The wonderful what are you listening to thread

I'm liking this guy more and more, and the more I listen, the more I like what he's getting at.

Reactions: Glurin
I'm liking this guy more and more, and the more I listen, the more I like what he's getting at.
Yeah, no kidding. The guy looks like someone that, if I were looking for music, I'd instantly pass on anything with his face on it. Rap, hip hop, etc. is just generally not my thing. But dang, at least in the few videos I've seen so far, this guy is absolutely spot on.

Reactions: zemaj
Yeah, no kidding. The guy looks like someone that, if I were looking for music, I'd instantly pass on anything with his face on it. Rap, hip hop, etc. is just generally not my thing. But dang, at least in the few videos I've seen so far, this guy is absolutely spot on.

I'm not saying I agree with everything he says, but the overall of what he's getting at is on point, like scary, get-out-of-my-head level. It also helps that apparently he's totally self-produced and independent, which makes sense as no major record label would touch this guy with the pointy end of a medieval pike. Just kinda hate that it took a FB post from someone I know irl to get me to listen... he's been doing this for at least 3yrs, based on YT timestamps/posted dates.

Yep, once upon a time, before our own parents were conceived, country music somehow didn't suck. Seems unfathomable but it's true.

... I, however, prefer something with a bit more swing when I'm taking a stroll through the wasteland.

Reactions: superdave
I like the copilot version of Country Roads too

Listening to this through a good pair of headphones is quite the trip. Damn good album too!

What kind of headphones do you use @Dredd ?

I tend to stick to the Bose in ear ones, great audio quality and noise cancelling.

@Gorny

- Sennheiser 650 and el-cheapo JVC HA-RX500 for music at home.
- Bose Soundsports for jogging.
- Kingston Hyper-X for gaming but I might ditch 'em for a desktop mic sometime this year.

I don't personally care for noise-cancelling headphones as they make me feel like I'm listening to music inside a space helmet.

All of the above sound too rich for my blood. My boy picked up a broken set of Bose noise-cancelling ones and fixed them; they really are quality.

Of course, he wears them in his room so that he can't hear his mother or I...

P.S. I need to get "Bill Withers' Greatest Hits".

Reactions: Yogirat and Dredd
P.S. I need to get "Bill Withers' Greatest Hits".

Yes, you do!

The JVCs I mentioned have been around for a decade (at least) and are still for sale on Amazon for about $20. They sound great once they're properly broken in.

Reactions: jmervyn
Well, that's good and all, but I prefer:

Or of course, Dinozzo's epic drumming:

Last edited:
Reactions: Dredd
Believe it or not, Lean on Me is not my favorite; I prefer Lovely Day, Just the Two of Us, and Ain't No Sunshine over it.
Not judging. He has a lot of great songs.

"Lean on Me" is probably his most recognizable song amongst Gen-Xers (like me) due to the 198X cover by Club Nouveau (it's dreadful and I'm not linking it).

Well, that's good and all, but I prefer:
Why Crambone when you can dance with Jellybone?

Reactions: jmervyn
Not judging. He has a lot of great songs.

"Lean on Me" is probably his most recognizable song amongst Gen-Xers (like me) due to the 198X cover by Club Nouveau (it's dreadful and I'm not linking it).
A wise choice. I'm not saying Club Nouveau's version sucked rocks, but I'm not saying it didn't, either.

While we're discussing great songs with horrifying covers, I think I mentioned this in the old OTF as among my favorites (to the point that I frequently used it for a lullaby):

A wise choice. I'm not saying Club Nouveau's version sucked rocks, but I'm not saying it didn't, either.

While we're discussing great songs with horrifying covers, I think I mentioned this in the old OTF as among my favorites (to the point that I frequently used it for a lullaby):

I'll raise you one Pearl Jam cover of the same:

Plus:

• Sad
Reactions: Yogirat and jmervyn
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High