Our best 2020 D2 memories

Babyhell

Jan 22, 2019
2020 is now gone for good, 2021 has started, and carry its load of new projects.

Last year had been a particular one with the community move to Purediablo, and can be considered as a success, as it had been stressed by @d2lover lately about passing the 30k messages mark.

But maybe we should get some time to take a few minutes, and share what things had been important - maybe even defining moments we had - during our 2020 activity. I'm not all about this, but @Kitteh used to handle the "best things of the year", so... we miss you @Kitteh!

So here I open the topic, I'll answer below, as any member of the community. Don't hesitate to link, so it can be a shared entry point :)

So my top D2 things for 2020 are... *drumrolls*

Last edited:
1) @ffs's Finding the Balance Tournament!
2) The HC journeys - either my Sept which has started, or the tournaments infusing this limitation made me discover this new facet of the game.
3) Amazon power discovery: @Vang's Random Tournament journey with my lucky LF/CS Frida, my Wrathazon BlackStar, my M'avina's magezon DiscoBowie gave me much fun during all this year.
4) The building of my PitZerker. Kinda defining my MF approach now, even if my Hammerdin found the first unique diadem.
5) The start of my 99 journey of HammerMessiah alongside @Luhkoh's Lindon, even if I'm miles away in efficiency, it's a real path following here, with some great drops on top of that :)

And cannot be numbered... being part of the move, discovering oldies and moving some great content, like @Gripphon's rune finding guide or his and @Fabian's PitZerker guides.

Special thanks to @Rush and @maxicek for all the hard work during this transition phase, let's make 2021 another great year for the community!

I'll edit with some details/special thanks Maybe add some other memories too ;-)

So, what are yours?

Last edited:
Very true, I miss the annual spf awards. I joined the forum right at the tail end of the last awards. And agreed 100x times over, we miss you @Kitteh!

As for my favorite memories of 2020... there are a LOT. This was a huge d2 year for me. Some highlights:
Hope 2021 is half as good d2-wise :D. Huge thanks to everyone who makes this forum so fun a place to be. And everyone who made the transition to the new site go so smoothly.

2020 has not been a good year for Diablo II. I moved into a house in late January, and my plans to set up my desktop in a month or two did not quite pan out. In fact, I have still not set it up. I tried playing some D2 on my laptop, but I did not find it to my liking. (Playing in a small nook now. Games with a controller works better.)

That said, there was one thing I did do in Diablo II last year. I participated in the OBP Tournament. Participating in that was one of the most fun I have had in Diablo II in a long time. All the discussions, facts, number crunching and banter on the forum was amazing. Trying out making timed runs for the first time was fun (don't look at my times though ^^).
I want to thank the forum in general for being so great, and @Luhkoh for arrangeing a raelly fun tournament.

Diablo 4 Interactive Map
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High