Queen Elizabeth has passed away.

Gorny

Staff member
Mar 16, 2020
Just saw this on a few different news feeds.

How are you all on the other side of the pond?

Long live the King.

Considering her age (96) and Philip's (98, right?), it might be 20+ years for Charles III, but perhaps he steps down a bit earlier. Not that soon though, he had to wait for so long. I'm not saying that he wished for her death though.

I'm not much a friend of kings, i.e. hereditary heads of states. There are thousands of princes, but there's only one Beethoven, err I mean people who are extraordinary through their own merits. On the other hand, British royalty is through and through German, heh heh.

This is probably one of the "where were you when you heard it?" events. I was at a small "chili con carne plus beer" birthday party.

This is probably one of the "where were you when you heard it?" events. I was at a small "chili con carne plus beer" birthday party.
I know where I was when *The King died. On a rowboat on 3 Mile Lake in Muskoka Ontario listening to an AM radio and catching fish.

*Elvis

When I heard that Mao Zedong died, I was perhaps 10 years old. In school, we blew up balloons and glued paper mache to it and one of the newspapers had a headline "MAO IS DEAD". I think I still have the paper mache "sculpture" in the attic. I will check that tomorrow, stay tuned...

Edit 1: I meant that one of the newspapers I'ved used for the paper mache had that headline, just to clarify.

Edit 2: I don't have the paper mache thing anymore, what a shame.

Last edited:
I was driving when the news came through. Sad she's gone but I am not a huge monarchist anyway.

The news coverage has been relentless in the UK, it's 24/7 still on the main channels.

When I heard that Mao Zedong died, I was perhaps 10 years old. In school, we blew up balloons and glued paper mache to it and one of the newspapers had a headline "MAO IS DEAD". I think I still have the paper mache "sculpture" in the attic. I will check that tomorrow, stay tuned...

Edit 1: I meant that one of the newspapers I'ved used for the paper mache had that headline, just to clarify.

Edit 2: I don't have the paper mache thing anymore, what a shame.
Oh man, that would have been amazing to see.

Diablo 4 Interactive Map
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High