Off-topic in the OTF

Two days left to pack up the rest of the household and take it to a storage unit. Conservative estimate would be 5 days of work. My back is killing me and my knees are ready to explode.

What works for me most of the time is a rice heating pad. Take an ordinary hand towel and cut it in half. Sew it into a sack, then fill it half way with uncooked rice (not instant) and sew it shut. Put it in the microwave for about a minute to a minute and a half or so, but not so long that you'll burn yourself. Then just hold it against where you're aching.

Works pretty well for sore muscles, and you can keep reuse it. It will stay warm for roughly 45 minutes to an hour, but sometimes I'll also cover it with a blanket or pillow or something to hold the heat a bit longer.

It's also really nice for those cold winter days after you come inside from shoveling the driveway. ☺️

What works for me most of the time is a rice heating pad. Take an ordinary hand towel and cut it in half.
Or, you can buy a ThermalOn pad from Wally World for a little over $16, skip the sewing, and not smell like a burnt TV dinner.

I've only managed to destroy one of these; the clay beads inside will melt the containing sleeve if your microwave has "hot spots" and you put it inside for double the suggested duration.

Actually the smell is not all that unpleasant. It's just hot rice after all. You don't get that burnt smell unless you try to microwave it for way longer than you're supposed to. I've heard some people do that essential oils thing with it so it smells like lavender or sandalwood or whatever, but I just stick with the bag as is. And since you're making it yourself, you can customize it to different sizes and shapes, add baffles to keep the rice from shifting, etc. Makes a good, simple project to do with kids if you got any as well

Also, a hand towel is what, like a couple of bucks at most? A bag of uncooked rice something like three or four dollars? You just saved ten bucks and still had plenty of rice left over to make dinner with. ;)

Good luck, Dave!! I'm super happy for y'all!!

We're moving too, lol. We're moving to Texas. Z can work from home and I can get help from family in taking care of Baby Z (Toddler Z? He's about 19 months now). We're a little sad we're leaving (Z more so because this is where he grew up) but we're doing this for Baby and whatever sibling (s) comes along. Plus, he can be around his cousins, who are about the same age as he is. We just sold our house last week. We're early in in escrow where anything can happen but I really hope we just keep moving forward. This last month has been absolute hell. 😑

SOOOOO How is everybody? I see a cute little Turtle had graced is with his appearance. /Waves

Thanks!

Finished packing and cleaning the house with only minutes to spare before the final walk thru. It's a done deal.
We are homeless now

Just arrived in Panama City. Staying in an Air BnB right in old town. There is a carnival barker of sorts right outside the window. Wish I knew what he is selling. I might be wrong but it looks like it may be tee shirts or children.

The Cosby Suite? Seriously Blizzard? Time to clean house.

• Wow
Reactions: Cara
We're moving too, lol. We're moving to Texas. Z can work from home and I can get help from family in taking care of Baby Z (Toddler Z? He's about 19 months now).
Why in the world are you moving to Texas? You despise conservatives, cops, &c.

Texas is a bit too much for even me, and I'm playing the OTF's EBIL FATHER role.

Why in the world are you moving to Texas? You despise conservatives, cops, &c.

Texas is a bit too much for even me, and I'm playing the OTF's EBIL FATHER role.
Because she's originally from Texas and wants to be closer to family, among other things.

Still house hunting.

To successfully hunt a house, one must first learn to think like a house.

Well, Kabul has fallen, & the media is trying to figure out how to credibly blame Trump.

12-year-old Afghani girls are being "married" as the Talibs go door-to-door.

But no more mean Tweets!

More like an ancient wraith with no physical form.

The void calls out to him, as for Melkor long ago. Soon he'll be nothing more than a tale to frighten disobedient children.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High