1.10 Mini Guide - The Lightning Amazon

Hi, I've been reading your guide, and skimming it for like the past half year, never willing to act on it, based of some factors

I was just wondering if there were an mf variant?

Is there a way to achieve really high mf, without sacrificing power?

I've been pindl'ing with my blizz sorc, and am getting really bored..

but I havent seen anyone mention an mf variant or the such..

was just wondering if anyone had built an mf version, and how they were doing, and what they could kill

Polaris said:
Hi, I've been reading your guide, and skimming it for like the past half year, never willing to act on it, based of some factors

I was just wondering if there were an mf variant?

Is there a way to achieve really high mf, without sacrificing power?

I've been pindl'ing with my blizz sorc, and am getting really bored..

but I havent seen anyone mention an mf variant or the such..

was just wondering if anyone had built an mf version, and how they were doing, and what they could kill

1) MF Variant could wear: Harlequin, Skulders/TalRasha, Rhyme Shield and WarTravelers - Chance Guards too, but I'd prefer +3 Javelin/20% IAS gloves. :)

Rings should be leech, and amulet could be some 40% MF amulet of resist. Weapon should of course be Titan's.

For Pindling I prefer a Lightning amazon to a blizzsorc for the sole reason that she'll just simply butcher Pindle, pretty much regardless of his immunity (unless he can spawn PI+LI), and then take on Eldrich and Shenk VERY EASY too. :yep:

Polaris said:
how well does that zon perform in act4 diablo and act5 baal?

I cruise Diablo easily, same with Baal runs, level 1 Frozen Arrow (5 perfect sapphire bow) really helps against anoying ghosts and other LIs. Charms help out immensely.

i was wondering how to do be able to use lf and guided arrow/multi at the same time. because i am a fan of lightning fury and multishow/guided and i want to make a hybrid that can use both decently.

thanks in advance

stratocasterfury said:
i was wondering how to do be able to use lf and guided arrow/multi at the same time. because i am a fan of lightning fury and multishow/guided and i want to make a hybrid that can use both decently.

thanks in advance

Weapon switch? :)

Ruick: I prefer Shako, IAS and leech isn't that important (life/mana 10% PDR).

stratocasterfury said:
well i meant spread of skill points...

1 point into GA and FA then around 5-6 in Multiple Shot, and pump a little into Penetrate.

Then focus on LF, CS and synergies. I'd leave Valkyrie at level 1, and try to keep my other skills as low as possible.

thats pretty good .. ill also suggest u use razortail .. fa, multi and lf all do a lot better with high-max piercing

Jek said:
I changed some gear, so it's now:

41/41/41/41 I got +21 skills. :)

New damage:
CS: 1-6794 x 11 (avg. damage: 37373!)
LF: 1-2851 (avg. damage: too high to calculate :p)
LS: 1-5659 x 42 (When used correctly: 56600! You can easily place it correct to bounce twenty times -- or until all targets are dead)
PS: 1-18400 (Avg damage: 9200, poo!)

I don't think there's any other char that'll be even close to the damage you can dish out with a pure lightning gal.

ok.. so let me get this straight..

max CS ( Charged Strike )
max LF ( Lightning Fury )
max LS ( Lightning Strike )
max PS ( Power Strike ) ?

n what other passive skills.. n how many points in them?

n what other skills in bow n crossbow.. ???

=|
thx for the help in advance!!!

ahh excellent i see you found this already :D

regarding the remaining skills:

Passive and Magic:
1 in Dodge / Evade / Avoid
1 in Critical Strike
1 in Penetrate
1 in Inner Sight
1 in Slow Missiles
1 in Decoy
get Valkerie to level 17 (including any +skills you have from Gear)
Pierce you want as high as possible and you may get some pierce from items - so this is a grey area - assuming you have no good gear then get your chance to pierce upto about 60% or so as it suffers serious diminishing returns after that.

NO points in Bow and Crossbow

hrmz...

Shanksie1337 said:
ahh excellent i see you found this already :D

regarding the remaining skills:

Passive and Magic:
1 in Dodge / Evade / Avoid
1 in Critical Strike
1 in Penetrate
1 in Inner Sight
1 in Slow Missiles
1 in Decoy
get Valkerie to level 17 (including any +skills you have from Gear)
Pierce you want as high as possible and you may get some pierce from items - so this is a grey area - assuming you have no good gear then get your chance to pierce upto about 60% or so as it suffers serious diminishing returns after that.

NO points in Bow and Crossbow

ok.. atm.. my char is at level 26 now.. got a shield.. The Ward.. n i'm waiting to be level 28.. to wear some other armor.. forgot what it is.. but the shield "The Ward" has resists to all.. so atm.. my char has 75 resist to all..

n also.. i put skill points to..

CS - lvl 8
Decoy - lvl 1
Jab - lvl 3

so is that the way to go now?

so i'll leave skill points from now .. onto lvl 30 for the lvl 30 skills..

got one unused point.. n waiting to get to lvl 30 for LF.. i should be there by tonite.. so yeh.. i guess i'm doing ok..

WOAH:
Infinity
4 Socket Polearms
Ber + Mal + Ber + Ist
?
50% Chance to Cast Level 20 Chain Lightning When You Kill an Enemy
Level 12 Conviction Aura When Equipped
+35% Faster Run/Walk
+305% Enhanced Damage (varies)
-49% to enemy Lightning Resistance (varies)
40% Chance of Crushing Blow
Prevent Heal
0 to Vitality (Based on Character Level)
30% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items
Level 21 Cyclone Armor (?/30 Charges)

If this weapon is real, Lightning Amazons are now official the best class (tm), again. :p

Jek,

I got bored with my lightning zon when I don't have a titans and razortail. After I got those items, no more trips to town to replenish javelins and ~100% piercing :xsmile4: I really like my amazon now! She kills non-litening immunes in no time. I just need to get some more mf equipment to make my runs better.

how should i do when meet LIs?
and
after max
-LS
-LF
-CS

what skill should i put the point with?

Problem with the build

Okay, I have a strafer doing mf runs and since my wife wanted a mf char too I adviced a lightning zon. The speed would be even greater than my char so she would be really happy......or so I thought. She ran into the following problem: mana recovery. She would like to use the titans with LF and be able to at least clear one cow level on hell without gobbling down a full belt of mana potions. She does have titans of course, and we even tried it with 15% ml on her but the mana just doesnt come back. So we figured, must be because of the physical damage part not hitting. So , there is a point in penetrate (which gets pumped by +skills) and the dex is upped so that chance to hit is 95% But still, the mana wont flow back. Life on the other hand does come back....and it's even less % than ml. What is going on, is Bnet acting truly stupendous or did we do somthing wrong??? If you need any more details just give a shout, we'll give 'em asap.

ps: using things like tir would itself not be a problem if it werent for the fact that it should be a mf-zon so the sockets would be used for ist/PTopaz

mallemout said:
Okay, I have a strafer doing mf runs and since my wife wanted a mf char too I adviced a lightning zon. The speed would be even greater than my char so she would be really happy......or so I thought. She ran into the following problem: mana recovery. She would like to use the titans with LF and be able to at least clear one cow level on hell without gobbling down a full belt of mana potions. She does have titans of course, and we even tried it with 15% ml on her but the mana just doesnt come back. So we figured, must be because of the physical damage part not hitting. So , there is a point in penetrate (which gets pumped by +skills) and the dex is upped so that chance to hit is 95% But still, the mana wont flow back. Life on the other hand does come back....and it's even less % than ml. What is going on, is Bnet acting truly stupendous or did we do somthing wrong??? If you need any more details just give a shout, we'll give 'em asap.

ps: using things like tir would itself not be a problem if it werent for the fact that it should be a mf-zon so the sockets would be used for ist/PTopaz

That sounds very odd, very very odd. I myself run around with 4 mana leech and clears cow level without quaffing a potion.. If life is leeching I have no idea why it's not working. On a side note, sounds like you didn't want to put a point into penetrate at first, so you have no pierce? (it'd help alot)

Hmm, if you don't want to waste socket maybe try Silkweave (tho Wartravelers and a 3-4 Tir shield would probably wield more MF), but it's just an idea.

i gave it a try using this guide and boy it's awesome .. with almost all skills maxxed and with my laughable javelin 19-35 (the only good i found so far =( throw damage i can easily play on nightmare..

thanks for the guide..

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High