20 hours of farming with Wind Druid

J-Dog

Jul 19, 2017
Today I finished 20 hours of farming with my Wind Druid:

View attachment 13400

Like the RunCounter profile says I ran all around the world. Runs: 203 is not right since the run counter was at times randomly counting extra runs even though I didn't save and exit.

Wind Druids aren't the most efficient class for item farming but they can tackle any area of the game which is awesome. I was switching between P1 & P3 and ended up running mostly like this:

P3:
- Pits / Andariel
- AT
- Disused Religuary / Ruined Fane / Travincal / Mephisto
- Eldricht & Shenk / Pindle / Nihlatak

P1:
- Icy Cellar
- Diablo
- Baal

I also threw in some random farming on my way to Nihlatak for example. Poju leveled from 85 to 91 during these runs and ended up with 4k life, 4,2k Tornado damage and 2k Hurricane damage. Here's the gear he used:

HoTo
Spirit
Enigma
Shako
Magefist
Verdungo's
Aldur's
Rare amulet +1Druid, 19 allres, 39life
Ravenfrost
FCR & lightning resist ring
3 elemental skillers /Gheeds / resist & mf charms & life charms
CTA and Spirit on switch

Here's a photo of the posse:
View attachment 13401

Let's see what we found during these 20 hours.

Weapons:
View attachment 13402
Scourge is Horizon's.

Armor:
View attachment 13403
Ormus is +3 Blizzard/14 cold skill dmg, Ravenlore - 17 / 25allres and Crown of Thieves is ethereal.

Jewelry, runes and skillers:
View attachment 13404
Amulets and rings were all crap and I think I ID'd a Manald or two by accident. PComb is 11life.

Grailers for me were Armet, Sky Spirit, Sacred Rondache, Dusk Shroud, Wire Fleece, Scourge and Winged Knife. In addition Poju found a bunch of useful utility small charms which are not included.

If I compare this haul to 1000 AT runs which took around 23 hours if I remember correctly this is obviously way worse but that was to be expected. Efficiency wasn't the top priority but rather enjoy running multiple areas and hoping for a few lucky drops. I'm a little disappointed with the runes drops since I was hoping to find one HR during these 20 hours. Then again I'm pretty happy with scoring 7 grailers. Overall a fun experience.

Scourge is Horizon's.

The real question is: was the Phase Blade an Azurewrath ? ;)

Nice overview. Wind Druid is still on my to do list. I have actually converted one of my Druids to a Windy at some point, to test it out, but didn't really seem to like it. Maybe one day ...

Do you have more plans to do this kind of farming runs with this character, or another?

Edit: btw, about run counter sometimes counting a run even without S&E, doesn't that happen after some more than 5 minutes into a game or something like that? I seem to recall having read about it a few days ago in a thread on the SPF.

Last edited:
It counts character saves which occur automatically at a given time period. That's why it counts runs which you didn't save and exit.

Threadwise I think the drops are way below expected average. Maybe you were just unlucky. I was doing sort of the same thing with my Hammerdin but I remember yielding much better results. Run pattern was sort of like Andariel/Pits/LK/Travincal/Eldrich+Superchest/CS+Diablo. I liked it a lot to be honest. Then again all runs were done at /p7.

The real question is: was the Phase Blade an Azurewrath ? ;)

I actually found two Phase Blades and both ended up being Lightsabres o_O

Do you have more plans to do this kind of farming runs with this character, or another?

I was suppose to do 20 hours of Pit runs with an Amazon but ended up running with the Druid after making an Enigma. I might go back to Amazon or fire up a Barbarian or a Hammerdin. Damn Diablo... still messing with my social life after twenty years... but I kinda like it.

Threadwise I think the drops are way below expected average. Maybe you were just unlucky. I was doing sort of the same thing with my Hammerdin but I remember yielding much better results. Run pattern was sort of like Andariel/Pits/LK/Travincal/Eldrich+Superchest/CS+Diablo. I liked it a lot to be honest. Then again all runs were done at /p7.

I'm not too happy about the haul but like I said this was far from efficient and more enjoying the gameplay of a Druid. Here's 1000 AT runs which took 22 hours in comparison:

https://www.purediablo.com/forums/threads/1000-at-runs.966084/

That was a fast 20 hours! I love these little projects you're doing. Very fun to see the results and a cool way to play. What's the grail % up to after these 40 hours?

That was a fast 20 hours! I love these little projects you're doing. Very fun to see the results and a cool way to play. What's the grail % up to after these 40 hours?

Is there a spreadsheet or does GoMule happen to have a function for counting grail %?

GoMule has a built-in Flavie which is a grail counting thingy. You can see a button bottom left 'Proj Flavie Report'. Click that, go to GoMule folder and you'll find a *projectname*.html file. Open it.

GoMule has a built-in Flavie which is a grail counting thingy. You can see a button bottom left 'Proj Flavie Report'. Click that, go to GoMule folder and you'll find a *projectname*.html file. Open it.

Cool. Thanks a lot!

I'll check it tomorrow Luhkoh.

This Flavie Report feature is awesome. It says:
- All items 75,6%
- All uniques 74,6%
- All sets 78,7%

@J-Dog Awesome thats great progress after 40 hours! Most impressive ofc being the tc87s you found with the sorc. And yeah flavie rocks. It has a couple of weird things though. First the azurewrath that shows under normal weapons is a mistake and ofc doesn't exist, so the total items should be 504. And then it also doesn't count sparking mail (so will show as zero even if you have it), and counts it instead as a lightning skiller (sparking grand charm). I wish I had 3 lightning skillers...

A wind druid was the first ever 99er in 1.10, so they can be good. Keep in mind the difference between one that just has all the skills maxed out, vs great if you have the right FCR and + skills etc then stuff just melts.

The difference between ok, good and great

A wind druid was the first ever 99er in 1.10, so they can be good. Keep in mind the difference between one that just has all the skills maxed out, vs great if you have the right FCR and + skills etc then stuff just melts.

The difference between ok, good and great

There's definitely a lot of room for improvement since Poju could get +9 skills from rings, amu, belt and additional skillers. Throw in a nado/hurricane pelt and that's +12. Then there's the tornado aiming skills... I struggled for the first few hours until I got the hang of it. Stupid ass Fallen running around my posse and making me look like an idiot...

I went for 99fcr bp. Would you recommend 163?

@Luhkoh If you download the latest version of GoMule (in the Community sticky) all these issues are fixed.

Actually the Azurewrath is a relic from 1.09 days. Originally Flavie worked with ATMA before @silospen and @Randall picked up GoMule.

@maxicek Ah I thought I had downloaded gomule from the community sticky when I restarted, but I'm not sure where I must've gotten the one I have. Thanks for the tip! I'll try and get that going this afternoon. After learning how to actually use gomule projects yesterday, I've got a couple of things looking up!

Edit: Haha ah geez and now I see there's a user manual for gomule in the sticky. I thought I'd looked through this stuff but apparently have read none of it :rolleyes::rolleyes: I'll read that today and see what else I've been missing out on with gomules capabilities.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High