The wonderful what are you listening to thread

The bass is incredibly epic, it's what makes the guitar solo extra special. The bass must not be sophicsticated, but simple, as you feel it with all of your body! I'm not just playing the air guitar on this, but mainly humming with the bass which is the same 5 notes for all the time!

No AC/DC? OK, so here's their greatest song. I might change my mind tomorrow though. Or perhaps in 10 minutes?

And the music was good and the music was loud!

Edit: Hmm, perhaps this one is even better:

Edit 2: Or this?

Powerage is definitely their greatest album!

Last edited:
Whole Lotta Rosie has to be right up there too....

Reactions: krischan

Ding-a ding dang my dang-along ling long. It's probably what you are thinking of right now.

ACDC is essential but anything after Back in Black is crap. All for Ministry, which I have to say were pretty good live.

I wouldn't say that everything after Back in Black was crap, but they were best with Bon Scott. I never really liked Brian Johnson's voice.

Any Hip fans here?

I wouldn't say that everything after Back in Black was crap, but they were best with Bon Scott. I never really liked Brian Johnson's voice.
My son played "Whole Lotta Rosie" far too often.

I believe I mentioned a variant of this is in my "wake up" drive-time lineup?

I occasionally use the 2 Cellos version for testing sound systems on the job.

Reactions: krischan
Recent CD acquisition. Prior to this, the only copy I had was an ancient, beat up vinyl.

While not my absolute favorite P-Funk album, it's up there. Top 5 for sure.

GC:
Mother Earth is pregnant for the third time
For y'all have knocked her up
I have tasted the maggots in the mind of the universe
I was not offended
For I knew I had to rise above it all
Or drown in my own shit

Me:
🤯

Boyo is into Floyd, which is hit or miss for me. However, he's found a cover band which I'll admit seems pretty decent... guitarist is the best feature; the lead singer's got a good voice but too high (Alto? I forget) for some songs.

I've posted the song before, but this video touched my soul.

I think that since I watched this first, each time I met a beggar, I gave him a Euro. Probably just to comfort myself and he probably spent it on booze, but whatever.

Reactions: Leopold Stotch
I've posted the song before, but this video touched my soul.

I think that since I watched this first, each time I met a beggar, I gave him a Euro. Probably just to comfort myself and he probably spent it on booze, but whatever.
Good video, even though I find the song's underlying message evil.

Also, it's generally crack, not booze. At least around here. There's at least three on my drive home.

I haven't given directly to a vagrant for decades, but rather to the care facilities. Of course, many vagrants refuse to use those facilities because they won't allow drugs or booze inside...

Good video, even though I find the song's underlying message evil.

I think his point about what god might be appears reasonable, but his opinion on priests is too much generalizing. In my opinion and experience, most priests are good persons, but the church is an organization with positions of power which are drawing in a certain kinds of people... some of them being what I regard as the scum of mankind.

As far as I know, Lemmy Kilmister's father was a priest who abandoned him and his mother after he was born. That might explain what I would call a bias on priests. BTW, many people who have met him in private say that he was a very kind and humble person. He's just playing with hiss badass attitude in public. Fun fact: He's born on Christmas Eve.

The senior pastor of where I'm living (now 90 years old) is a very kind and good person. He might have appeared a bit vain with his humbleness, but that's a flaw I would get less upset about than my flaws that I'm aware of. He never claimed to heal and he didn't steal, cheat or rob, never. The new pastor (well, we have him for 25 years now)... I'm not sure how much of a good person he is.

Also, it's generally crack, not booze. At least around here. There's at least three on my drive home.
It's more booze here, I guess, but I'm not an expert about that. It's probably cheaper here to get a full intoxication by booze than by crack.

I haven't given directly to a vagrant for decades, but rather to the care facilities. Of course, many vagrants refuse to use those facilities because they won't allow drugs or booze inside...
Rationally spoken, you are right, but I decided to give my heart more of a say. That's probably just hypocrisy, as I said in my previous posting. Whatever...

• Love
I think his point about what god might be appears reasonable, but his opinion on priests is too much generalizing. In my opinion and experience, most priests are good persons, but the church is an organization with positions of power which are drawing in a certain kinds of people... some of them being what I regard as the scum of mankind.
I can agree to that. I saw a pretty good point made recently while looking up some general info on Buddhism. I forget the exact wording, but the basic idea was that Buddhism is still very spiritual, almost to the level of paranoia over fear of losing it, whereas the modern churches of all religions have largely forgotten spirituality. Instead they are more focused on their own power and institutions, building bigger and flashier temples and telling people that the way to salvation is to give more in donations to the church. Some relatives of mine and their neighbors are having to deal with this reality coming to light recently in their own church. It can shake you up if you haven't already uncoupled your church from your faith.

But you can still find good priests even within these corrupted institutions. It just gets a little harder to find them the higher up you go on the organizational chart.

But you can still find good priests even within these corrupted institutions. It just gets a little harder to find them the higher up you go on the organizational chart.
Anti-Christian propaganda is bursting at the seams here in the U.S. because it's a stand-in for conservative values. It IS propaganda, though - Catholic priests are less likely on average to molest children than the norm, while public school teachers are twenty times MORE likely to be kiddy diddlers. The stats are valid - from FBI sourcing among others - but you'll never hear about it.

In keeping with the spirit of the thread, here's one of my favorite PK's (Preacher's Kids) and self-claimed devout Christians:

• Love
It IS propaganda, though - Catholic priests are less likely on average to molest children than the norm, while public school teachers are twenty times MORE likely to be kiddy diddlers.
What isn't propaganda is the fact that molestations and abuses by priest are more likely to be covered up than abuse in the public school systems and can continue for decades.

Now back on topic.....

Last edited:

I can finally listen to a Michael Jackson tune without my skin crawling....

• Wow
Reactions: Babyhell
Diablo 4 Interactive Map
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High