The Weather Outside Is Frightful! Die Hard Christmas Mafia Game - Day 4 (Game over - Scum Win)

If it had come to that I was going to be a jailkeeper. One of the Nikasaki Security Guards. I "brought them to the office for questioning".

i hadn't even thought of giving scum fake name claims...that would have been fun.

If it had come to that I was going to be a jailkeeper. One of the Nikasaki Security Guards. I "brought them to the office for questioning".
Now that I mentioned it. Kinda glad doc didn't come forward. That's exactly what I would have needed at that point.. "Trust me, your terrorist result on me is wrong. Oh yeah, and your town result on coju is also wrong..". I don't think my mental health would have survived such a daunting task.

I had lots of laughs, and enjoy playing crazy like. My hope for the last day was no lynch or lynch a town. My crusade attempts were attempts to steer the conversation away from anything productive.

It was eye-opening reading what was in the dead-thread. I hadn't realized I had played such a scummy game!

Thank you, @Gorny for hosting. Man, I feel like this is all my fault. :scratchhead: I guess I misunderstood my role and. . . Anyways, sorry, you guys. :(

Someone said to burn my gif with fire (d2lover?) earlier in the game? Thought that was hilarious, BTW.

Sorry, DC. I really do envision myself having an intense rivalry with you, lol. IT KEEPS ME ALIVE.

I did have fun! It was pretty intense. Was nice having 11 people around. :)

Reactions: HuckIt
Now that I mentioned it. Kinda glad doc didn't come forward. That's exactly what I would have needed at that point.. "Trust me, your terrorist result on me is wrong. Oh yeah, and your town result on coju is also wrong..". I don't think my mental health would have survived such a daunting task.

Wait. You have mental health?????

Um....

:unsure:

Sorry, DC. I really do envision myself having an intense rivalry with you, lol. IT KEEPS ME ALIVE.
I mean, I don't blame you with a result on me. At least you knew there was a possibility your results were altered. If you were just an insane cop, I wouldn't have stood a chance.

Thank you, @Gorny for hosting. Man, I feel like this is all my fault. :scratchhead: I guess I misunderstood my role and. . . Anyways, sorry, you guys. :(

Someone said to burn my gif with fire (d2lover?) earlier in the game? Thought that was hilarious, BTW.

I did have fun! It was pretty intense. Was nice having 11 people around. :)

Hey remember when you were mafia and killed me?

Payback :p:p:p:p:p:p

Though Leo in all seriousness you totally drew that role as it was and completely unaltered by drawing the number you did.

No one had a role assigned directly to them from me, you all picked based on the numbers.

Wait. You have mental health?????

Um....

:unsure:
Thanks for hosting @Gorny, this looks like a really interesting game. It was like a perfect storm going against me though. BH singles me out for crusade, Leo gets insane result on me, and the no name townie story.. I need a break from playing after this one. Maybe I'll try to host another! :p

Thanks for hosting @Gorny, this looks like a really interesting game. It was like a perfect storm going against me though. BH singles me out for crusade, Leo gets insane result on me, and the no name townie story.. I need a break from playing after this one. Maybe I'll try to host another! :p
Please no Mr. Rodgers stuff!

• Haha
Reactions: HuckIt and D2DC
Oh, and as to hosting: I'm done for the time being.

I need a long break.

I'm willing to give hosting advice, etc but Im not going to host another game for a while.

Reactions: coju
Yea.. all I can say is that must have been an entertaining game as scum. Only townie even sniffing around the scum team (despite being MOD-CONFIRMED) is the towns whipping boy.. 😓

Ooh @Pyrotechnician you gotta up your game. I was smelling blood after your "analysis" of my story. Not that it would have made a difference anyway. BH crusade + Leo's N1 result made me the lightning rod. I wanna know what up with Noodle this game...

Actually, in the night chat I was trying to be analytical and strategic with our kill choices. I mentioned not once but at least twice that I did not like leaving you alive, but circumstance made it so that leaving you be was the best call.

I definitely need to get back into the swing of things. You were on me and I was having a real hard time shaking you. I definitely slipped up in my analysis post for sure because I was trying to keep it open ended if I needed to pursue the vote/lynch later on. I really should have just committed to saying I didn't think you were scum and then voting you later on if I needed to citing "ensuring a lynch" or some non sense. If the town had been more active on this last day you guys probably would have kept your votes on me and I would have been out, but the end of day was a mess. I pointed to d2lover and huckit as my top scum, but no one seemed to bat an eye when huckit dropped a vote on d2lover and I had no problem following the same vote as him. Not enough time I guess.

The other thing was no one following through on role/name claims, once the whole name thing became an issue it should have been done way earlier, one of the reasons we targeted franklin last night because he was pushing for name claims. I had zero idea for what name to claim with the reporter thing giving flips. I was going to default to Agent Johnson the 5th or something because we had nothing.

I just read the dead thread, some of the new guys in there are pretty sharp. I haven't really played with Zhao/Skjolde/BabyHell before but you guys pointed out quite a few things, and were mostly on track with the scum team (although I really didn't make the list until later in the game so I still have some skillz left apparently :cool:). I think someone mentioned that I ignored the investigation result on coju, Leo's post at the beginning of the one day phase was that D2DC was terrorist, and that coju was good, I picked up on that to mean that she investigated coju and it came back clean. I left it at that unless I needed to point back to it to try and make a save attempt. D2DC's result of Pac Man didn't mean a thing to me (if there is some connection there of PacMan=scum someone be sure to let me know because I totally don't get it). Truth be told I had a hard time not going after coju with some of his posts so I was just trying to keep my distance really :ROFLMAO: (sorry coju, we still pulled it out either way! :)), . Whoever mentioned when I pointed to D2lover and huckit as my scum list, you were 100% right, if I went down I had to put some distance there, scum 101 is to always include one of your own in your suspect list.

Reactions: HuckIt and D2DC
@Pyrotechnician no worries. You two told me to be careful and not get lynched. I would have suspected you to put the final nail in my coffin to win the game!

Y'alls PM's throughout the game! Funny! I didn't realize we could chat it up with the mod!

@Gorny if you don't mod will you play?

@D2DC if you do mod this on I could put my name on the next one. I wouldn't mind playing host in a couple of months.

Reactions: D2DC
@Gorny I think you answered my question, but I want to make sure... MS.NET does like, a week long day or something sometimes, right? With like, 27 players? I tried reading through one of those but stopped after the 2nd page. Nonsense...
I was asking total-length-of-game: which I think you answered when you said "3 weeks" / "5-game-days". But, It really could go down to the last 3 players, eh?

@Gorny I think you answered my question, but I want to make sure... MS.NET does like, a week long day or something sometimes, right? With like, 27 players? I tried reading through one of those but stopped after the 2nd page. Nonsense...
I was asking total-length-of-game: which I think you answered when you said "3 weeks" / "5-game-days". But, It really could go down to the last 3 players, eh?

Yeah, those games are way too long for me.

Yes, it can go down to the last 3 players, and I have been in those situations before, real blast for sure....

Typically a game does not get down to the very end, but it can happen. You don't normally plan for length of time, you just plan for the best balance you can get. If you really want to plan out approximate timeline, just take max players you have, and then assume one lynch and one kill a day/night phase and see how far out that gets you. That should be a good "approximation" but it can be 3 day phases or 6 day phases, just really depends on how things shake out.

Reactions: coju
Ms.net has 14 day long day periods. Regardless of the number of players.

I've always done 48 hour long day periods because that's always been our norm.

I never plan a game to last "x" number of weeks or days in real life.

I might set a specific number of players for a game's setup for example, matrix 6 is 9 players.

I'll either post a game with a setup and close signups when I have however many I need (9 for matrix6) or leave it open ended like this game

I could have gone with 9 people. 11 made it better. 20 would have been crazy fun.

Once a game is ready to go, I let it run its course. Even if that's a week or two or all month.

Reactions: HuckIt and coju
I vaguely remember trying to count the days down it would last when I hosted and was sad it was cut short. I don’t think I went for balance, but that would make for a fun game

What was up with the Neighbor Game? Read a little of it. Seems kind of wild.

@Gorny, or anybody more experienced with hosting. Maybe you can clarify/advise about this one:

I want to give the Narcos game another go, but just stick to the basic setup before trying out any additional PRs/informants.

So, the basic setup would be two cartels, 2-3 guards each, plus one leader (heir) for each cartel. The anarchist would be DEA, who needs to catch (kill) both leaders.

Reading this setup, I'm not sure how it works though. Both heirs get 1 kill, and the anarchist gets a kill for each live heir. It also says anarchist can use kill at time of death.

So, one heir gets eliminated, all their guards suicide. Then, say heir 2 knows the anarchist is. He's supposed to post in game thread: kill X. Then anarchist can still use his kill? Doesn't make sense..

Even if heir 2 submitted kill X via PM, there's only gonna be 2-4 other players left alive. Still very good chance for anarchist to win..

Thoughts?

• Wow
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High