OT: The Daily Thread

Thanks for the welcome back, folks!

RL: Huge software / database transition at my main work, and another at a school I'm consulting for. Not fun.

D2: Started over D2 from scratch after leaving years ago. Act 3, Normal, playing an untwinked SC zealot with my two boys in D2R. The new version is really fun--so far it hasn't changed the character of the game at all and doesn't feel like a *different* game to me. The best I can describe it is that it feels like when I put on my glasses. I can make it around fine without my glasses, but when I put them on I can see so much more detail. I'm sure it's probably more of a difference to some of you seasoned players who would notice the most subtle changes.

Amazing how much one can forget about D2 after a few years. I remember a lot of endgame build type stuff, but have forgotten some basic things.

This was something I was afraid of; here's for hoping it won't actually be as impactful as it seems. It won't be available to original D2 at all, I presume. It creates a division between players; then again, I mostly play older patches myself. I don't trust Blizzard at all. They will once again screw everything.
So far most of the reactions I've seen from SPF players seem to be positive, but it could be some are holding their tongues. ;)

I can make it around fine without my glasses, but when I put them on I can see so much more detail. I'm sure it's probably more of a difference to some of you seasoned players who would notice the most subtle changes.
The gore and horror got a HUGE bump. From some red, pink and black great big squares which looked dubious on even old CRTs, to very clear severed limbs, unspeakably tortured and dismembered, eviscerated and likely raped bodies. The new graphics have a lot more gut punch than the old ones did. Sure, the old ones were enough to spark your imagination, but the new ones... they're enough that I play at max zoom when I'm just messing about with a non teleporting character, going by sound to not miss drops. And I like drops, so that says a lot.

Reactions: BBS_Agonistes
RL: Bleh... Sick again with what may be covid? IDK. Family all under the weather with something + a rainy weekend meant we did spend a lot of time on...

...D2: My two boys and I got to level 60 with our 2.4 untwinked zealot in late NM. I'm trying to pace them as obviously questing is more fun but it's taking us some serious time to build up some decent gear. Amazing how much you can forget about this game after being away almost a decade. I find myself remembering obscure details about socketing, ilvls, recipes, etc., but then be completely surprised by things like the resists going -40 when we got to NM.

OVG: Nah
🤦‍♂️

RL: Back from holiday. About to start a project to demolish and rebuild the garden shed. Will be including space for a bit of a workshop too.

D2: Started converting keys into organ sets. Trying to get a torch before the MFO starts, but a bit distracted by…

OVG: I picked up Skyrim on the Switch whilst on holiday, really enjoying it. This is my first time playing it, I have some kind of Dunmer sword mage assassin.

Wow. No ones been here for awhile.

RL: starting to make final preparations at work for year end in two months. Next two months are going to be so much fun……

D2: NM act I summon druid, NM act III strafer. Maybe start the fury druid today.

OVG: Pokemon Go Fest final round is next Saturday

RL: Imported over 200,000 prospects into our database at work today. Not so fun stuff, as it was a crunched deadline and some folks who wouldn't respond, but I got it done.

D2: Trying to get my Pindle running zon dialed in. Really enjoy this character even if Pindle is repetitive.

OVG: None.

RL: going on holidays this week until sunday. So no work, but also no Diablo 🥲

D2: got two characters questing with full low level sets (Angelic and Arctic) and getting used to a run counter for the MFO while running Pindle for fun with the paladin. Might try running him with the furyzon too

RL: Back from holiday. About to start a project to demolish and rebuild the garden shed. Will be including space for a bit of a workshop too.

D2: Started converting keys into organ sets. Trying to get a torch before the MFO starts, but a bit distracted by…

OVG: I picked up Skyrim on the Switch whilst on holiday, really enjoying it. This is my first time playing it, I have some kind of Dunmer sword mage assassin.
Skyrim is ridiculously cool, if you can steer away from the bugs. Might be my 4th most played game, next to d2 and starcraft 1 and 2. The only thing i dislike about it is that it is missing what I love most about d2 - finding something really neat. You can't do that in skyrim; all the really neat stuff you have to make yourself.

RL: Done some dishes and made dinner

D2: Will continue with my elemental-druid today!

OVG: Thinking of buying AC: Unity maybe, played
a couple of hours of RDR 2

Rise from the dead, Daily thread!

RL: Almost able to leave the house again and other then feeling stuffy covid seems gone. Gonna make some tortellini later and find a movie to watch.

D2: Working on LK and started a Javazon, was considering starting ladder but i think i talked myself out of that as i dont like playing with idiots and would mostly just play solo anyways. So far found a Gul rune in LK, im going to continue on but in small bursts, i dont think i can do more then 100-200 runs in a sitting at most.

OVG: Need to get back to Total Warhammer 3, i have been trying to learn it and have a Dwarf campaign im working through in the IE beta. I really dont like the Realms of Chaos campaign but Immortal Empires seems like its going to be fantastic once all the Heroes are tweaked and balanced.

RL: On vacation for the next 2 weeks and then starting a new job.

D2: I played a bit of the new D2R Ladder 2 and I think it gave me crippling depression. I hate the balance changes, the insane buff to Blizzard Sorceress (?!?!?!?!), the removal of Immunities from the game.... I've never lost interest about a Diablo 2 Ladder as quickly as I did until this one. I'm almost considering reinstalling D2:LoD again... I really hope this Ladder content is exclusive and will be removed from future Ladders.

OVG: Darktide closed beta is between October 14 to 16. With over 1k hours in Vermintide 2, there's no game I'm excited about more!

RL: Submitted my PhD thesis on September 29th. Turned 30 on 30th - been crying my eyes out since. Start a postdoc position later this month but I am technically unemployed until then, so mostly trying to bulk up my portfolio for job hunting, plus actually doing applications. Got rejected by Spotify - rude.

D2: Very slow progress with 'HannahHerding'. Still in LK farming an Ohm rune. I have my runes for beast but hoping for a better base. Not sure I can stomach staying in LK for Enigma so might just go without it, especially if terror zones make their way to SP.

OVG: Some reading, but I've been learning mandarin so I try to that for 30-60 minutes per day. Trying to go on more walks with doggo whilst I have the chance. Don't think I ever mentioned it here actually. I have a dog now, he's a greyhound, his name is Sirus and he is my baby boy.

RL: Got the first two pieces of artwork finished for the RPG system I'm developing that is a mixture of DCC/MCC and umm..ARPGs.
Very happy with the artist I found and have been working with the last few years off and on and hopefully this project comes to life sometime mid-next year. If anyone in the SPF is into RPGs and would like to test it out after the new year with their group, reply here or pm me so I can add you to the list.
D2: None this weekend out of town with no PC.
OVG: Maybe something on switch with kids as we go around.
setup.png
devilkin 2.jpg

@Vang: Wow, nice! Man, if I still had the time for RPGs I had when I was young, I'd love to test it out! As it is, one group has dissolved (the one that would have loved to try this) and one is strictly adhering to one RPG system with maybe 4 meetings a year...

RL: Lots of stuff happened: I quit my last job and took some time off to be there for my father in his last few weeks of his life - he suffered from ALS for the last 6 years, so we had plenty of time to (emotionally) prepare for this siutation. He passed away 2 and a half weeks ago with my mother, my siblings and me being with him. Still feels somewhat unreal...but we had so many good times the last few months talking about his childhood and his view of life and such which makes me feel at peace :)
I now started a new job (well, the same job actually as a child and adolescent psychiatrist, but at a new practice) and reduced my working time to two days a week, so that I can be there for my children. The the younger one will soon be 8 years old, the older one is turning eleven this year and entered high school (German gymnasium) some weeks ago. Lots of new things to adapt there and with less work I can be of more help to her (if she needs it...she is pretty self-reliant though and almost frightingly reasonable...)

D2: I obtained a copy of D2R for my older daughter and we started a team today: She wanted to play a Spearzon (I have almost no experience with those...probably a Fendzon in the end? Any tips on that?) and I though, a Fana-Zealot would complement her well, so I started a Paladin called "Papadin" to make the mandatory dad joke. I don't have much experience with those either, so any tips for a FanaZealot is greatly appreciated, too :)

Nice to see you putting family first, Grisu! 🤗 Sounds like an intense time, but good to know you are at peace.

I was just thinking of starting a Spearzon, and also know nothing about them. Fanazealots are pretty fun, simple to play, and Kitteh has a pretty exhaustive guide on them. Sounds like a fun father/daughter project!

She wanted to play a Spearzon (I have almost no experience with those...probably a Fendzon in the end? Any tips on that?)
I have no experience in D2R, but vast experience in D2L with Strikers (CS + LS). From what I've read of D2R, Fend should work well as a LI solution. Currently (heh) I'm blissfully happy with my Passionately Berserk Striker, to whom I just gave my first ever Arkaine's Valor (only 10 DR, but +2 All Skills! :cool:).

I expect that you and your daughter will have wonderful times!

So I launched my game.
Got a couple backers, if your thinking of backing, the sooner the better! Feel free to share the link with others as that is the best way word of mouth spreads.

Four different ways to back the game:

The base level includes the pdf file to play.

The other 3 consist of helping design a unique item, monster, or boss monster for the game and include the pdf

Remember the game can also be played solo! since a lot of us SPFs prefer games we can play whenever we want!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/aocandq/adventurers-of-combat-and-quest-intro-edition

Well, time for an update since it has been a while! The Kickstarter is finished. The manual is done, minus some more art that is trickling in has been uploaded, and is available for sale on DriveThrurpg.com. A weight off my chest for sure. That was a long nearly 8-month long project coming to a close, and I hope it takes off and I can finish the higher level content and push out physical copies.
So other than expanding into Youtube on my own and for the Purediablo, I'm going to also start streaming some D4 once it goes live in open beta and beyond.
At work as a mental health counselor, I'm going to start running RPG groups for teenagers to build social skills & self-confidence to help with anxiety and depression. So I am excited to start that too.

Video games:

Diablo: Maybe some D2 today.
Other: Marvel Snap for sure.
POE? Don't think so.

Diablo 4 Interactive Map
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High