1000 AT runs

J-Dog

Jul 19, 2017
So I did 1000 Ancient Tunnels runs with my Blizzard sorceress.

View attachment 12987

The Fastest run time is some accidental Save & Exit. I rerolled my map after maybe 100 runs. The second map looked like this with boss pack spawn locations marked with dots:

View attachment 12988
Red - spawned most of the time
Orange - spawned frequently
Blue - spawned rarely

I'd say in most of the runs the map had 6 or 7 boss packs. AT is situated two teleports away from WP:

View attachment 12989

Here are the most interesting drops:

Set items:

View attachment 12990

Unique armor:

View attachment 12991

Unique weapons:

View attachment 12992

Runes:

View attachment 12993

I left out some of the useful exceptional uniques like WT, Gores, eth Shaftstop. When I started the runs I was using dual spirits, 3 topaz helm and other usual starter gear and ended up with standard blizz sorc gear with Tal's amu missing from the 3 piece.

I think we got a decent haul with Astreon's (+3 skills/277ed/+83dmg), Death Cleaver (245ed), Arkaines (+2 skills), Tal's armor and an OHM rune being the ones causing me to go and tell my girlfriend what I had just found despite the fact she has no idea what I'm talking about. Now I'll grab a beer and hope the next boss pack grants me a Windforce so I can make a nasty bowzon.

Cheers.

Last edited:
Noice. Do another thousand, find an eth 3os tomb reaver and trade it to me

Nice job, and grats on haul!
Did you have any goals in mind? When I start a project like that I typically either set some sort of: time per run increase, level up with a certain amount of experience/levels in mind, or items I'd hope to find.

the ones causing me to go and tell my girlfriend what I had just found despite the fact she has no idea what I'm talking about.
Haha I remember situations like that myself. ;) Grats on the haul!

Nice job, and grats on haul!
Did you have any goals in mind? When I start a project like that I typically either set some sort of: time per run increase, level up with a certain amount of experience/levels in mind, or items I'd hope to find.

Since I had just restarted fron scratch I thought I'd run mainly AT instead of Meph, Andy and Pindle to get the basic gear for the blizz sorc. She also leveled up to 93,5. While I did run some of the bosses simultaniously the reason for mainly running AT right from the start was that there I might drop some build inspiring items.

The Death Cleaver ended up changing my untwinked wind druid into a werewolf. After completing the game and remembering why one simply doesn't use a one hander on a werewolf the Earth Shifter and Arkaine's are tempting me to respec into a quirky wolf/fire elemental hybrid which I've always wanted to build.

Death Cleaver might end up on a WW barbarian. Dual wielding Berserker Axes appeals to me so once I craft a BA or find a rare BA type axe I'll pair that with the DC and the sheer swagger of the barbarian will make the monsters forfeit. I'll hold my breath until I craft the Ba or find the rare one.

I guess I should use that Astreon's for something. The rarity, look and the whacking sound when you hit with it makes it simply too cool to leave to rot on a GoMule stash. I'd be happy to hear suggestions for a build.

To be honest, I would be kind of disappointed with drops you got for 1000 runs.

That's interesting! I'm pretty happy with it. I crossed off 11 TC87's and 9 TC84's (forgot to include Taebaek's glory in the picture) from the grail list plus a bunch of other lower tier items. Starting fron scratch obviously helps with this as basicly every item is a grailer.

I was hoping for a more runes though. I ran mostly on p1 and mainly ignoring trash mobs so I guess 1 hr isn't the worst luck you could have.

Drops are actually very solid for 1000 runs. That's like half of what AT runners would do for a typical MFO with two of the top 5 rarest item drops. Only very few players every MFO do get 2 or more of those items.

Damn... unidentified items look so tasty in a haul picture. I just can't resist the temptation of identifying immediately. I'll try and restrain myself during the next 1000 runs.

Yeah, and they say cocaine is bad. I always think.. try Identifying.

Depending on where you're located in the world you could do both ^^

Drops are actually very solid for 1000 runs. That's like half of what AT runners would do for a typical MFO with two of the top 5 rarest item drops. Only very few players every MFO do get 2 or more of those items.

Agreed.

Thanks for sharing your map with marked spawns, I'm a sucker for these kind of things.:p
And oh my that's a great waypoint location.

Gratz on the haul! It looks very good to me. And your avg. run time is pretty fast! Now, where are your next 1k runs going to be?

Hope the beer was cold and the Windforce drops sometime soon

View attachment 12987

The Fastest run time is some accidental Save & Exit. I rerolled my map after maybe 100 runs. The second map looked like this with boss pack spawn locations marked with dots:

the run timer I will have to look into. I've been just pressing lap on my iphone stopwatch

also, encouraging run! thanks for the share. I look forward to doing my own marathons

Thanks for sharing your map with marked spawns, I'm a sucker for these kind of things.:p
And oh my that's a great waypoint location.

Gratz on the haul! It looks very good to me. And your avg. run time is pretty fast! Now, where are your next 1k runs going to be?

Hope the beer was cold and the Windforce drops sometime soon

Cheers. I really like the map. In the first few hundred runs I often killed Dark Elder and other random bosses who were wandering around in the ruins close to AT entrance. Back then the average run time was closer to something like 1:25. I got it down to 1:12 leaving Dark Elder and his posse alone without really pushing it otherwise.

I'm working on that bowzon (java hybrid actually, don't tell Kashya) so maybe next 1k in Chaos Sanctuary or Pits?

Oh and the beer was cold but no Windforce... yet.

Most important factor for RNG is knowledge of what player wants to find. Game has sixth sense and knows exactly what are you looking for and will make sure you never get it. Experienced diablo players trained their minds for years to trick the game into thinking they want to find something they actually don't want to find, and then game drops item which they really want.

I obviously still need to work on my D2 jedi mind tricks.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High