Targe
Defense: 151
Chance to Block: 0
Durability: 36 of 45
Required Level: 47
Required Strength: 86
Fingerprint: 0x9c904f44
Item Level: 88
Version: Expansion 1.10+
All Resistances +44 3 Sockets (0 used)
Good luck over the last week+ all! :)

Finished up my 20 hour set in the Arcane Sanctuary with my FoHdin. Ended with 9 total qualifiers. Besides the Gheed's, Seraph's and Viper from the first 10 hours, the next 10 brought some more good non-qualifier drops.

2nd Gheeds (100/13/40)
Shako (138 Def.)
Raven Frost (245AR/17 DEX)
2nd Viper (28@)
Pally Combat Skiller

Ended the 20 hours with 34 Hate Keys as well.

Reactions: Zyr and PhineasB
Completed my set with Artemis (1.07HC RoF & CS)... very, VERY happy with my results!! 3 qualifers, which considering its 1.07 should at least get me some points for the round ;)

But NON-qualifiers were the really exciting thing for me... I've already posted about getting Corpsemourn (a grailer for me in 1.07), but De Seis's pack dropped me a 1.07 Naj's Puzzler!!!! This was by far the hardest remaining grail item on my list!! :cool: (down to Bane Ash and Trang Oul's Guise now, which should be comparatively easy to get, the former from Andy w/unique-forcing MF, the latter by racking...)
107_NajsPuzzler.jpg
Code:
Naj's Puzzler
Elder Staff
Two-Hand Damage: 140 to 170
Durability: 30 of 35
Required Dexterity: 37
Required Strength: 50
Required Level: 78
Staff Class - Fast Attack Speed
Unidentified
Item Version: Expansion
Item Level: 90
Fingerprint: 0x141997b
+35 to Energy
+70 to Mana
+150% Enhanced Damage
Adds 6-45 lightning damage
+1 to All Skill Levels
30% Increased Attack Speed
30% Faster Cast Rate
150% Damage to Undead

Lots of other great non-qualifiers, including 8 skillers with a good suffix!!
Max Vita!!! (ilvl94 charm from the skull pile)
RFL2022_3_ChillingGCVita.jpg
RFL2022_3_FungalGCSus.jpg
RFL2022_3_TrapGCVita.jpg
RFL2022_3_PcombGCMaiming.jpg
RFL2022_3_Skillahs.jpg

Lots of other great charms, too, and while 1.07 jewels are generally blah, I was at least getting enough of them that I ended the round 20 jewels up, despite crafting quite a bit along the way... crafted a great pair of gloves (+3P&M, 20IAS, 15%CB) too! All told, a great 20 hrs!!

As there is still a week to go, and I've been on a roll here, I'm gonna start a second set with my 1.08 Whirlbarb, Dervish, running the Ice caves in Act5... maybe I can pick up a 1.08 Windforce!! (or at least Mav's bow...)

@PhineasB You didn't include score tables for 1.08 for this round... should I just use the ones from round 1 or 2? It is OK to run in 1.08 this round, right?

WoRG

@WoRG congrats on those non qualifiers! The skillers are quite nice. And yes, v1.08 is okay. I think the scores should be same as round 1 table but @art_vandelay will know for sure.

Round 1 + 3 1.08 = Any Round 1.09

Reactions: PhineasB
Only 3 hours in, don't think I'll be able to finish more than half a set until this ends... Work and RL in general struck again.

Perhaps next time we can consider relaxing the schedule a little? It might be just me, workload these last few months and generally less time to play than in the past, but overall it feels a bit tight.

Reactions: PhineasB
I think it's very important to take advantage of the first Saturday/Sunday when the Tournament starts. If you miss it, time will be pushing you hard.

I agree that time seems limited with RL stuff as I had issues myself finishing the sets but for a 3round tournament extending it may be too much. The Tournament is already running for over a Month and I felt at times that I can't do anything else until I finish my set. Perhaps a more limited time will force you play and break free of this commitment sooner.

Yeah, I think it’s worth a discussion about how to approach this tourney in the future. I have some thoughts on ways to adjust without torpedoing concept but also maybe make make accessible to more members to run full rounds.

Just hit the 5 h mark. Runeluck is very poor, but it seems bow-luck is where it is at for me. Apart from the 14ed +3 skill mat bow I now also own a 12% ed 4 oS Blade bow. (And a 15%ed 3skill stagbow, thought I am not sure how useful that will be. Maybe for twinking?)

12 hours in. No qualifiers , Fal being the highest, and about the only decent Item I've found is eth Frostwind. Have been runing some AS and a couple of WSK. However, mostly running from the City of the Damned through killing Diablo at p8. No problem for my Zealot, but slow. Think I will switch full time to Arcane Sanctuary since at least I'm finding runes there.

6 hours into my 2nd set, with my 1.08 whirlbarb Dervish... running Bonesaw, Drifter Cavern, and Icy Cellar, plus assorted boss/champ packs in Glacial Trail & Ancients Way that spawn along the way...

No qualifiers yet...

But I did get a 1.08 Eaglehorn!! (Not obtainable in 1.07!)
RFL2022_3b_108Eaglehorn.jpg

Also got Nosferatu's Coil from Bonesaw...
RFL2022_3b_108NosCoil.jpg

Have gotten some crafting runes (nothing good from it tho...), and some decent charms & jewels, but nothing really noteworthy...

Gonna go ahead and officially lodge my complaint about no qualifiers, though... hoping not to have a repeat of last round where I had no qualifier until right at the very end...

WoRG

Another 4 hours, halfway done...

Still no qualifiers... upping the volume and intensity of my complaining! :mad:

Some nice non-qualifiers, starting with a 1.08 Cranium Basher:
RFL2022_3b_108CraniumBasher.jpg

1.08 Baranar's Star:
RFL2022_3b_108BaranarsStar.jpg

Ethereal Titan's... usually awesome, but the replenish is so slow on 1.07/1.08 Titan's I doubt they're useful :(:
RFL2022_3b_108EthTitans.jpg

Another 1.08 Harly... always welcome:
RFL2022_3b_108Shako.jpg

I have died a couple times while running, once to an Extra Strong chargy undead boss while Amp'd, and once to a FE+CE drifter's death explosion while convicted, but this next drop should put a stop to that... 1.08 Arkaine's, baby!!
RFL2022_3b_108Arkaines.jpg

Like in 1.07, Arkaine's gives massive +Vit, and also like in 1.07, BO works on it!! Dervish hasn't taken any damage here, his life bulb was full before he slapped on the Arkaine's and then BO'd (also like in 1.07, BO only increases MAX life/mana, current life is unchanged, so it makes it look like you've taken a lot of damage...) 6.5K life now! :D
RFL2022_3b_108ArkainesInv.jpg

I also got a couple outstanding jewels, a max roll Ruby jewel of Fervor (not blue, though :cry:), and a very nice 6 affix rare that's like a great swiss army knife of good utility mods:
RFL2022_3b_108RjoF.jpg

RFL2022_3b_108ShadowEye.jpg

As the coming weekend is Mother's Day weekend, I'm not positive I'll have time to finish this set, but I'm gonna try... it'd help if only some runes would start dropping!!

WoRG

Closing in on the end of the round! I'm at 15 hours on my set with the full weekend ahead, but have quite some work this weekend. So I'm not sure I'll get all the way to 20 hours, but should be close.

Please remember to send results as soon as you finish running for the round, or let me know if you didn't run. Thanks to those who've already sent results, and good luck to everyone still running!

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High