Untwinked MF Tourney III [by Ohomemgrande]

Pb_pal

Mar 19, 2020
This tournament has already ended. It was originally posted by @Ohomemgrande on Dec 29, 2007.
(link to original thread on diabloii.net)

Untwinked MF Tourney III

Untwinked MF Tourney III

Rules "borrowed" and modified with pride from Untwinked MF Tourney (SC) (Hrus), Untwinked Grail Tourney (jjscud)

This tournament is for the players who want to start fresh, or are just starting fresh (welcome noobs or converted bnetters!), or want to have fun with filling the holes in the empty grail table again.

This tournament is open to all forum members but is also the first "ladder" tournament. One need not participate in the ladder to participate in the tournament.

BASIC IDEA: Start an untwinked character, and try to find as many set and uniques as you can in about 1 month. The winner will be the player who will have the highest score (grail count + bonus for certain goals). All entrants will donate 15 PGems as the signup donation. Winner will take 75%, 2nd place takes 15% and 3rd place takes 10%. If you are participating in the ladder, winner gets 10 bonus points, 2nd place gets 5 and 3rd place gets 2.

RULES:
1. Allowed Versions: 1.11; allowed mods: RRM/RCM/RWM once the PGems have been collected and sent. (see rule 9)

2. Untwinked. Trading is not allowed. MP is not allowed.

3. Only 1 character. (If you play HC, make it count)

4. Build restrictions: No sorceress. We all know how effective they are already.

5. You can run any area any difficulty anytime. Whatever player settings you like.

6. You can't use maphack. You may not use the seed command to recover maps.

7. SCORES:
Base score will be the number of different set/uniques found with your character. The same as in the Grail thread, we have a great tools as Flavie and Medieval Mart to count them.

Bonus points will be available for achieving certain goals.
-Normal Uniques: +1 point for each complete category i.e. Swords, Maces, Helms, etc (17 total); additional +5 points for collecting all normal uniques (116 items; you don't have to find Azurewrath to score points for swords).
-Exceptional Uniques: +2 points for each complete category (18 total); additional +10 points for collecting all exceptional uniques (119 items)
-Elite Uniques: +4 points for each complete category (19 total).
-Unique Rings: +1 point for finding 4/9; +2 points for finding 7/9; +5 points for finding 9/9 (you only get one bonus)
-Unique Amulets: +1 point for finding 6/12; +2 points for finding 10/12; +5 points for finding 12/12 (you only get one bonus)
-Full set of Rainbow Facets: +2 points for 1 of each color (cold/fire/lightning/poison); +5 for finding all 8
-TC3's: +1 point for each one you find (23 items)
-TC87's: +2 points for each one you find (29 items)
-Cow King Set: +2 points for each item; +4 additional for completing the set (10 points total)
-Cathan's Seals: +1 point for every 5 of these you find.
-Runes: +1 point for each Common rune found (11 points); +2 points for each Semi-rare rune (22 points); +4 points for each Rare rune (44 points). Only one of each type of rune can be scored so 11 Els is still only 1 point. You may use your HF drop to score points.

8. START DATE 01-01-2008, END DATE 02-10-2008 (local times)

9. ADDMISSION FEE: 15 PGems (Vanilla only). The signup Pgem donation should be sent in a mule called forumname_ugt before 01-31-2008 to my mail: ohgrande(at)gmail(dot)com. You must collect your gems with the tournament character. This means you must start your character in Vanilla (use a vanilla shortcut). You must gather 15 Vanilla pgems with your tourney char and then submit those. Once you've submitted your 15 PGems, you may then use the forum accepted mods and any associated benefits they confer (RCM/RRM/RWM). Any PGems are acceptable, I think you know how to use them if you win. (Just a hint, PGems are easily gathered by running around Lower Kurast in either NM or Hell. I would estimate one hour's effort would get you enough PGems. And don't forget the Pgems you get from the HF)

The scoring table:

Code:
Name      Forum Name      Character  Grailers  Bonus Points   Total
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Martin    Ohomemgrande    Paladin       0           0           0

Freshly joined the new SPF ladder, and here's the first step!! I anagramed Ladder Amazon, and so forth came Mazda_Leonard. SC. Can't wait to start... but ladder players can't begin til January 1st! Glad I'm going SC; will have to start just after the ball drops, and who knows what condition I'll be in... :drunk:

Happy New Year's, all!!! Good luck!!!
Sounds like fun, I've been thinking about starting from scratch just for the fun of it. I'm not too psyched about having to take a character through hell w/o RWM, though, just for the pgems, I'll have to think about it.

Great idea for a tournament, though!
Seeing as I won't have access to my SC chars and stashes for another 2 weeks due to unforeseen technical difficulties, I might as well join the ladder and this tourney. I'm running vanilla for now, but will swap to RRM/RWM as soon as I look up how to install the mods again (edit: and once I find those pgems).

Will start a hammerdin since besides sorcs, I have the most experience with hammers.
Grisu said:
Before I add myself: Different tables for SC and HC or mixed? Only asking, since score in the ladder is separate for SC and HC...so is it also separate for the MF tourney?

Looking forward to this one!👍
One table for this one. Extra bragging rights for the HC players though.
37,5 hours to go... :)

EDIT: Oh, forgot about the bragging rights *adding HC* 😁
Not sure if I will participate in the ladder yet... There is a fee for the ladder as well, right? So I need to collect at least 30 PGems in total in order to participate in both?
My understanding is that the only fee for the ladder is a suggested donation of 1+ pgem per month.

-CG
Time for me to start that Frostzealot I've always wanted!
Vanilla... hmm, I have RWM installed, but if the char doesn't touch ladder only runewords, is it vanilla?
If you start your game without the -direct -txt command line switches, you'll be playing vanilla regardless of what you have in the directory. Just change your shortcut to game.exe without anything after it.

Remember to change it back before making any runewords on your RWM chars, though, or you'll waste some r00nz.

-CG
Quick questions before the tourney sets sail. Do etheral uniques count, or do you have to have solid pieces for them to be scored? (since etherals don't really count for a grail, I just had to ask in regards for this tourney)

Also, why is there not a set end time? I would figure any arbitrary date is better than an open end... :scratch:

Thanks!! Less than 11 hours and counting here!

Edit: @Merlin: I have two D2 shortcuts on my desktop, one with the changed command line and another that's unmodified. I suggest following such an example so you always know which version you're about to use and won't accidentally taint your vanilla OR vanilla your taint.... unless you're into that kind of thing.
I'm in, and ready to show all the crazy hammers how magic damage SHOULD be done 👍
TheReadMenace said:
Quick questions before the tourney sets sail. Do etheral uniques count, or do you have to have solid pieces for them to be scored? (since etherals don't really count for a grail, I just had to ask in regards for this tourney)

Also, why is there not a set end time? I would figure any arbitrary date is better than an open end... :scratch:
8. START DATE 01-01-2008, END DATE 02-10-2008 (local times); since when is February 10th open ended :wink3:

Just to keep it simple, ethereals count. I've never figured out why they don't count in the first place and only though it was certain folks who held themselves to that standard.

@all: I've never made a "cheesy"-din before. I figured now would be a good excuse.
Probably gonna be a trapper or a trapper hybrid
Joining this tourney with my ladder character. Rescued Cain, nothing found so far. Wearing a total of 27% MF, most of which was attained towards the end of the playing session.
I doubt I will be joining. I have dedicated myself to HC, and I have troubles enough just keeping my chars alive long enough. Besides, it looks to be a pretty intense tourney, which requires lots of playing in order to get any points period.

Or am I mistaken?
Joining up, HC too.

I seize the opportunity to grab the early lead by showing off my first finds:

Rixot's Keen (TC3), Stoutnail, Hsaru's Iron Fist (TC 3), Death's Guard (TC 3), Eld RUne, Ith Rune

netting me a total of 7 points :)

EDIT: Starting Act II today...running 89% MF right now.
The Eld and Ith are worth a point each too so you have 9. Those are some nice finds though for the early game.
Nothing huge, as a rule, Act 1 hates me. I shouldn't complain too much though, the 1 item was a Gull.
And I'm off to an early lead with 5 normal uniques, 4 normal sets, and 10/11 common runes :jig:
Still dubbing whether I will join (though, since the start date has eloped, I doubt if I still can) but how does one find the TC class of a set/unique item?
Either what Raskah said, or use any Flavie report - I think it's more neatly arranged :) You can find the Flavie tool (well, the link to it...) in the stickies :)
Act 1 now complete. Didn't find a topaz 'til Tamoe Highlands, but since have gotten about 70MF. Did a couple Countess runs early to maybe Tir up some gear, but haven't sacrificed my MF for it yet. Now have the cube, and I might go back to Andy to do some gem cubing/MFing (but she drops crap, IMO).

Finds, you ask? I apologize for the lack of proper names. The only S/U's I've found are the Arctic belt and the Hsarus belt. Also have 2 Els, a Tir, a Nef, and 2 Rals. More to come in a day or two!

@Grisu: I fixed your score for you! 👍
I finished A1 and got...Nothing. If it weren't for the Countess, I'd have zero points still.

I'm running about 75% MF on me and another 18% on the Merc so far.

@Merlin-Feel free to join up anytime. No need to have started on the first.
Joining with my ladder character, Erica Bane, a pure trapper assassin. Hopeful she'll be a good Area 85 runner and grab some neat items for my new created ladder stashes. 👍
@TheReadMenace: Thanks for fixing the table! btw, this is the first time I realized the pun in your nick...always thought you were TheRedMenace :laugh:

So here's my next update from Act V...
Finds in the meantime:

eth Twitchthroe, Goldwrap (another 30% MF 😁 ), Brainhew, Arctic Mitts, Berserker's Hatchet and Headgear, Cathan's Seal and Mesh, Isenhart's Lightbrand, Milabrega's Orb, Sigon's Visor, Hwanin's Blessing, Sander's Riprap, Runes El, Tir, Nef, Eth, Tal, Ral, Ort

Uniques: 5
Set Items: 12
Runes: 9
TC 3 items: 3

Total Points: 29

MF: 178% + 49% from mercenary

Wow, just found out about the Cathan's Seal bonus points...I think I know how to win this tournament now 😁
My character is standing still in Rogue Camp and already found some grailies!?! Damn, she's good!! :laugh:

Ok, someone had mess up the scores!

I thought i did the table alright but it seems not! 😁

@ Grisu: I think that was you that mess up the score since you posted after me and the score was ok before that :rolleyes:
Now I realize it would have been better to bring this up a while ago (i.e. before everything started), but it seems a bit counterintuitive to have the first month and a half of the six month ladder season with trading/MP effectively prohibited. However, I don't exactly know how to get around this fairly, because trading all your extra items away for grailers could potentially be very unbalancing.

Thoughts anyone?

-CG

edit: Allowing only self-found items to be counted in scoring while permitting trading/MP for non-qualifier items might mitigate the balance issues.
@Raskah: [heroically delivered speech] I have proof it was you, who did this! [/heroically delivered speech] :evil: :wink3:

To be honest, I thought you already had some score, since in your table you did indeed add yourself at the bottom, but with the score as posted above (19). So I thought I'd move you up to the right place :)
Seems I was wrong 👅

Good Luck to you and everyone else!
Oh crap! :hide: Somebody just shoot me... Now I realize that I copy&past the entry of Abracadaver but forgot to change the score. My bad, Grisu and I'm sorry for that... :embarassed:
Finished up A2 today. Have 114%MF + 18% on merc, plus Sander's Paragon waiting for lvl25 to add another 17%.

Things are going slowly, IMO, but we'll get there.

@Grisu (and all else): When I first rejoined the SPF, I had originally intended to be TheRedMenace... somehow when I registered I made a typo, and an unintended pun was born. :rolleyes:

@Ohomemgrande: Sorry for incorrectly calling you out about the end date. I now see the official date. This what I saw that caused it all. From now on I'll be more attentive to what I read. 👍

My new update format. If it's too much, tell me. But this will be easiest for me to keep track of new finds.
Code:
[b]Mazda_Leonard - TheReadMenace[/b]
(6) Sets: Cathan's Mesh, Arctic Binding, Hsarus' Iron Stay, Sander's Paragon (TC3), Cleglaw's Pincers, Isenhart's Lightbrand

(2) Uniques: Eth Pelta Lunata (TC3), Crushflange

(7) Runes: (Tier1 - 7/11) El, Eld, Tir, Nef, Eth, Tal, Ral
           (Tier2 - 0/11)
           (Tier3 - 0/11)

6 Sets
      2 Uniques
      7 Runes
    + 2 Bonus
---------------
     17 Total Points
Count me in 😁 Like a last Year, i can't resist...This was my first tourney and very fun...Fortunatelly wilypueo still not joined, so there is chance to win :rolleyes:

Btw:Same character like last Year - lightning trapper...

Good luck to all 👍
Crap from act 2, no sets or uniques but 3 runes. Time for an MFO break and then some catchup.
Briefly I jump into the lead. My 10 bonus points are currently 10/11 common runes. I've found 2 Cathan's Seals so far!!!

Entering with a HC amazon.
One final question... What happens if your HC char dies...
Before getting the 15 Pgems?
Merlin The Wizzard said:
One final question... What happens if your HC char dies...
Before getting the 15 Pgems?
Who dies in HC before getting Pgems??? :shocked:

Good question that I never really considered. I guess, send what you found for the prize stash. Or maybe better, start up a new HC character to collect the 15 gems before the squid comes after you....

Please don't die.

Now I realize it would have been better to bring this up a while ago (i.e. before everything started), but it seems a bit counterintuitive to have the first month and a half of the six month ladder season with trading/MP effectively prohibited. However, I don't exactly know how to get around this fairly, because trading all your extra items away for grailers could potentially be very unbalancing.

Thoughts anyone?

My first thought is no trading since this is untwinked. But, as you say, trading in the ladder should be encouraged. If there is enough interest amonst the participants, maybe we could allow trading of rares, charms, jewels, etc. for your tourney character. Trading for S/U's would be allowed but you couldn't use the items on this character until after the tournament. The rule would still stand that you had to find everything that scores yourself.
So far I have found 1 rune, an Artic Belt, and pair of Hotspur (TC3) boots.
Just scored my first point, a riot's xen in catacombs 👍
My sin reached Outer Cloister waypoint with these results:

Grailers - 1 point (Arctic Furs)
TC3 - 1 point (Arctic Furs)
Runes - 1 point (ELD - Countess)

Total - 3 points :rolleyes:

Hopefully i counted points right...
15 pgems sent. I can't begin to explain how much I'm looking forward to an insight.

-CG
Received. Enjoy your insight!
Didn't intend to double post but I had to share that I found a 5th Cathan's seal and my first exceptional unique (Spineripper)

Bonus points:
10/11 normal runes: 10 pts
5 Cathan's Seals: 1 pt
15 PGems sent to you, Ohomemgrande.
Switching to RWM/RRM as soon as I know you got the mule safely 😃

Well well, almost at Mephisto's now...
Here's a list of all my grailers (Flavie Report):
http://www.freewebs.com/grisu-der-kleine-drache/Items/Ladder.html

41 grailers: 41
3 TC3s: 3
11 common runes: 11
2 semi-rare runes: 4

Total: 59
Guess I can give it a whirl. A barb is slow going 2b sure, but hey, I can double him for my septavirate, he has that incrdeibly useful Find Item skill, and he is the first barb in the tourney (prolly on account of how everyone always complains he is slooooow going).
Let's see if I can get to the 15 PGems setup... Booting the game up in Vanilla mode.... now.

Merlin
Build. Well, what viable builds are out there for a barb? Singers, I hear, are very item dependand. Concentration barb is too slow for a tournament with a time limit. Whirler? Once again, a build that seems to depend on a set (Immortal King) to truly rock. I haven't got much experience with it though, it might very well be that it can still do well without the good gear. Still...
That left Berserk. And what do you know, none other then Nightfish wrote a guide for one! Of course, his build has little use in a MF tourney, seeing as how he hardly focuses on MF, and neglects Find Item.
So what to do? I decided to tweak the build a little bit (no doubt for the worse, I'm not nightfish quality). He seemed to concentrate on mauls, I opted for swords. This may not have been wise, as it also requires I add dex, but more dex never hurt a barb either, so :p
But his skill point distribution is pretty tight. the 20 berserk/war cry seems pretty potent. The 20 Battle command as well. That leaves the 20 howl. I am first to acknowledge high howl has its use, but this is the only skill I can see where I can skimp points... by using Grim totems. Not sure how it will work, but there it is. Let's makte the best of it.
Stash received and welcome Merlin!
This weekend has proved valuable for me. I just finished Normal. A3 was relatively uneventful. A4 took a little time, but Diablo was kind enough to drop a Riphook Razorbow (useful mods include 9%LL, Open Wounds, and Slows Target). Ran Eldritch, equipped Riphook, and leveled to 41. Rescued Anya and Barbs (yay, first Ort). While running [I think] the Crystalline Passage, I got a good drop!

Manald Heal
Ring
Required Level: 15
Item Version: 1.10+ Expansion
Item Level: 43
Fingerprint: 0x3ad2a746
+20 to Life
Regenerate Mana 20%
7% Mana stolen per hit
Replenish Life +7

So now I'm running a strong dual leech! Who needs Insight? 😁 Baal dropped half capacity, and his minions were useless itemwise. But I've scored a bunch more, and completed my first set, Isenhart's. Too bad it's completely useless. Currently running 165%MF (still have my 3cTopaz Ring Mail from A1!!) + 57% on the merc. update forthcoming!

Code:
(13) Sets: Arctic Binding, Cathan's Mesh, Cleglaw's Pincers & Claw, Isenhart Full Set (4), Hsarus' Iron Stay, Sander's Paragon (TC3) & Riprap & Superstition, Sigon's Visor

(9) Uniques: Snakecord, Tearhaunch, Eth Pelta Lunata (TC3), Manald Heal, Bloodfist, Steelclash, Crushflange, Brainhew, Riphook

(9) Runes: (Tier1 - 9/11) El, Eld, Tir, Nef, Eth, Ith, Tal, Ral, Ort
           (Tier2 - 0/11)
           (Tier3 - 0/11)

13 Sets
      9 Uniques
      9 Runes
    + 2 Bonus (2xTC3's)
---------------
     33 Total Points
Cain is free, and I am continuing towards the tamoe highlands. Full stash cleared out, heck, let's list my find and get some points. Some hero in the Cave dropped a nice gold club, fell oak, which also happens to be a TC3 item, so I guess that is a bonus point.
Ohomemgrande said:
My first thought is no trading since this is untwinked. But, as you say, trading in the ladder should be encouraged. If there is enough interest amonst the participants, maybe we could allow trading of rares, charms, jewels, etc. for your tourney character. Trading for S/U's would be allowed but you couldn't use the items on this character until after the tournament. The rule would still stand that you had to find everything that scores yourself.
Is this an official ruling, or is it still in the discussion phase? In other words, can I use the magic amulet I just traded for, or should I keep it in quarantine until mid February?

If we're still in the discussion phase, IMO prohibiting use of traded s/u's on the char doesn't accomplish anything when allowing use of traded non-s/u's. I definitely support not having traded items count towards the score, though.

-CG
Still in a session, but this I gotta tell. I kid you not. The countess died, and dropped... a blue heavy gloves, some white items, and NO rune. None.
Has this ever happened to anyone?
Yup. The countess' special rune drop replaces nodrop so it isn't guaranteed. If you were running at p8, this is actually relatively common.
Pgems sent, almost time for my insight :)
Calling it a night... brought barty here to Catacombs 2. Found two more uniques along the way, one a biggin's bonnet (TC3, so +1), and one Leadcrow. If I'm correct, that should make my score correct :p
It's definetely not easy going though, especially since I tend to use FI more then any combat skill... and the twohanded sword leaves little for defense.
Still... I do full clear's which makes him too slow to be a top competitor, but this way, he is also valid for my own self imposed septumvirate rules :p

Time for an update.

Grailers: 103
TC3s: 3 points (Blinkbat's Form, Death's Hand, Hsarus' Iron Fist)
Common Runes: 11 points (all)
Semi-Rare Runes: 8 points (Sol, Dol, Hel, Lum)

Who needs sorcs?

-CG
Now that's an update Colorless! :p
As for me, Barty finished Act 1. All of a sudden, chipped topazzes started dropping everywhere, so I managed to fill the merc up just be4 Andy. I managed to make her shoot andy by simply standing still and taking the pounding, but the result was well, well worth it. Andy is my D2 galpal. Seriously. I have had sucky drops from her, but more often then not, jewels such as this drop :p
1 Unique.... Dagger 😁 Wheeeeee, THAT's gonna be useful for the MF

Merlin
Glenstorm said:
Pgems sent, almost time for my insight :)
Gems received. I also received 15 gems from myself 😁

@CG: Regarding trades being used, I think we're still in discussion phase. If no one else discusses in the next day or so, we'll stay with the original rule set.

So far, the options are:

1. Remain with original rule-set (untwinked, no trades)
2. Allow use of all trades (in-ladder)
3. Allow use of only non-S/U trades to be used

If anyone cares to comment with pro's & con's, do so soon.
I'd stick it out with 1), Ohomemgrande.
Because :
a) The tourney was started under this assumption,
b) It's all about finding items for yourself etc, so why allow trade now? So, for me, it seems to go against the spirit of the tourney.
c) It'll be confusing for those who trade when they are still 'forced' vanilla, and later trade with their specific mods on... What was received as what?
d) It might potentially mess up the scores (actually already implied in b)) because people trade for grailers they don't have yet, or trade away grailers they collected, etc.
e) It's only a month and a half. After this period, those that continue into the tourney already have a decent item stash. The disadvantage of not having been able to trade for items while levelling up in the ladder, is balanced by the added points this tourney gives for the character.

Frankly, for me this isn't too much of an issue, but then, I don't trade. I'm tainted because of the hotmuling i did with my fishyzon.
Ohomemgrande said:
@CG: Regarding trades being used, I think we're still in discussion phase. If no one else discusses in the next day or so, we'll stay with the original rule set.

So far, the options are:

1. Remain with original rule-set (untwinked, no trades)
2. Allow use of all trades (in-ladder)
3. Allow use of only non-S/U trades to be used

If anyone cares to comment with pro's & con's, do so soon.
I think that trading between ladder characters should be encourged, but the item cannot be used until the tournement is over. It shouldn't really matter when trading takes place, but as long as the characters in this tourney remain untwinked. If trading is enabled during the tourney, those trades should take place in the ladder thread.

As far as ladder trading is concerned, what if those who wannt to trade S/U items attach a Flavie report to their signature so everyone knows what is available for trade. Just a thought.
Ambrodel said:
As far as ladder trading is concerned, what if those who wannt to trade S/U items attach a Flavie report to their signature so everyone knows what is available for trade. Just a thought.
hehe, I once suggested the same for mod status. Here's Thyiad's response:

Thyiad said:
You don't get a signature unless you are a Pal. Way to get subscribers!
But nice thinking, if I may say so 😉

EDIT: A thought occured to me: people don't necessarily have to use the same characters for ladder as they're using for the MFO...one could for example start a second character, with whom trading wouldn't be a problem at all...but as long as items found in this tournament are concerned, I'd say: No trade. At least not grailers.
Update on me: 10 common runes, 30 grailers, 2 tc3s = 42 points, correct? :S

Edit: Option 1 gets my vote.
On the trading/MP subject, I just want to clarify something here.

At no point that I've seen has anyone suggested or supported allowing traded items to count towards the score of this tournament - the question is just about allowing their use. Traded items should not count towards score.
Next stop. I'm at HAlls of the dead WP. My first two runes dropped. No luck on S/U, but lots of jewelry and socket fillers. Including two rare jewels which might be very nice for some weapon along the way in normal. MF so far : Me = 218, Merc = 45. Gear = crap of course, with the gull wielded, but it's still safe, since all I do now is show my merc where to kill :p
Putting up my ladder character, my HC single-pass full-clear dexazon (she is also in the no-vit tournament). My one and only point so far has come from an El rune from the Countess. So far I'm only at the Inner Cloister - it takes a suprising amount of time to do untwinked full-clears! My main concern is that as she won't be re-running areas is that getting 15 PGems could be a slight issue. Wish me luck (and a busy cube).
Completed Act 2. Duriel dropped a pair of Chance Guards.

Grailers: 3
TC3s: 1
Common Runes: 4
Can we cube up runes and count the points?
Lets keep accounts current. WP = Far oasis. New Grailer : Serpernts' lord Long Staff. Runes from El-Tir. Maggot lair was a pain(but the grailer dropped here), trying to get the merc in front to make the kills. I was just lucky there were none of those ugly double S bends in there.
Some progress and table fixed a little bit...
Merlin The Wizzard said: Can we cube up runes and count the points?[/quote said:
Yes-at the end of the tournament, if you have the rune in your possession, you may count it. The rune can be cubed, be a quest reward, or be socketed as part of a runeword/gemmed item. I see the original rule was a bit unclear but this is what I intended.

@ all: I'll give another 24 hours for comments but it sounds like the majority is for keeping the original ruleset for the tournament and not allow trades.
Im not even playing this part of the ladder tournement (due to the contradicting ruleset of the regular ladder), however i most definetly see it having a unwelcomly large adverse affect on the ladder trade pool. As in, no one is going to be trading at the start of the ladder (the first 6 weeks!!!), so the whole point of having a seperate ladder trading community is practically pointless. Within 6 weeks of the ladder season, (when trading can commence) the trade pool will not be exactly of as high standard as the regular trading pool but it will be pretty close.

I still think that the items that count towards this tournement should not have been traded. Thus the grail should be completly self found. However to encourage trading for items that are used should be allowed. Exampe. A MF assasin trades for a nice MF ammy with + skills. They should be allowed to trade and use this amulet. Characters all benefit from trading, and the whole of the ladder pool will thus benefit in the long run. This is the same for example a blade of ali baba. If a ladder char wants to trade for one of them and then use it to MF (however not count it towards their grail) what is wrong with that?

To summarize, Trading should be allowed however items traded should not go into your grail. The self found grail can easily be kept in a seperate stash. Hopefully this would encourage a healthy amount of ladder trading which i believe was one of the initial points of this new ladder season.

Sorry for the hijack but i can see this issue having a big impact on the whole ladder and just needed to add my input.
Forgot my update. Waypoint : Palace lvl 1. 1 more grailer: Sanders RipRap.
A decent session - picked up a nagel (24%) and Deaths sash. I can see both of them staying on my character for quite some time. Things got quite a lot faster when I hit 24 and got strafe. Currently at the Lost City WP.
Bonus points: All common runes and a sol 😁

Gonna be really hard to catch up to CG
81 Grailers: +81
3 TC3s: +3
11 Common runes: +11
3 Semi-rare runes: +6

Total: 101

Flavie Report

EDIT:
Colorless Green said:
Ooh, someone's getting close. I might have to run a new flavie report when I get home.
Heh - you can run, but you can't hide :evil: So are you already doing MF runs or are you still levelling?

Ooh, someone's getting close. I might have to run a new flavie report when I get home.
Just found this nice circlet for my "cheesydin"

Raven Mask
Circlet
Defense: 49
Durability: 22 of 35
Required Level: 33
Item Level: 62
Fingerprint: 0xc825342d
+59% Enhanced Defense
+10% Enhanced Damage
Damage Reduced by 5
Magic Damage Reduced by 1
20% Faster Cast Rate
+2 to Offensive Aura Skills (Paladin Only)

Also found my 8th Cathan's Seal. I think it's the only ring in existence.
59 Grailers: +59
8 Cathan's Seals: +1
11 Common runes: +11
1 Semi-rare runes: +2

Total: 73
@Ohomemgrande: PGems sent!! 😁

Finished A2 Nightmare, then did Countess runs for gems and the runes for Insight. Once that's in place, things'll go a little faster... and I won't have to run on /p1 anymore! yay

Looks like keeping up with the tourney leaders will take some determination and discipline... and maybe an unfortunate hard drive crash... :wink3: I kid, of course.

Update:
Code:
(18) Sets: Arctic Binding, Cathan's Mesh & Visage, Cleglaw's Pincers & Claw, Isenhart Full Set (4), Hsarus' Iron Stay, Milabrega's Orb & Rod, Sander's Paragon (TC3) & Riprap & Superstition, Sigon's Visor & Wrap, Rite of Passage

(17) Uniques: Snakecord, Goldwrap, Tearhaunch, Peasant Crown, Eth Pelta Lunata (TC3), Manald Heal, Bloodfist, Steelclash, Crushflange, The General's Tan Do Li Ga, Bladebone, Brainhew, Wizendraw, Blastbark, Riphook, Hellplague, Lance of Yaggai, 

(15) Runes: (Tier1 - 11/11) El - Amn
           (Tier2 - 2/11) Sol, Dol
           (Tier3 - 0/11)

18 Sets
     17 Uniques
     15 Runes
    + 2 Bonus (2xTC3's)
---------------
     52 Total Points
I should fine you some Pgems for using an outdated table and dropping the host 30+ points :wink3:

Gems received and table fixed. Enjoy your Insight.
Grailers: 6
Common Runes: 5

My notable find this update is The Chieftain. Not great, but it is the highest unique I have found so far.
Slugging through the tombs... KAa's is done, 2 more before Duriels.
New finds : 2 new runes (Eth and Ral, both 2), a Milabrega's orb, a Cathan's Seal, a Witherstring, and an Ethereal Chance Guards (worn, 40% MF)
Passed 100 grailers...still getting closer, CG :wink2:
Now where's your update? I need some motivation! :-D

@Merlin: You're wearing eth Chance Guards on a melee character?👍 Hope they last long - I mean: they are perfect ones!

@CG below: That's so mean! You can't just trash talk to a foreigner! :wink3:
Seriously though - better get some desert clothing now, because I'm gonna leave you in the dust :evil:
Well, I *could* do one now (and by now I mean after work) which would get me back to a fairly sizable lead, but I start my real meph running today, so I think instead I'll hold off until someone actually outscores me and then post an update doubling my score or something fun like that.

Just abandon hope now.

Did I mention that I'm quitting my job and as of Wednesday I'll be living the life of leisure with very little to do besides MF? Up until now this is just me playing D2 in my very, very limited free time when not working or commuting, soon I'll have 60+ hours more per week available (and won't have to get as much of that pesky sleep). Seriously, give up now.

-CG
I am a melee char Grisu... but I am a melee char stumbling along behind his trusty merc, holding a Gull in his hand and in general looking burly yet very odd with huge muscled arms holding a puny knife :p
So far, not a scratch on the guards :p

@Colorless : Wow, how come? did you quit for a reason?
I'm moving.
Duriel died. Piece of cake, another Grailer dropped. Also two more new runes (Nef and Tal), adding three more points to my score (Wheeee! Look at me go!)
Equipment question.

I have on : the ethereal Chance guards (still in mint condition). In stash a pair of rare gloves with some CR, a little FR, 10% IAS and 22 MF. I have decided to keep the Guards in my stash for good bosses (such as Szaark), and otherwise just work witht the rare gloves. It'll maximize drop output as far as the guards are concerned, while keeping them relatively safe.

I gambled a rare circlet with all sorts of enhanced damage mods. I myself am wearing a rare helmet with 2 socketed flawed TP, LR30 and 10% FHR (and some other crap). I traded out the circlet my merc was wearing with 23 MF on it for the new rare circlet. It's a really significant boost to his damage.

Boots. I gambled rare boots with 17 FR, 20 FRW, and 20 MF. I am wearing boots with no FRW, but with LR 30, PR 8, and MF 21. If I remove those boots, I'll drop my LR to 43 (helmet +charms), which seems quite dangerous.
Since my barb has no Increased stamina or speed (as per Nightfish Zerker build), he is quite slow. the FRW is therefore certainly tempting. Should I go for it, or stick with the safer LR 30 boots?

I am wearing a 3os Breastplate with 3 flawed TP in it. The merc was wearing a chippied ringmail, but I gambled a rare platemail with 2 sockets in it, and 105 FR and LR, and also 17% FHR. The sockets are not yet filled.

Which means in effect that my merc has no more MF. If I opt to help the merc, I'll switch to my sword of course, but that means total MF will suddenly be only 120 or so (39 from the breast plate, a combined 35 from jewelry, 21 and 22 from the boots and gloves, and 26 from the helmet) Of course, I'll immediately start making more progress :p
Whaddaya think is my best choice here?

EDIT : Oh, and good luck with the moving Colorless!
Right, time for an update. Just reached the Arcane Sanctuary, hit level 20 in the Viper Temple. I feel like I'm running at too low a level, but also that it'll be hard to level up effectively soon. I'll see what I can do, maybe running Fire Eye for a bit might be useful. Anyways, by my count:

Code:
Base score: 3 (Hsarus' belt, Infernal cap, The Gnasher)
TC3's: 1
Common Runes: 6

Total: 10

Not posting a Flavie readout yet as it's still woefully empty. Updated table:
Great marsh complete. 3 new grailers, including a crappy nagelring with only 17 MF. Still better then the ring I was wearing with 14 MF and no other abilities tho. Got two cathan's seals now.
Grailers: 9
Common Runes: 7

Finshed Act IV last night. Nothing special to report.
Still doing full clears at p8, so moving slowly. Still cleared out both temples in the Kurast Bazaar, ready for the sewers.
New finds : Torch of Iro (+1 cos TC3), Manald heal, Isenharts Cage, Another cathan's seal, Vidala's barb and some other grailer i cant remember from the top of my head(oh right, BErserker's HEadgear)
Mephisto died, only dropped Vidala's barb, which I already had. Still, another TC3 (Rixot's Keen) and an Ith rune found.
Breakdown :
Grailers : 27
TC3 : 5 (+5)
Runes(Common) : 8 (+8)

Total 40
Phew. Cleared out the city of the damned, but I had no inventory space left to store anything in at the end :p Full cube, stash, inventory and held an item under the cursor. Well, some more finds of course (and tons of gems) An Ort makes my list of runes 9.
Since some friends are coming around soon, this will probably my final update for today...still no Skin of the Vipermagi :cry: But a (non-ethereal) Hone Sundan :)

155 Grailers: +155 (65 Normal Uniques, 26 Exceptional Uniques, 44 Normal Set items, 16 Expansion Set items)
4 TC3s: +4 (found Tancred's Hobnails)
11 common runes: +11
3 semi-rare runes: +6

Total: 176

My second update and unfortunatelly my last one...My poor trapsin died at the NM Meph run xxx, so i'm out of tourney...

Best finds:Racked Homunculus and KO rune from random monster in Act 1 NM...

Good luck to all and hopefully i will do much better next time...:rolleyes:

Edit:Ohh, btw:mad:Ohomemgrande:I want to send You tomorrow my Pgems as a price for future winner (not just 15, but almost all which i collected during the tourney).
Well, I'd really hoped to wait until after sitting around all day doing meph runs before doing an update, but being in third place is absolutely unacceptable, so it looks like a first-thing-in-the-morning pre-run update.

TC3s: 5 pts (Vidala's Ambush, Tancred's Hobnails, Hsarus' Iron Fist, Death's Hand, Blinkbat's Form)
Common Runes: 11 pts (all)
Midrange Runes: 8 pts (Sol, Dol, Hel, Lum)

And now I'll be sitting down to run hell meph for hours and hours until it's time to go out this evening. Then I'll be quite hung over tomorrow, which means it's time for hours and hours more hell meph runs (I find hangovers to be one of the best times to do endless repetitive MF runs). I'm kinda sad I had to update before doubling my score, though.

-CG
River of Flame done. As usual, I was blessed with both Maggots and Wyrms, so my merc has really upped his kill count. HF drop : Eth.
RIP said:
My second update and unfortunatelly my last one...My poor trapsin died at the NM Meph run xxx, so i'm out of tourney...
Sorry to hear about your untimely demise :cry:
I second Oho RIP. But with MF, that is bound to happen, since you sacrifice good gear for % Magic Find. I doubt I'll get as far as you did, and I admire your effort!
Merlin The Wizzard said:
I second Oho RIP. But with MF, that is bound to happen, since you sacrifice good gear for % Magic Find. I doubt I'll get as far as you did, and I admire your effort!
I think, with so much remaining time You can relatively easily hit numbers in 350 - 400 range...In truth, last UGT winner wilypueo found 459 items :rolleyes:

About sacrificing gear - i don't think that this happened in my case, just because my assy had around 950 hitpoints and most important resistances (Fire, Lightning) were maxed...She was killed by heavilly physical dmging monsters on the way to Mephisto (Bremm friendly suported them with Fanaticism aura and the pack had ability Extra Strong)...

Good luck to all 👍
Diablo croaked (twice, he didnt drop any grailer the first time around)
As usual, distance between the waypoint close to eldritch and the next waypoint wasmaxed out (close to Thresh), so that took some doing at full clear p8 with a crappy dagger in my hands :p
Nihlatak has died. Didn't tag the waypoint, so I can run Pindle, if I so desire.
Question. A Hellplague longsword dropped, and while I normally take little note of this one, now that I have a sword wielding zerker, it has advantages, with good fire damage and dual leech.
I have, in my weapon slot, a Savage Great Sword of Thunder, with some added lightning damage (1-32).
I have no decent shield yet. So I can use the higher base damage from the great sword with the zerk attack, or I can use the faster attack speed with the Hellplague, with good elemental damage and dual leech (which I obviously don't need right now).
Still no drop higher then ort.
To find out definitively, visit the german weapon speed calculator and figure out how many attacks per second you have with each weapon. Then either look at the damage listed in LCS (probably won't be accurate, but it'll be quick) or figure out your actual damage from formulae listed in the facts and formulae archive, then multiply each of them by their attacks per second.

Off the top of my head, I'd guess that hellplage is going to knock the great sword out of the water in terms of overall damage over time, but I don't really know how much berserk adds at your level. Also, using berserk converts all of your physical damage to magical, so leech won't function. Were you using a different skill, there'd be the added factor of higher physical damage from the great sword meaning higher leech, but in that leech isn't counted, your choice is a bit simpler.

Also, hellplague allows a shield, and even if you don't have a decent one available, you can (if nothing else) shop a three socket tower shield and stick your three highest diamonds in it (or if you're more patient, an artisans __ of deflecting, or a chromatic __ of deflecting) for some added resists and a bit of blocking . Sigon's shield (for blocking and a +skill) or Milabrega's shield (for MF) are also servicable options that are pretty easy to acquire.

-CG
You know, I never went there(the weapon speed calculator, that is). I forgot that the dual leech wouldnt function with zerk, but that's ok, cos as stated, I dont need it yet (Approaching the 1K in lifepoints), but I'll have to account for it during nightmare. I think I will go with the Hellplague indeed. It's a bit faster, and one handed... Leaves me an option for a Rhyme shield (provided the Shael drops).

thanks for the laydown Colorless... Ever got over that hangover? :p
Done with the tundra parts now. Lots happened. On a sad note, my Chance Guards no longer have the full 9 durability, only 8 now. One: I forgot to take them off after a pack of Hell Lord Frenzytaurs was offed by the merc. 2 : Without noticing, I had aquired the 'ignore merc' bug. Even with the merc in front, I walked into a group of Fire Boars and some suiciders... That's when I realzied I still had the guards on. Oh well... Still 7 durability points to waste :p

Finally completed my first set... Isenharts. Also found my first unique shield, a Stormguild. It is equipped. I tried to read up on Faster Block Rate, but the Arreat Summit remains quiet. Does anyone know what it does? MOre hits blocked, I guess?
And a Thul Rune dropped. Only 1 rune left in the common rune section. Still, runewise, all has been pretty crappy.
Merlin The Wizzard said:
Also found my first unique shield, a Stormguild. It is equipped. I tried to read up on Faster Block Rate, but the Arreat Summit remains quiet. Does anyone know what it does? MOre hits blocked, I guess?
If you block an attack, a blockin animation will be performed by your character. Duration of that animation depends on character (sometimes even on weapon type) and on your total amount of FBR. You can find the table in the Diablo 2 Strategy Compendium.
A barb for example has a blocking animation of 7 frames. that means that every block takes 7/25 seconds to perform. FBR does actually lower the frames per block, so you don't stay as long in Hit Recovery (where you are unable to do anything). E.g. 20% FBR will reduce the duration of a barbarian's blocking animation to 5 frames.
The same modus is true for FHR, btw.

btw, I wonder, what gave you the idea, since Stormguild doesn't have Faster Block Rate? 😃

EDIT: Decided to do my update for today:

202 grailers: +202
4 TC3s: +4
3 semi-rare runes: +6
1 rare rune: +4 (clicky for HF drop)
Normal Polearms complete: +1
9 Cathan's Seals: +1

Total: 229
Te MFO is officially over to me so I can put some effort in this tourney. My trapper, my frist official assassin, hit Cloister WP. In the way, she grabbed a nice unique, Pelta Lunata, and a Tir rune :rolleyes:
She's doing a lot of melee work because traps simply can't kick anything (yet). Still they are a nice backup. Oh and CoS is simply an amazing skill!!

Cheerz!! 👋
Grailers: 16
TC3s: 2
Common Runes: 10

Just finished the Countess NM. She dropped a Thul and a Nef rune. Other finds this update were Ethereal Treads of Cthon, The Battlebranch, and Vidala's Ambush.
Well Baal died... twice. And those weren't very fun fights at p8. First drop : nothing. 2nd drop : 1 visceratuant. Which is pretty useless for a barb, really. The other exceptional unique that has dropped was a riphook.
Next up, cows.
Finished Act1 at lvl 20. I thought Andariel would be a hard fight, but my shadow manage to tackle her nicely and the CBS did the rest. Even my rogue merc manage to survive the fight! Andy droped only a unique, Deathspade. So i continued to act 2 and killed Radament. By there, my melee damage started to be almost neglectable (a gemmed claw?!?) and my traps didnt do enough damage. So i took my countess drop, a Tir rune :rolleyes:, and with an EL I made a Steel Runeword in a Flail. Boy, what an improvement!!

Around Lost City, I hit lvl 24 and so the almighty Lightning Sentry!! Well, not almighty but LS is much superior compared to CBS. The Claw Viper was easy, no Mummies there.

Next stop: Arcane Sanctuary searching the Horizon Urinol... eeehh ...Journal!

Score: 2 Uniques - 2 points
1 TC3 - 1 point
3 common runes - El, Eld, Tir - 3 points

Total - 6 Points

Cheerz! 👋
@Grisu : Ah, forgot to reply :p Well, the answer was, I switched OUT a rare spiked shield with 30% FBR for the Stormguild :p That's the reason I asked.

@Raskah. Good move man! Steel is a nice little runeword. As far as damage goes, you would probably be boggled that my barb has pretty much wielded the Gull throughout all the acts, letting the merc do his killing. Talk about minimal damage output :p

Cows were no different. Crap, crap and more crap. Crapperdycrap. I am quite sure, that if all those cows had started to poo together at once, they would not have been able to generate more crap then they did now... Ah well, you get the picture :p
Well, some things to note.
1) A new grailer... Vidala's Fetlock. I already have 3 of her barbs though :p
2) Another unique. Another Scythe. I now have only 1 polearm class weapon, but I got 4 of those... Death must be running short in his scythe shed :p
3) Finally a Sol dropped. Also another Ort. I think, if I cube up all my runes, I might be able to get an Amn. Not worth the effort and the point reduction though :p
Yay, I get to do an update!

Normal Uniques: 2 pts (Polearms, Crossbows)
Exceptional Uniques: 6 pts (Belts, Spears, Throwing)
Rings: 1 pt (Nagelring, Manald Heal, Dwarf Star, Raven Frost, Carrion Wind, Nature's Peace)
TC3s: 6 pts (Blinkbat's Form, Arctic Furs, Death's Hand, Hsarus' Iron Fist, Tancred's Hobnails, Vidala's Ambush)
Cathan's Seals: 2 pts (11x)
Normal Runes: 11 pts (all)
Mid Runes: 8 pts (Sol, Dol, Hel, Lum)

Ph34r t3h pwn.

-CG
@Ohomemgrande:As i promised, i sended to You my Pgems...Please check Your email box and let me know, if You received them...My email is [email protected]

@All:Good luck 👍
Merlin The Wizzard said:
@Raskah. Good move man! Steel is a nice little runeword. As far as damage goes, you would probably be boggled that my barb has pretty much wielded the Gull throughout all the acts, letting the merc do his killing. Talk about minimal damage output :p
I'm using a rogue merc, that right now is using a crapy rare long bow... so i couldn't rely on her to do the killing :rolleyes:

Merlin The Wizzard said:
3) Finally a Sol dropped. Also another Ort. I think, if I cube up all my runes, I might be able to get an Amn. Not worth the effort and the point reduction though :p
An amn would be nice to do a Strenght runeword. The crushing blow and leech are very useful in a melee character. And you could keep the gull on the off-hand weapon slot or on switch for uniques/boss killing.

@Colorless Gem: What kinda assassin are you using? You already found lots of items! 👍 What's your MF?

Stash came through OK.

@all: two weeks in. Don't get discouraged by CG's huge lead. We've still got 3-4 weeks left to catch up. Small update on who has paid the entrance fee:

Colorless Green
Grisu
Glenstorm
The ReadMenace
RIP
Ohomemgrande

I'd still like to try and have everyone "paid up" by 01/31.

OT: My score is over 100 now and I'm closing in on starting to run Hell Meph.
I am slowly cubing up Pgems now Oho... I think I have about seven (plus two ptopazz, but those come wrapped in an artisans helmet :p )

My MF is now 323% (me alone, the merc is totally focused on combat... he sort of needs to be, since he is the one best equipped to kill...)
Well, Dexy bit the big one against Diablo's RLBOD, with my low life there was very little I could do to survive it and my merc/valk poofed almost instantly. Its a shame as I was really starting to get into it with her. I have a dilemma now, because she never got up to 15 PGems. Altogether she collected, 3 perfect, 7 flawless, 5 standard, 8 flawed and 105 chippies. Cubed up that comes to 7 perfect gems plus some change. I'm quite happy to send this in or be removed from the competition or add my graliers to the prize or whatever.

I have learnt one lesson though - not to mix tournaments. Keeping in with the rules of this, the no vit and ladder was just a bit too much.

Dexy's final points were:
Grailers: 14
Common runes: 9
TC3s: 2
Total: 25
Bummer on the loss of another valiant hero. Please go ahead and cube up whatever you can and send the Pgems. 7 gems is two rerolls and part of another!
Grailers: +20
TC3s: +2
Common Runes: +10

Currently at the Far Oasis in Act2 NM. A pair of Natalya's Soul boots dropped as well as a Bverrit Keep shield. Killing going much faster with my NM Act 2 Offensive merc.
Tagged the Outer Cloister WP (but prolly going to rerun Countess a little bit).
With the steady amount of topazzes dropping around me, I decided to cube up a last ptopazz for the helmet, and then try to fill a 3os breastplate with flawless topazzes. Those projects have been completed, so I have a nice MF now :p

Equipment wise little has changed. I have exchanged my belt with some +mana for a Razortail when it dropped, and haven't regretted it so far. Allows me a slightly more active role with the Gull. It's safe going though, since I simply use WarCry if the moron is surrounded. For casters, I taunt all the minions, and once they are close, I warcry them, and run to the other side of the merc. He is continually surrounded, but manages just fine with the BO and shout boost :p

A Dol rune dropped in the Mausoleum I think (or the Crypt). The Countes was nice enough to drop a Hel and two Ort runes. Score breakdown:
Grailers : +80
TC3 : 5 +5
Runes : Common 10, Semi Rare 3 = +16
Cathan Seals(5) = +1
--------------------------------------------
Hit the jail waypoint, and added only 2 new grailers. ery little, but still, an update worth mentioning, because the kill speed greatly improved. In the countess tower, apart from 3 crappy runes from the ol' lady herself, 2 exceptional greens dropped. First, Sazabi's mental sheath Basinet. Second... Hwanin's Justice. I figured well, let's put that little baby in the moron's hands, and see if he can dispense some justice himself. I quickly established that he indeed can :p He managed to singlehandedly wipe out the barracks faster then I could with myself and the rogue in normal combined :p

Let me tell you, I ain't done running that tower.... I like the way the countess is treating me so far :p

EDIT : I hit 11 Perfect Gems now. Should I die, I can still easily get your 15 Pgems together from all the chippies, flaweds and normals I still have left.
Time for an update:
Grailers: 112
Common Runes: 11
Semi-rare: 2 (+4)
Cathan's Seals: 9 (+1)
Still no TC3's

Cool finds: Blade of Ali Baba, Tal's Ammy, 29% Nagelring. The Tal's Ammy was actually the first green amulet I found with this guy.

Right now I'm lvl 77 and I'm doing some Pits runs to change things up a bit and level.
Lets keep accounts current. Forgot to mention my cruelest moment so far.
ONce I beat Griswold, a sword dropped. Interesting, because I took a swords weapons mastery. More interesting, it was rare. Even more interesting, it was an elite sword... to be precise, a legend sword. Oh my oh my, the joy! But less intersting (in fact, extremely annoying)... it was ethereal. Rats.

A 3rd visit in the tower yielded nothing but a tal and an eth rune, so I reckoned it was time to move on. No hassles, just follow the merc and keep him alive (slightly more taunting, since his new poker has no LL on it). MOre interesting drops as well... Another nagelring for one, also crap, but now I have 2 nagels with 20 MF :p (the one with 17 is stashed). A Culwen's point war sword dropped, which is nice, but not a mind boggling sword... I think I prefer the Hellplague longsword. A better find was the Kelpie Snare. I keep it in my stash, since the merc (and me too) are having a ball with Hwanin's justice. I am up to 13 PGems now, and I have the means to cube up another one the moment I start my next session.
Score:
292 grailers: +292
4 TC3s: +4
complete Normal Polearms: +1
complete exceptional Throwing Weapons/Daggers: +4
6 semi-rare runes (Sol-Lum): +12
1 rare rune (Mal): +4
4/9 Unique rings: +1
13 Cathan's Seals: +2

Total: 331

You better get going, CG 😁
btw, have I told you about the ethereal Bonehew? We could start an ethereal grail tourney :)
Code:
Name            Total    Found #    Found %    Not Found # Not Found %
All Unique items    378    201    53.17%    177        46.83%
All Set Items        127    91    71.65%    36        28.35%
Normal Uniques        117    90    76.92%    27        23.08%
Exceptional Uniques    119    74    62.18%    45        37.82%
Elite Uniques        85    21    24.71%    64        75.29%
Jewelry            30    9    30.0%    21        70.0%
Class-Specific Items    27    7    25.93%    20        74.07%
Major update here. From Normal A2 to Nightmare A1!! I pick up my character in the Arcane Sanctuary. Duriel went down easily. My shadow managed to tank him and my CBS and my rogue merc did the rest (roasted bug for dinner!! yuk!).

Act3 was a bit annoying. Those flayers didnt stop running around so i started using LS more often. The Council was easy. MB simply rules!! Mephisto also ended up shocked to death (gogo moat trick!!) but had his revenge (=super crapy drops!).

At the beggining of Act4 i tried to shop some +1 traps claw but it was taking too long so i decided to do the shopping in act 5. Act 4 wasn't that hard. My LS started to do a nice damage due all the points i invested in it. Diablo was tricky. One fire ring and my shadow goes puff, two fire rings / one red lightning = merc roasted. So end up running around and my traps did the dirty job. Fade was very useful in here.

Finally Act5. Things went smoothly, now that LS was fully kicking in. Shopped a nice pair of +1 assassin skills claw and also grabbed a +1 assassin skills amulet. So Anya was rescued, Nihlathak went for a trip to hell, Ancients plumped down in a golden sleep... Who's missing?! Oh, that guy... Men that guy was reeeaaally annoying. The moment i enter the throne he summons his evil twin. I kill his evil twin (i was sick of being blasted from everywhere!) he summons it again, i kill his evil twin again, he summons it again! Seriously this guy has issues... Did he do that because i have a shadow and a merc or just because he was having a bad day? Anyway he went day and left a pair of Bloodfists and a golden ring!!... A dwarf star!? :shocked: WHERE'S IS MY NAGEL!?!?!?!

Now she's in nightmare, resists are ugly like hell but she can kill safely from distance so i think she'll manage herself until Mephisto.

Score:
17 grailers: +17
1 TC3s: +1
9 common runes: +9
1 semi-rare runes (Sol): +1

Total: 28

Cheerz! 👋
Goings slow, but I swear theres gonna be a marathon gaming session after the 26th...

I must say the act bosses hate me. I have not gotten even 1 unique or set item from them, just awful rares/magics that dont even fetch much price for my gambling...

14 Grailers
1 T3
15 Runes(Got lucky on runes, 1 Dol, 1 Sol, 1 Shael all from Glacial Trail in Normal)

Total: 30
I dont believe this! Update later, but now I have about 8 exceptional items total, 4 set items, 4 uniques... and of those 8, I have 3 doubles! 2 Sharkskin and two razor bows unique, and one bill green... Can you believe that?

Oh, and btw. PGems send.
Received gems from Merlin and yiuman.

Just got to HF and got an Ist. Perhaps something for the Ali Baba??
Finally i hit Nightmare Mephisto! Time for some boss running!

Score Update:

38 grailers: +38
9 common runes: +9
1 semi-rare runes (Sol): +2

Total: 49

@ohomemgrande: pgems sent! Check your e-mail!
Grailers : +100
TC3 : 5 +5
Runes : Common 10, Semi Rare 5 = +20
Cathan Seals(5) = +1

Hit the 100 (Finally). Going is incredibly slow, but it remains fun for me :p My personal challenge is to see how lang I can manage to be nothing but backup spellwise to the merc with my gull in hand. Needless to say, this makes nighmare full clear at p8... slow :p Still very safe though, with Howl, Warcy maxed and taunt ot help ease pressure on the moron. I only help with the act bosses, or when I encounter a physical immune hero (oh and one Stone skinned Greater mummy guy, who healed faster then the moron could damge him) Tagged the Arreat Summit WP.
Two more semi rare runes dropped... a Shael and a Lum. Also lost another durability on my eth chance guards... only 7 left of the original 9
Received gems from Raskah & Ambrodel.
btw: Do runes from RWs cout to the score? That is if I use for example my Mal to make a RW, do I still get the 4 points if I have no other Mal left?
I think that is should count since you did find the rune and there are no rules on how you can use the rune. Ohomemgrande will have the final answer.

-Ambrodel
Just so I'm consistent, I'll refer you to post #75.

I think the answer is yes. The only way it wouldn't count is if you cubed it up to the next rune and didn't have it at all.

What RW are you going to make? or are you saving up for CTA?

Grailers: +28
TC3s: +2
Total: 40

Not much to update about the items i have found. I am finally at NM Meph, so I might stick around here for a bit and see if I cannot get a few more items before moving on.
Score Update:
38 grailers: +58
10 common runes: +10
2 semi-rare runes (Sol; Dol): +4
Total: 73

Result of one hour of farming NM Meph (after getting a good map!) Still i miss a source of tele, gambled lots of ammys but no luck yet... With some luck and 220 % MF (need to upgrade my 25% mf circlet) a Steelspell will drop... 😁
Score Update:
139 grailers: +139
4 semi-rare runes: +8 (Sol, Shael, Hel, Lum)
1 rare rune: +4 (Ist)
10 Cathan's Seals: +2
4/9 unique rings: +1 (Nagelring, Manald Heal, Dwarf Star, Raven Frost)

Total: 165

Looks like I'm set to make the next big jump up to CG & Grisu levels.
Score Update:
102 grailers: +102
1 TC3: +1
10common runes: +10
2 semi-rare runes: +4 (Sol, Dol)
Total: 117

Made about 50 NM Mephisto runs but i got bored as only a handful of grailers droped. So i decided to continue the game and now i'm in Hell Act2 in Arcane sanctuary, having another handful of grailers dropped in the meanwhile.
Grailers: 358
Normal Uniques: 4 pts (Spears, Polearms, Maces, Crossbows)
Exceptional Uniques: 18 pts (Belts, Axes, Bows, Crossbows, Daggers, Scepters, Spears, Wands, Throwing)
Rings: 1 pt (Nagelring, Manald Heal, Dwarf Star, Raven Frost, Carrion Wind, Nature's Peace)
TC3s: 7 pts (Vidala's Ambush, Tancred's Hobnails, Hsarus' Iron Fist, Death's Hand, Arctic Furs, Felloak, Blinkbat's Form)
TC87s: 4 pts (Bul-Kathos' Sacred Charge, Griswold's Valor)
Cathan's Seals: 3 pts (17x)
Common Runes: 11 pts (all)
Mid Runes: 12 pts (Sol, Shael, Dol, Hel, Lum, Um)

Out of curiosity, do the TC3 and TC87 bonuses only apply to the first of each that we find, or do they apply to every one we find? Like, if I've got two gris' helm's, do I get 2 bonus points or 4? The rules on the rune bonus points specifically mention that only the first of each counts, but this one doesn't, so I just wanted to make sure.

Also, I'm moving tomorrow morning, so I've been really busy packing and cleaning and stuff for the past while, and as of tonight I won't have access to the internet for a while. I should be able to get on at a library or something to post an updated score at the end of the tourney, but don't expect much in the way of updates between now and then. I will, however, have my computer with me in my new non-internet-having living situation, and I won't have much to do besides search for houses (I'm staying with a friend), so I expect to get a lot more MF'ing in.

Good luck everybody!

-CG
Only the first of each item counts for bonus points. You're setting the bar pretty high. Actually, I'm more impressed that 3 of the top 5 scores are HC. I would have thought the SC crowd would be closer to the top.
hehe - waited for that moment, lurking in the shadows, just to come out of the darkness and strike CG down with an even better update :evil:
wait a moment...yeah...right...he's playing the assassin and I am the good guy...well...umm...

369 Grailers: +369
9 Normal Unique categories: +9
(Wands, Swords, Staves, Spears, Polearms, Maces, Crossbows, Axes, Belts)
6 Exceptional Unique categories: +12 (Gloves, Boots, Bows, Daggers, Spears, Throwing)
5 Uniques Rings: +1 (Nagelring, Manald Heal, Dwarf Star, Raven Frost, Wisp Projector)
12 TC3s: +12 (Greyform, Lenymo, The Gnasher, Felloak, Bane Ash (finally!!!), Rixot's Keen, Torch of Iro, Death's Guard, Death's Hand, Hsarus' Iron Fist, Infernal Cranium, Tancred's Hobnails)
1 TC87: +2 (Griswold's Valor)
30 Cathan's Seals: +6
11 Common Runes: +11
8 Semi-Rare Runes: +16
(Sol, Shael, Dol, Hel, Io, Lum, Fal, Lem)
1 Rare Rune: +4 (Mal)

Total: +442

Been running Normal Andy (~200 runs), Hell Mephisto (~800 runs), Hell Eldritch (umm, hard to tell - a few thousand?) and only some Pindle (<100). Also some LK runs (~60).

Plans are: Running Mephisto for the missing exceptional uniques, than going to run and level at RoF/CS.
Enjoy it while you can... you're 11 grailers ahead of me when I've spent the last two weeks with barely any time at all for diablo what with all the packing and cleaning and going away parties and stuff. As of tomorrow evening, the only possessions I'll have that aren't in a storage unit are my computer, my chair, a table, and my bed.

:wink2:

-CG

edit: While I'm at it, I figure this is a good time to mention that I'm within a small number of percentage points of my non-ladder L96 blizzsorc in terms of effective MF over run time on pindle. In other words, sustainable ~20s/run, >500MF (blizzsorc maintains about ~18s/run, ~450MF). I predict parity once I find another couple pieces of eq. I chose this build largely for it's pindle proficiency, but I wasn't expecting quite these speeds with my equipment not even finished yet. I really should try a few runs with my non-ladder trapper at some point to see if I can outdo my blizzsorc.
At the beginning of Act IV NM now. I think my barb has reached about his max for MF - purposes, with 3Ptopazz Great Helm (72) + 4 PTopazz Gothic Plate(96) + Gull(100) + Rhyme(25) + 2* 20MF Nagel(40) + amulet(23) + Heavy Gloves(25) +Heavy Boots(19) = 390 %. The moron has nothing. Since I switch the gloves for my eth chance guards at the end of boss fights and unique fights, I top at 405 MF. It'll have to do I guess.

Needless to say, my damage output is pretty pathtic with the Gull. Luckily enough, the thing is very fast. I collected some large charms and 2 small charms with IMHO semi-decent lightning damage modifiers on it for some extra punch. Usually, I just sing, unless I encounter stone skin heroes or some such.
It took me two and a half hours to clean out the Durance lvl 2 (which spawned as large as I have ever seen it, with the waypoint all the way top left, and the exit all the way bottom right. I rerolled that map :p
I still use the Hellplague as my Zerk weapon, I am desperately trying to get something better, but no luck so far.

The two and a half hour cleaning session of the Durance 2 was bearable, however, since I found the items I needed to complete three sets :p (I only had two finished at that time, Cathan's and Isenharts(the latter three times over)). Now, I have added Angelic Raiment, Berserker's set and Sigon's gear to that mix. I replaced my Razortail belt with a String of Ears(Mephy's drop), which has the crappiest possible stats, but should still offer a better protection, with 13% PDR and magic dam reduced by 10.

I guess I will try and push on towards Diablo (that is going to be a joyous fight with a Gull wielding barb :p) with the rhyme, I have about max Fire and lightning resist, with Battle command on, they are both maxed out... That might help :p

Skill distribution : Combat Skills - Berserk 8 - (All prerqs 1, also in 1 in Leap and Leap attack)
Combat masteries : Sword Mastery 3, NAtural resistance and Iron Skin 1.
Warcries - Warcry(20), Battle orders(16), Howl(3), Shout(2) <= Mistake, that one, lucky it synergizes with berserk :p, Find Item(4), Grim Ward(3), all other skills 1.
I am currently lvl 65. Stats : Str 130, Dex 100, Vit 170, Energy 10.
With BO on, my life is somewhere around 1,7 K. Peanuts, but for this stage in the game, more then plentiful. Still haven't used Grim Ward all that much, but iit is my intention to do so should the necessity arise (I much prefer to hork the corpses, 2b honest :p). My prime goal for now (apart from finding nice gold and green items of course) is to get a good sword (I don't mind to go two handed, as long as it is fast and has decent damage output).

[highlight]EDIT :[/highlight]
Ok, questions :p
1) A while back, I found this bow :
Rare Cedar Bow Dire Fletch Dam 10-37
+136 AR
+8 max dam
123% Enh.Dam vs. Undead
+105 AR vs Undead
[highlight]318 poison damage over 9 seconds[/highlight]

I have never seen such high poison damage output on a bow before. Would this be a reasonable bow for some ranged poison dealing build? Str and dex requirements are pretty low, so it could be used by many classes...

2) Gambling session yielded me these swords :
a) Savage Rune sword of Carnage <== (1handed, fast attack speed)
b) Vicious Great Sword of Evisceration <== (Very high end damage wise)
c) Rare Bastard Sword Fiend Impaler (94% enh. dam, +7 max dam, 1-94 Lighnint Dam, Prevent monste rheal, +19 mana, 7 poison damage over 3 seconds) <== Currently inclined towards this one. Prevent mosnter heal, reasonable
enhanced damage, nice added lightning damage, and the 19 mana would mean a nice boost for zerking with BO on
d) Rare Broad Sword Death thirst (+2 combat skills, +30% IAS, +48 max dam (lvl dependent), +14 AR and 9% LS)
This one is probably better then the rune sword at a. It is faster, still 1 handed, more damage for Zerking. Still, 9% LS is quite useless, and no enhanced damage (apart from max dam) or elemental damage).

I reckon I will keep d in my stash, and work with c twohanded. Should that prove to dangerous, I could always swap. They do about the same damage at the max end of the spectrum (the bastard sword 68, the broad sword currently 65). What pick is best for my build?
Re: Untwinked MF Tourney III

Update time. I Pat'ed my Cheesydin and Baal of all things dropped my first TC3 (and coincidently, the last normal unique for my grail.) Mephy has been very kind today giving me a Shako, Skullder's Ire, and Gheeds Charm, and Wizardspike.

Grailers: 206
TC3's: +1 (Blinkbat's Form)
Common Runes: +11
Semi-Rare Runes: +8 (Sol, Shael, Hel, Lum)
Rare Runes: +4 (Ist)
Cathan's: +2 (12 green rings)
Unique Rings: +1 (Nagelring, Manald Heal, Dwarf Star, Raven Frost, Nature's Peace)

Small update. Tagged the river of flame waypoint, finally got my whole row of common runes, and the Hell forge dropped an Io rune for me.
Finally got to use the Grim Ward, and it's extremely useful. Since it lasts for quite some time, it effectively blocks one side, which is quite useful for the merc, since his kill speed isn't exactly optimal. A nice SC dropped on me as well, With 1-20 Lightning damage and MF +3. Highest Lightning damage modifier I have seen so far on a Small charm.

The list now :
Grailers : 125 +125
Cathans seals : 5 + 1
TC3 : 5 + 5
Runes, Common : 11 + 11
Runes, Semi-rare : 6 + 12
(Sol, Shael, Dol, Hel, Io, Lum)
[/QUOTE]

Diablo died. He dropped crap, so I will probably rerun him. Especially, since I found him easy as hell. It's only the way towards him that is hard. It just takes a while to drop him at p8, but Diablo decided to focus on me. With the CBF from Rhyme I could melee him without fear of slowing, my sword has 30% IAS so I hit often, and also connect often. He on the other hand was slow as hell, due to the moron's kelpie snare. I could easily dodge his hose and firestorm, not that I really had too, since my lifepool was more then big enough to tank it. It just takes forever and a day to kill him. Only 1 new grailer, but a second Amn dropped as well.

Not sure where baal fits in, but if I have to list the act bossess from easiest to hardest in NM so far, I'd have to make it Diablo - Andariel/Duriel (they tie) - Mephisto. Truth to tell, I found none very hard.

Finally found myself a worthy unique sword... The Atlantean. Of course, I am now heavily burdened with +skills on my equipment: +3 to pally skill levels on the alternate weapon slot (shield and sword), and +1 to amazon skill levels as well (my mf ammy). Ain't that something? 😁 Needless to say, I have nothing with +to barb skills :p

Tagged the Arreat Plateau waypoint. Now have 5 nagelrings, all with mf 20 or lower 😁 Still nothing worthy for an update here... Hope to pass Rip soon though.
Grailers: +41
TC3s: +4
Semi Rare Runes: +2
Total: 57

Grailers : 140 +140
Cathans seals : 6 + 1
TC3 : 5 + 5
Runes, Common : 11 + 11
Runes, Semi-rare : 6 + 12
(Sol, Shael, Dol, Hel, Io, Lum)
Total: 169

First serious NDe in nightmare... And a very stupid mistake by yours truly. Just before going into Nihlataks lovely little outhouse/bunker, I decided to run some of the superuniques on the map for items. Turned out Trsh Socket was not just cursed, but also Fire Enchanted. Still forgot, with my sleepy head, to walk away when he died... Ouch. My health went from 1598 full to 58. That was a major scare, let me tell you. Thank god for (Reasonably)high vit, max fire resist and BO!
Enter the Halls of Nihlatak. At the entrance of the very first map area, I find what all of my area mobs will be... Scarabs (ouch), Temple guards(easy) and Frenzytaurs(forgot which kind... but they all suck anyways 😆) Unfortunately enough, I found out becuase I was mobbed by a champion pack of frenzytaurs, tons of normal scarabs along with a scarab hero with lower resist aura(OUCH!) and some Temple guards. My moron died in 5 seconds or so. So what do i do? I go back up, tp back, ress the merc, re-enter, immediately stun and leave the moron to die while walking away some distance, tp back, ress the merc and try to make some headstart away from that mob. That was a costly tactic, but it worked indeed. It was on this area that my first ever immortal king set item dropped... Yay! The helmet to be exact, absolutely crap roll though (MF at 27, thats 2 more then lowest, none of the other rolls were much better). Still, its a part of the set!
Enter lvl 2. No mob there at the entrance, but this one made me decide to quit for the night... I got flayers, Vile Mothers and those guest mob unqiue quill rat guys. The situation that made me quit was about 40-50 flayers all plinking away, along with a stone skinned Vile mother and her minions, who all merrily spewed forth little buggers while my moron tried to make some leeway with the flayers. By the time I was done, my eyes were drooping, so I quit.
Next time, new roll. Again flayers, this time backed up by blood maggots and hierophants +Zealots. Argh. It took some doing to clear it, but I evetually did. And the immortal king warbelt dropped as well!
At the nihlatak level it was somewhat easier, only wraiths (one of which dropped a spiritual GC), Slayers and Tomb Vipers. I got first hand experience on the annoying poison problem, since all fo a sudden my merc got poisoned and died five steps later, while my health dropped with 200 points a sec or so. Panic! Lucky enough for me, they die easy enough...
Nihlatak posed no threat to my Atlantean and a lvl 13 berserk. I pushed on, and now have the Frozen Tundra WP as well. In these parts, a burning GC of sustenance dropped, as well as Tal's Lidless eye. The tundra was real easy too, with only weak lightning returned mages, Blood Temptresses and Hell Spawn, all easy to drop by the merc. But there were Blood lords in the dnugeon area, which proved to be highly resistant to physical damage, forcing me to work with my sword again. So the ancients are getting closer and closer...

Grailers : 280 +280
Cathans seals : 21 +4
TC3 : 1 +1
Runes, Common : 11 +11
Runes, Semi-rare : 4 +8
Runes, rare: 1 +4
Normal Unique groups: (Crossbows, Spears) +2
Exceptional Unique groups: (Daggers, Throwing) +4
Unique Rings: 5/9 +1
Total: 315

Dropped Baal, so I am now a Conqueror. Finally found a 2os Executioner Sword as well, so I am going to make Strength in it and use that for Zerking, instead of the atlantean. Don't get me wrong, I love the damage output, but I feel a dire need for some CB in this build.. I have not found anything uuseful in the set/uniques items collected so far.

The ancients were easy. I decided to run in a straight line to the entrance of the Summit from the WP. BAd move. Turned out the Ancient Way spawned with Frenzytaurs and Dark Lancers. Argh. Merc died to the very first pack I encountered (which happened to be a Currsed Fanatic Frenzytaur). I got the curse as well, and kept jumping in stacks of those 2 hooved terrors. And if I managed to evade them, I was almost immediately swamped by those lancers. All in all, it cost me 2 super healing and 2 full rejuvs to finally enter the summit. The ancients I tackled at p8, no problem. Korlic got teleportation, MAdawc was Extra Strong and The whirler(forgot his name) got Spectral hit. I simply seperated them, and then zerked them to death.

The WSK was a treat(NOT). First lvl : Zealots with Hierophants, Frenzytaurs and some other tough melee mob (forgot which, might have been Infidels).
Second lvl was easy, if not very satisfying, wqith those exploding boars and hoards of horror poison mages. Third lvl had Black souls and some other mobs... Not sure anymore, but the throneroom held Dark Lords, Frenzytaurs and those succubi. As far as the waves were concerned, turned out Vectar the unholy was more resistant to my zerking then lister :p

Baal was a ten minute whackfest. Didn't need to quaff even 1 superhealing potion (allthough I needed plenty of mana pots). So he fought like crap, naturally, his drop was crap as well (it seems like the holy law of diablo :p) 1 green item, Vidala's Fetlock (woot).

Ran baal a couple more times. Well, baal and the Superuniques I always check. My last run was the crappiest baal wise (no green/golds), but I got all sorts of goodies from the SU's and mobs in between, a Boneflesh platemail, a Tancred's Spine, a Husoldal Evo, an Impaler, an Ironstone, an EndlessHail... That was a sweet run :p

Gambled a Death's Guard, the TC3 sash, for the +1 there.

I did the cow level. Doing cows nightmare p8 with a zerking barb is a loooong (very safe), looooong proces. Nothing useful dropped as well (apart from an Amn rune, which I already had)... Well, until the Cow king. He dropped his hide, that was cool :p This will make Bartholomew officially my first HC char ever to enter Hell. Yay me!

Well, my barb has entered hell... And is doing fine so far (allthough there has been an NDE, and the merc croeakd 5 times already. I just tagged the Dark Wood waypoint. With 3 more levels and the quest reward I finally managaed to max Berserk. It works splendidly when coupled with the Atlantean. My vit it still reasonably good with BO, trying to pump my strength and dex to be able to wield the elite items, should they fall.
Finds. Mostly gold. Perfect Stormstrike Tabar was nice! My very first elite unique for HC dropped as well... A near antiperfect Gimmershreds. Got an almost antiperfect Skystrike as well, and a Golden Gothic bow with average stats, a Carin Shard, a fetid sprinkler and some other items i don't remember. Goings are quite slow at p5, but the many often hard mobs keep it quite interesting. And lots of hotkeying as well, with each drop switching back to the gull for maximal MF :p

Finished Act 1 without too many problems (Andariel was a pain at p5 though, especially since my poison resistace was about... 0) She dropped nothing useful, btw.
Next act. No problems until Radament. Big problems at multishotting extra strong radamen tthough, since he dealt massive posion damage. Finally got it so he focussed on the merc. He was stone skin as well, so it took quite some time to zerk him down, while I kept a steady Superhealth drain in my mercs veins. But it worked, in the end, radament died.
So, enter the desert. Waht a change! So easy! Nothing hard, nothing difficult. Not a care in the world... until I enter the stony tomb. Let me give you a somewhat simplified account of my adventure in the stony tomnb

'Heh, that was easy, let's see if the stony tomb holds something!
* enter tomb. See only one immune to physical horror unique skellie with fanaticism around his feet. Croak merc. Exit tomb *
'Damn. Ah well, back to town, ress the moron, try again.'
*enter tomb. Now I also notice a second hero... Dung soldier, Stone Skin, Cursed and Extra Strong... And he came with a fanaticism aura from the other hero under his feet. Merc goes... croak. Leave tomb*
'Uh oh. Well, back to town, ress merc... Perhaps a bit of extra LR on my main char? Swap one of the nagelrings for a FR22, LR15 ring in cube. New tactic... Try to find a better spot to clean out, and clear the tomb from there.'
*enter tomb. Howl. War cry. Leap attack in one of the hallways. Another leap attack to a door. Merc dies. Open door. Another hero behind it, Stone skin, immune to physical, Lightning enchanted and Extra Fast Lightning burning dead mage. Coupled with about 6 or 7 Dung soldiers. Eep. TP out*
'Another merc ress... Ehmm... I can ress him 5 more times with my rapidly dwindling money supply. Let's try another hallway!'
* Walk to tomb. Enter tomb. Howl. Battle Cry. Leap attack into another hallway. 2 leaps, another room. Another hero. Merc lives! But he comes along wbringing the beetle hero along. So two heroes in theroom (another horror hero, AGAIN stone skin) = merc dead. But one hero less at the entrance! Tp out*
'Ok, perhaps I can clear the entrance... now? Ress merc, and enter tomb again.' This time, I can slowly kill the horror unique stone skin guy, by simply howling all his minions away constantly. It takes five minutes of zerking though. Drop the other minions (including the stray beetle ones). Go to the first room, draw out beetles and minion mages one at a time, after ten minutes re-enter, and kill the hero. Second room, draw out the beetle hero, kill him, and then kill the horrors. Finally, clean the last hallway, second level. Only one hero pack at the entrance, not stone skin on a horror hero, he was LE FE though. Still, much easier then his compadres up above. Drop hero1, 2, 3, creeping feature.
Only 1 good drop in this hell hole, but then, it was a really good drop :p A second string of ears, and where my first was utter crap, this one was pretty good, with max LS, max damage reduction and MD reduced by 13. Still crappy defense, but who cares, really? :p
Another good drop trying to tag the next waypoint... Unique Cuirrass, with a pretty decent roll as well. New merc armor! And update time!

I'm sorry to say, it's unlikely I'll acquire 15 pGems before Sunday. It's more the fact that I'm not getting as much time to play Diablo as I thought I would when this started. What I'm offering then is the following:

If the winner is ok with RWM\RRM pGems then I can send them 15 from my non-ladder stash as soon as the tourney ends and a winner is known.

If the winner would prefer Ladder or Vanilla pGems, then I'll carry on advancing Resolution and send 15 pGems as soon as I'm able.

I'm sorry about this, but it's the best I'm able to offer. :embarassed:

Well I just had some comp issues recently so I lost some of my stash/char, but it wasn't too bad since I had backups.

That really destroyed any intention for me to try to do well in this tournament, but I have the pgems and will send them once I have access to my stash

My quest has come to an end. Bartholomew died in act II Hell, the lost oasis.
In the midst of plenty of CB emitting beetles, he failed to spot the foul crow hero who was CE, LE, ES. And CE for bartie here was -20 so that kinda hurt :p
Ok, it was a good run though, I had fun with him :p

No need to update the tables, no new grailers/runes since the last table update :p

It's a shame to hear about your deeds, Merlin! Especially after the drop-out in the SUTC4...I thought it was great that you managed to get so far with your Gull-wielding barbarian - to take a barb in an untwinked MF tourney in the first place is a great move worth mentioning! gg and more luck in your own tourney:thumbsup:

EDIT: Since I'm already posting...assuming I'd win some of the gems though I play self-found...would taking gems for rerolling cause people to not consider me self-found anymore? Just wondering...anyways, might well be I don't win anything (anyone heard from CG? When did he say he'll be back?), but just in case...

I'll wait with my final update till Sunday though...but as some might have guessed from the ITF, it doesn't look bad at all :)

OK, so this is over, right? Did some more MFing until midnight and went to bed afterwards. Have to go to work now, so I'll count my score and post the final update later today. Unfortunately I didn't manage to get all exceptional uniques...but oh well.

So this tourney ended yesterday (Sunday)?! In the last weeks, I've been away from D2 (RL can be a total b**** sometimes...) so my score in this tourney is a bit crapy.
Still, I managed to get a trapper in Hell Act 5, my frist assassin that went further than Normal Act 1, and also found some grail items!

I post my final score when i get home from work (if the tourney really ended...)

@Merlin: Sorry for your lose! That’s why I don’t play hardcore 😁 I can’t imagine what I would do if I lose my assassin in Hell Act 5 after all I passed with her (already had a few deaths). You had a lot of guts to play a untwinked MF Barb! Anyway, I enjoyed your posts and hope to see more from your hardcore characters.

See ya! 👋

Yes-the tournament ended. I lost some steam this past week as I really got into my "no-vita" tourney character but hopefully I'll still end up with a respectable score. Please post final scores for any last finds by end of the day on Tuesday (I've got a slight upgrade to make). I'd like to get prize stashes sent out on Wednesday to the winners.

It sounds like there are still some outstanding Pgems. If you are going to send them to me, please do so ASAP.

@SiTro: I'll let the winner decide to take you up on your offer.

Using gems from others would make you technically not self-found any more. But seeing as being self found and trading/MP is impossible, you would only lose the tag "self-found", there are no other consequences.

@all, sorry, I knew I would be focusing on reaching 99 with my other char for the first couple months of ladder but I thought I would be able to make a bit more time for this tourney.

OK, here's my final update:

(Link to my Flavie ladder report)

- 444 grailers: +444
- 11 complete normal unique categories (Boots, Belts, Axes, Crossbows, Maces, Polearms, Scepters, Spears, Staves, Swords, Wands): +11
- 15 complete exceptional unique categories (Armor, Shields, Gloves, Boots, Belts, Axes, Bows, Crossbows, Daggers, Maces, Polearms, Spears, Swords, Wands, Throwing): +30
- 3 complete elite unique categories (Gloves, Crossbows, Throwing): +12
- 9 (all) unique rings: +5
- 10 unique amulets (all except for Metalgrid, Seraph's Hymn): +2
- 3 Rainbow Facets (Fire/Die, both Lightning Facets): +2
- 16 TC3s (Greyform, Hotspur, Lenymo, The Gnasher, Felloak, Knell Striker, Bane Ash, Rixot's Keen, Torch of Iro, Arctic Furs, Death's Guard, Death's Hand, Hsarus' Iron Fist, Infernal Cranium, Tancred's Hobnails, Sander's Paragon): +16
- 7 TC87s (Templar's Might, Steelrend, BK Sacred Charge, BK Tribal Guardian, Griswold's Valor, IK Soul Cage, Natalya's Mark): +14
- 68 Cathan's Seals: +13
- 11 common runes (all): +11
- 11 semi-rare runes (all): +22
- 1 rare runes (Mal): +4

[highlight]Total Score: 586[/highlight]

Uff, this was exhausting...tried to get some more TC3s and TC87s as well as the few missing exceptional uniques - but no luck. Missed easy points with not finding a Nosferatu's Coil to complete the elite belts category and almost each TC3 or TC87 would have given me the points for the item plus the TC class bonus plus the bonus for a completed category. One week more and I might have managed to find some more of them.

Oh well, I'll see if that's enough to beat CG (or someone else, who was sneaking on our backs all along???:shocked:).

@jjscud: OK, thanks for the answer. Since I want to stay self-found and am HC, too (which would also be a problem because more than half of the stashes is SC), I won't take any gems - if I win anything at all, that is:rolleyes: *crosses fingers - needs points for SPF ladder*
oh wait - at least I could take the ones I sent... ;-)

EDIT: Some stats for the perfect grail hunters: I started a new perfect grail sheet for this tourney, and managed to get the following numbers:

Non-Ethereal
Total perfection: 73.00 %
Average perfection per item: 82.86 %
169 perfect items found
444 items found

Ethereal
Total perfection: 15.46 %
Average perfection per item: 59.67 %
13 perfect items found
78 items found

Thanks Raskah!
It was a fun ride, if at times frustratingly slow :p I am already working on a pally build HC, he will get travel updates come nightmare (if I make it there) :p And congrats on the trapper in A5 hell... nice work! Did you beat my score?

@Grisu Wow. Very impressive, especially with a HC char. I salute you!

- 153 grailers: +153
- 1 TC3 (Pelta Lunata): + 1
- 3 semi-rare runes (Dol, Io, Fal): +6
- 1 Rainbow Facet (poison lvl up): +2

[highlight]Total Score: 173 [/highlight]

Ok, this is my final score... I had spent very little time running bosses / areas 85 and my score reflects that. Anyway, this was my first assassin so I’m happy with the result. Erica Bane is now a lvl 83 Assassin in Hell Act 5 (Ancients WP). Hopefully she’ll fight Ancients soon.

@Grisu: Amazing score! How much time did you spend in MF?! You almost have a second grail... Anyway, congratulations! 👍 Now, only CG has a shot for the first place...

I really can't tell - I stopped taking run times some time ago because I found it too depressing ("1000 runs and still no TC87!!!!"). But with the exception of my 1.07 sorceress (I played her from Act V normal to the beginning of Act V NM), I haven't played other characters than him (Ok, I completed my first HF rush, which didn't take too long and did about 100 LK runs with my Meteorber...but that's almost nothing compared to the time I spent on my ladder character).

I guess I played 3-4 hours a day on average, maybe even a bit more??

But kudos to you for participating with a character you haven't played before at all:thumbsup: What next? Mat her and then?

- 296 grailers: +296
- 1 TC3 (Blinkbat's Form): + 1
- 4 semi-rare runes (Sol, Shael, Hel, Lum): +8
- 1 rare rune (Ist): +4
- 4/9 unique rings (Nagelring, Manald Heal, Dwarf Star, Ravenfrost, Nature's Peace): +1
- 24 Cathan's Seals: +4
- All normal crossbows/spears: +2
- All exceptional daggers/throwing: +4
- +35 bonus points

331 total points

@Grisu & Raska - I noticed an error in your bonus scores. To get the rainbow facet bonus, you need to have at least one of each color to get the bonus i.e. 4 facets containing 1 poison, 1 fire, 1 cold, 1 lightning. I went ahead and fixed your final scores.

Ah! Ok, thanks! Was a misunderstanding, since I thought every pair (e.g. Lightning Level Up & Die) gave 1 point...

Oh my god. Have been doing anything else than running all the time? That is impressive, that's almost as much as I have gathered in 9 months :shocked:

congrats

Well, she's almost at Ancients but I don't think I can beat them yet... If both Korlic and Talic don't spawn lightning imune I might have a chance but still I would need to take down Madawc with my 1,2k Fireblast... That should be fun!

After that, maybe Meph and Pit runs.

@Grisu - That is very impressive! 4 hours aday for how many days? :scratch:
I'm getting tempted to start from scratch once again! Ah, the beaty of a fresh start!

@Grisu: You're HC compared with my SC character so I don't think you'll want pGems from me unless you have a SC project planned. Let me know if I'm wrong though, I'll send you some vanilla or modded ones of your choice.

Colourless Green: If Grisu turns down my pGems then as the highest placed SC player I'd offer them to you. Let me know.

Thank you for your offer, SiTro!

CS's update is still missing though, so we should maybe wait for his update? I don't know, Ohomemgrande has to decide on this. The thing is, CG did say he will be offline for a few days to weeks, but not how long exactly he will be away...his last activity was on January 26th.

If I should win, I think I might decide to donate the gems for the SP ladder. This way Ohomemgrande doesn't have to sort out my stash and they are all put to good use. Oh, and of course you wouldn't have to collect those missing gems, SiTro.

Since Grisu is in no big hurry to "use" gems, I don't have a problem with waiting for CG to get access back (as long as it isn't too too long). As far as SiTro's gems, I think they would be best used as a "donation" to the ladder or can go to CG if he's the eventual winner.

Grisu-you will definately get your entry fee back so you'll be able to use them and still remain "self-found". If you want to donate any additional gems back, we can figure that out as well.

I was wondering how your runners ended up. Here's mine:

Character name : Martin
Character type : Paladin; Cheesydin
Character level : **
Character exp : 1365947369

Strength : 109
Energy : 15
Dexterity : 154
Vitality : 237
Stat Points Rem : 5
Skill Points Rem: 0

Life : 935 / 925
Mana : 509 / 145
Stamina : 390 / 388

Gold (Inventory): 16430
Gold (Stash) : 990601

Skills: Fully synergized Blessed Hammer + ~10 points Holy Shield and some Resist Lightning

Looks like I ended up with 339% MF if I added it all up.

Equipment:

Code:
18: Harlequin Crest
Shako
Defense: 112
Durability: 12 of 12
Required Strength: 50
Required Level: 62
Item Level: 87
Fingerprint: 0xf58d79ca
+2 to Strength
+2 to Energy
+2 to Dexterity
+2 to Vitality
Damage Reduced by 10%
50% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items
+2 to All Skill Levels
+132 to Life (Based on Character Level)
+132 to Mana (Based on Character Level)

19: Chaos Necklace
Amulet
Required Level: 27
Item Level: 91
Fingerprint: 0xe7f7a0c1
+52 to Life
Lightning Resist +18%
4% Mana stolen per hit
24% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items
+1 to Paladin Skill Levels

20: Skullder's Ire
Russet Armor
Defense: 732
Durability: 90 of 90
Required Strength: 97
Required Level: 42
Fingerprint: 0xefe13b3c
+200% Enhanced Defense
Magic Damage Reduced by 10
+60 Maximum Durability
+1 to All Skill Levels
110% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items (Based on Character Level)
Repairs 1 durability in 5 seconds

21: Nagelring
Ring
Required Level: 7
Item Level: 58
Fingerprint: 0x2523a42e
+74 to Attack Rating
Magic Damage Reduced by 3
Attacker Takes Damage of 3
29% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items

22: Nagelring
Ring
Item Level: 75
Fingerprint: 0xb42bba3
+69 to Attack Rating
Magic Damage Reduced by 3
28% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items

23: String of Ears
Demonhide Sash
Defense: 106
Durability: 22 of 22
Required Strength: 20
Required Level: 29
Fingerprint: 0xba995453
+160% Enhanced Defense
+15 Defense
Magic Damage Reduced by 14
Damage Reduced by 15%
8% Life stolen per hit
+10 Maximum Durability

24: Chance Guards
Chain Gloves
Defense: 27
Durability: 16 of 16
Required Strength: 25
Item Level: 55
Fingerprint: 0x6ae92492
+26% Enhanced Defense
+25 to Attack Rating
+15 Defense
200% Extra Gold from Monsters
38% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items
+2 to Light Radius

25: Death Tread
Demonhide Boots
Defense: 52
Durability: 12 of 12
Required Strength: 20
Required Level: 24
Fingerprint: 0xfc9717bc
+2 to Dexterity
+45% Enhanced Defense
Fire Resist +26%
Lightning Resist +38%
23% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items
20% Faster Run/Walk

46: Spellsteel   <------------Switch weapon for teleport
Bearded Axe
Two-Hand Damage: 55 to 129
Durability: 35 of 35
Required Strength: 37
Required Level: 39
Axe Class - Normal Attack Speed
Fingerprint: 0xc9a917e6
+100 to Mana
+165% Enhanced Damage
Regenerate Mana 25%
Magic Damage Reduced by 15
Requirements -60%
10% Faster Cast Rate
Level 3 Decrepify (30/30 Charges)
Level 10 Holy Bolt (100/100 Charges)
Level 12 Firestorm (60/60 Charges)
Level 1 Teleport (15/20 Charges)

47: Wizardspike
Bone Knife
One-Hand Damage: 23 to 49
Required Dexterity: 75
Required Strength: 38
Required Level: 61
Dagger Class - Fast Attack Speed
Indestructible
Fingerprint: 0xc36ba5a7
Regenerate Mana 15%
All Resistances +75
Increase Maximum Mana 15%
50% Faster Cast Rate
Indestructible
+176 to Mana (Based on Character Level)

48: Brimstone Tower
Sacred Rondache
Defense: 231
Chance to Block:  58%
Smite Damage: 35 to 58
Durability: 68 of 68
(Paladin Only)
Required Strength: 109
Required Level: 52
Fingerprint: 0x1d420a49
+6 to Strength
+40% Enhanced Defense
All Resistances +22
+2 to Paladin Skill Levels

2: Serpent's Small Charm of Sustenance
Keep in Inventory to Gain Bonus
Required Level: 40
Fingerprint: 0x8f3ef0c4
+12 to Life
+14 to Mana

3: Sapphire Small Charm
Required Level: 32
Fingerprint: 0x93bfa4d7
Cold Resist +11%

4: Ocher Small Charm of Fortune
Required Level: 18
Item Level: 49
Fingerprint: 0x7612aac8
Lightning Resist +6%
5% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items

5: Large Charm of Sustenance
Required Level: 34
Fingerprint: 0xe2e062f5
+22 to Life

6: Azure Small Charm
Item Level: 85
Fingerprint: 0xa3cdb701
Cold Resist +5%

7: Lizard's Small Charm of Fortune
Required Level: 18
Item Level: 49
Fingerprint: 0x305113c4
+5 to Mana
4% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items

8: Gheed's Fortune
Grand Charm
Required Level: 62
Fingerprint: 0x864bcd72
150% Extra Gold from Monsters
28% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items
Reduces All Vendor Prices 12%

9: Large Charm of Sustenance
Item Level: 83
Fingerprint: 0xc0b8ebfe
+23 to Life

10: Large Charm of Sustenance
Fingerprint: 0x2dd73665
+23 to Life

11: Shimmering Small Charm of Frost
Required Level: 25
Fingerprint: 0xa4b68209
All Resistances +4
Adds 1-2 cold damage over 1 seconds

12: Small Charm of Vita
Required Level: 39
Fingerprint: 0xf54a574a
+17 to Life

14: Prismatic Amulet of Luck   <-----I prefered to wear the ammy with +skills and give up some MF%
Required Level: 31
Item Level: 65
Fingerprint: 0xcf5bf037
All Resistances +17
34% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items

15: Serpent's Large Charm of Balance
Item Level: 52
Fingerprint: 0x3c1c3e2d
+29 to Mana
8% Faster Hit Recovery

26: Garnet Grand Charm of Dexterity
Item Level: 23
Fingerprint: 0x8563570b
+3 to Dexterity
Fire Resist +23%

29: Lapis Grand Charm
Item Level: 10
Fingerprint: 0x678acb60
Cold Resist +17%

34: Serpent's Small Charm
Required Level: 40
Item Level: 84
Fingerprint: 0x8354793b
+17 to Mana

Mercenary Items : 

1: The Gladiator's Bane
Wire Fleece
Defense: 1264
Durability: 19 of 135
Required Strength: 111
Required Level: 85
Fingerprint: 0x514dba25
+152% Enhanced Defense
+50 Defense
Damage Reduced by 16
Magic Damage Reduced by 17
+103 Maximum Durability
Attacker Takes Damage of 20
30% Faster Hit Recovery
Poison Length Reduced by 50%
Cannot Be Frozen

2: Tal Rasha's Horadric Crest
Death Mask
Defense: 111
Durability: 12 of 20
Required Strength: 55
Required Level: 66
Fingerprint: 0xb5c6be62
+60 to Life
+30 to Mana
+45 Defense
All Resistances +15
10% Life stolen per hit
10% Mana stolen per hit

3: Kelpie Snare
Fuscina
Two-Hand Damage: 97 to 182
Durability: 18 of 18
Required Dexterity: 15
Required Strength: 67
Spear Class - Normal Attack Speed
Fingerprint: 0x209075ca
+10 to Strength
+140% Enhanced Damage  <-----------Perfectly bad on the low end ethereal Kelpie
+30 to Minimum Damage
+50 to Maximum Damage
Fire Resist +50%
Slows Target by 75%
+110 to Life (Based on Character Level)
Ethereal (Cannot be Repaired)

Sadly, I don't get to make an update. Since moving, I haven't even had the opportunity to plug in my computer, much less do any runs. I also basically never have internet access, which is the reason it's taken me so long to say anything.

So, grats Grisu!

Hopefully I'll find a house soon and get back to my ladder char, but who knows. See you then.

-CG

edit: oh, if I get any pgems, my email is colorlessgr33n at gmail dot com, but I likely won't be checking it for at least a few more weeks.

edit2: also, I should probably mention that I haven't had time to review the thread (I'm on an intermittent 20% strength wifi) so anything that's been said that wasn't said in the last couple posts I haven't yet read.

Well, we can call this tournament officially done now. Thanks to all who participated. Personally it was a success as I found a couple of new grailers and experienced my first (and probably last) bit of cheese!

There were 150 gems paid for participation.

1st Place: Grisu (112 gems)
2nd Place: Colorless Green (23 gems)
3rd Place: Ohomemgrande (15 gems)

Prize stashes have been sent to the winners at the email addresses I received from you with your entrance fee.

Once again, thanks for participating and good luck with the grail hunt!

Ohomemgrande, could you please tell me if you received back the prize stashes (yeah, I declined since I wanted to stay self-found) and the other gems I sent as a reward for ladder tournaments, so that I can delete those stashes?
Thanks again for the tourney and congratulations to all participants! It's a shame you didn't have more time for MFing, CG!

Yes-They showed back up. Sorry for not letting you know.

Code:
Name             Forum Name      Character  Grailers  Bonus Points   Total
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inultus          Grisu           Paladin     444         140         584    HC
Naima            Colorless Green Assassin    358          60         418
Martin           Ohomemgrande    Paladin     296          35         331
Bartholomew      Merlin          Barbarian   168          30         198    HC
Erica_Bane       Raskah          Assassin    153          18         171
Revenge          RIP             Assassin    142          19         161    HC
Abracadaver      Glenstorm       Necromancer  50          13          63
GhostLander      Ambrodel        Paladin      41          16          57
Mazda_Leonard    TheReadMenace   Amazon       35          17          52 
asdf-Antiope     asdfgah         Amazon       40           2          42    HC
Lanaya           Xdeathfire      Assasin      14          16          30
Dexybyrd         Yiuman          Amazon       14          11          25    HC RIP
Resolution       SiTro           Assassin      3           7          10
Faith            jjscud          Amazon        1           4           5    HC
Garath           pwangsta        Paladin       0           0           0

Diablo 4 Interactive Map
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High