INVADER ZIM and the St. Valentine's Day Massacre! Post Game Thread TOWNIE WIN!!

Good game all and props to Pyro for the lucky shot.

We had a pre game chat and were talking about what to do. Initially the plan was for me to abduct D2DC (which happened) and kill Pyro N1. The both me and coju noticed that we couldn't. I was gonna suggest killing D2dC N2 instead for fun. Pyro offed me and none of that ever happened. I also considered putting Noodle up for our initial NK for fun, just to see how it affected things.

Code:
Also, cut and paste of my role PM:

Congratulations! You are ZIIIIIIIM, the greatest Invader on a mission to take over the Earth and destroy Dib because he's a stupid, stinking human.
  Special Abilities: You are the Mafia Alien, Role-blocker and Role-stopper. Each night, you abduct players into your lab. They cannot perform any actions nor can they be killed. While in custody, you steal an organ thus rendering them useless the next day to appear more human; i.e., you handicap them and they can't vote. You cannot target the same player consecutively. Beware, not everyone can have their organs stolen. You win when all threats have been eliminated.
Your mafia partner is Gir, played by coju . Gir is the Mafia Hitman. If and when Gir dies, the killing power falls to you, but you lose your RBRS (Abduction) powers for even nights. Please reply back with a PM confirmation of your name and role.

Some of my posts from mafia chat early on:

Code:
To add, Noodle saying he is VT D1 unsettles me. This is a complete 180 from what he normally does.

I asked early on if anyone knew if there was a character in the cartoon that could be a possible Jester or Village Idiot type role because I thought that Noodle could be trying to purposely lynched. When d2lover did it too, I got even more suspicious.

There's some connection between the two but I don't know what it is.

Code:
[QUOTE="coju, convMessage: 35816, member: 109"]

How do you normally play it?

I am ok if we both buy a ticket. Last game I mentioned "one of these 3" but, as you know, mafia could be the first two, last two, none of them.

I do like we're going at different players. Time will show when we need to both go on someone, as that does happen. Hopefully, someone else will go with our line of thinking.

I do think we are at a disadvantage, as your bulldog play last game, and my always appearing scum, doesn't help anyone trust us. But, that could be used in our favor, as your play this game is not the bulldog from last, and seems statically placed already.        

[/QUOTE]

Tactically, I think it's in our best interest to ensure a lynch. Or at the least, to have one occur. 

How do I normally play it? Honest answer, I haven't been scum in a long time. D1 I would be careful as to not have both of us on a lynch wagon, unless it's a policy vote on Noodle maybe. Though with more than one Anti Town faction, having an elimination happen every day is in our favor, but it's in favor of the other AT faction too. So if we are both alive tomorrow, I think on D3 we should ensure a lynch. If the rest of the players are enough for one of us to stay off, that works, otherwise we will both need to vote, maybe early on so that we don't lock.

As to us being at a disadvantage, that's true, but if we are careful, it's possible that the other players might not trust each other and then we can capitalize on that.

We can see what happens tomorrow.

Code:
Just some thoughts, so I will put them here rather than in my own Role PM thread:

Our current list minus Noodle because he is very likely to not vote. Also removing snickersnack at random because one person might die tonight, I'll use him as a place holder. Remove D2DC if my night action is successful. That leaves the following 7 players:

3. coju
4. Gorny
5. Skjolde
6. Pyrotechnician
8. d2lover
9. Babyhell
10. Pancakes

If we have one dead tomorrow that leaves 9. so by the usual math, 5 votes causes a lynch and 6 locks. From the 7 people above its possible that we could end up not having enough votes on someone to cause a lynch if two out of the remaining players other than Noodle don't vote.

Code:
Not sure if I will be able to post here before day starts.
But I am cautious of Noodle and d2lover.
I'm not sure if there is a connection between the two or what it is, bit both oh them claiming to be VT early on D1.
Noodle because he never claims unless he has something to go with like a cop with a mod confirmed "so and so is scum" result.
When Noodle is vanilla (remember last game) he just does not say at all.
D2lover doing it after Noodle is really strange. 
I dont think the both of them have a get yourself lynched and win type wincon. But, something is not right there. 
I'm going to be cautious and watch what they do today and then decide who to vote. 

On the other hand I could say that I dont believe Noodle's "I am VT" angle and put an early vote on him and see what happens....

Next up: Clue Mafia, based on the board game and movie, hosted by me.

Signup:

Reactions: D2DC
Congrats for the win townies, and well thanks @Pyrotechnician for hitting hard on the first place!

Big cheer to @coju for his imaginative roleclaim, I went on you for some other possibility, but I guess I went too imaginative on my side :p

So well I as a real vanilla townie I used the simple lore given to enter in the roleplay side of things, and built an early role claim in order to be as less suspicious as it can be.

@Pancakes just for information, the crusade thingy wasn't a power. It is just a follow-up of a game in which I started a so-called crusade for the fun of it. Well, we had some fun with it, so I make some references to it from time to time, but as of now it isn't a real ability!

Oh and...err... Thanks a lot @Leopold Stotch for hosting this! Was fun to have a background to play with as a townie :)

See you all!

@Pyrotechnician ty for going with my story of us being in PMs together. I know your non posts about it was consent to keep talking about it.

You don't know how many times when I read the thread to catch up I wanted to post that coju was lying. You were lucky I was dead! :ROFLMAO:

This game was based off 9 player Even/Odd Setup and I wanna say another 9 player setup but I forget which. Two Mafia and an SK. Mafia kill even nights, SK on odd.

@Gorny was technically the Mafia Alien. It is a Roleblocker and Rolestopper. It protects from kill but it also stops the role from doing anything. When he died (goddamn did Pyro get lucky!!), it fell into Gir (coju) who could RBRS every night but only kill on even nights as long as Tak was alive. Once Tak died, he could do both every night.

I kind of figured this would happen, if one faction got eliminated only having a kill every other night would be rough. It makes sense that the kill mechanic changed after that.

@d2lover mentioned that as a host can confirm Pyro's shadiness. I second that. For a while, I totally though Pyro was going to live longer lol. At the start of the game, to help with his longevity, he has a choice of BP or Investigation Immunity. He chose BP. The first night, @snickersnack investigated Pyro and I was like, "Damn should I have allowed both?" The answer is maybe? Lol!
Its a gift, what can I say. Its funny that you said you wouldn't want to play poker with me or some other kind of game where you have to figure out if I'm lying or not. Honestly I'm pretty good at straight faced lying in real life as well, I just hardly ever do it because I'm not a used car salesman and I really don't have a reason to.

The choice of either or was good though. I think both would be almost too powerful. Also, knowing that the motion detector was the only "true" investigative role (outside of Dr.Membrane giving it out?) I definitely made the right choice with going for bullet proof.

• Love
Reactions: Leopold Stotch
Hi all

Thanks Leo for a great game. I didn't play my usual self. I had some RL stuff going on that required my attention.
Also, I was not aware of this tv show, AT ALL. It was actually exhausting to try and keep up with something like this, that was completely new to me. This together with my RL stuff led me to just cruise through the game. I had no tells on anybody and really just focused on using my double vote.

On to the next!

A bit like when you were reaching so hard at me in the narcos game, right?
@coju, this kind of shut down your attack on me. Was that your plan? Did you mean to snipe at me in a way that would be easy to deflect?

BTW, I never really suspected you of anything (you were quiet, which should have made me suspicious), and the attempts of other players to refocus on everyone were kind of lost on me. I was very focused on Pyro (which worked) and Pancakes (which didn't).

Great game everyone, very fun! Thanks to butters for hosting and modding, I think you did a fantastic job! :)

Before I go, I just want to say THANK YOU TO EVERYONE!! I was so happy to host this. It was really fun for me, I hope it was fun for y'all too! Thank y'all so much for playing! And another shout out to @Pancakes . HOLY ****, MAN. I thought I loved Zim and knew the lore really well. I feel like I almost found my Zim soulmate in you! :ROFLMAO: How you analyzed and picked up things was amazing and some of the things you said I WISH I had thought of and incorporated. I loved reading each and everyone of y'all's thoughts and theories. Y'all were amazing. Thank y'all so much!
:D I'm blushing. I knew my encyclopedic knowledge of Zim would come in handy one day. Only took me twenty years to prove it! I am not great at reading other players, but I knew if I could cross reference every single post with the lore I could contribute. Seems like it worked out. I have chosen my avatar, just for you butters!

Great game everyone, very fun! Thanks to butters for hosting and modding, I think you did a fantastic job! :)

:D I'm blushing. I knew my encyclopedic knowledge of Zim would come in handy one day. Only took me twenty years to prove it! I am not great at reading other players, but I knew if I could cross reference every single post with the lore I could contribute. Seems like it worked out. I have chosen my avatar, just for you butters!
Oh no, now there are two of them.

Reactions: Leopold Stotch
@coju, this kind of shut down your attack on me. Was that your plan? Did you mean to snipe at me in a way that would be easy to deflect?

BTW, I never really suspected you of anything (you were quiet, which should have made me suspicious), and the attempts of other players to refocus on everyone were kind of lost on me. I was very focused on Pyro (which worked) and Pancakes (which didn't).
Mafia is a “war of attrition” for me.

Weren’t you the Narc in the narcos game? Yes, it was reaching in my part, but it felt like everything sort of was.

:D I'm blushing. I knew my encyclopedic knowledge of Zim would come in handy one day. Only took me twenty years to prove it! I am not great at reading other players, but I knew if I could cross reference every single post with the lore I could contribute. Seems like it worked out.

I loved it!! I think you have more knowledge than I do and I'm so happy you played with us. I think it really helped out.

I'm gonna have to send you a picture of my RL Gir. I got it over ten years ago and he's just a huge stuffed animal. He now lays with my baby in my baby's bed (Not a baby anymore, he's two, but he's still a baby lol)

I have chosen my avatar, just for you butters!

I saw! :love: My twiiiiiiiiiin. BROTHER!!!! /glomp Let's go get some snacks!!!!

End of Game Info:

Roles:

Gaz:
Congratulations! You are Gaz, Vanilla Townie. You really don't want to be bothered in this petty feud between Zim and Dib, but you are pulled in anyway. As long as you have your Game Slave and Bloaty's Pizza, you're all good. Beware of spells, casting, and Mysterious Mysteries.
Special Abilities: None. You are Vanilla Townie. Your power is your vote. You win with the Town when all threats have been eliminated.
Please reply back with a PM confirmation of your name and role.

Gretchen:
Congratulations! You are Gretchen, Vanilla Townie. You have never been to a party and have a little crush on Dib but he doesn't know it. It devastates you.
Special Abilities: None. You are Vanilla Townie. Your power is your vote. You win with the Town when all threats have been eliminated.

Keef:
Congratulations! You are Keef, Vanilla Townie. You won a contest to be Zim's bestest friend but then he no longer required your services at the end of the school day. Let's just say it was a really bad breakup.
Special Abilities: None. You Vanilla Townie. Your power is your vote. You win with the Town when all threats have been eliminated.

Carl:
Congratulations! You are Carl, Vanilla Townie. One time you left your underwear on for a month and it smelled better than when Dib came to class reeking of bolgnoa.
Special Abilities: None. You Vanilla Townie. Your power is your vote. You win with the Town when all threats have been eliminated.

Torque:
Congratulations! You are Torque, Doublevoter. You're kinda just here, pumping iron, tolerating Dib's craziness.
Special Abilities: Your power is your vote. Assuming no interaction or lynch, your vote counts twice. You win when all threats to the Town have been eliminated.

Dib:
Congratulations! You are Dib, the Motion Detector. You know Zim is an alien, you just have to prove it! That will make everyone believe, right? RIGHT?!
Special Abilties: Each night you may target a player and determine if a motion was detected by them (“Motion detected”) or not (“motion not detected.”). Be aware that “motion detected” does not always mean a power role. You win when all threats to the Town have been eliminated.

Professor Membrane:
Congratulations! You are Professor Membrane, an Inventor. You are the father of Dib and Gaz and the most intelligent man on Earth.
Special Abilities: Each night, you will tell me that you want to make a gadget to give to a player of your choosing. What gadgets, you ask? Well....
  1. Super Duper Clear Nightvision Binoculars: one time investigation ability. The player will receive clear results of another player.​
  2. Super Strong-ass Lab Coat: one time bulletproof ability; essentially it's a bulletproof vest. The player is immune from a nightkill that night.
  3. Super Toast: one time double vote power. The player who receives this item at night has the power of two votes the next day.
  4. And finally, Nanoship: one time Heal ability. A player who receives this and was targeted for a NK, they are revived. If a player has been cursed, this will Heal them.
The gadget will be chosen at random and you will know sometime in the night what you have given to targeted player but you will not know if I was successful; i.e., you want to make a gadget for Leo. The mod tells you that you have made Super Toast and have left it in Leo's mailbox. You will not know if Leo checked her mail or not that night. You cannot target yourself for these (although, you do have a trigger switch for something up your sleeve. . . ) and you cannot target a player consecutively. You win when all threats to the Town have been eliminated.

Tak:
Congratulations! You are Tak, the Hideous New Girl at Skool. On the outside, you are a well-disguised human. Underneath, you are an Irken hellbent on revenge! REVENGE ON ZIM! You are the Serial Killer.
Special abilities: On odd nights, you can target a player for a night kill. Your end goal? Find Zim and show him no mercy for all the pain and misery he has caused you. You win when you are the last one standing. It might be hard, but if you kill Zim, you're halfway to victory and no one can take that away from you. Also...
You may choose one of the following items: Bulletproof Irken Pack (essentially a Bulletproof vest) or Immunity Investigation. Please reply back with a PM confirmation of your name and role. Please choose which item before the start of the game.

Zim:
Congratulations! You are ZIIIIIIIM, the greatest Invader on a mission to take over the Earth and destroy Dib because he's a stupid, stinking human.
Special Abilities: You are the Mafia Alien, Role-blocker and Role-stopper. Each night, you abduct players into your lab. They cannot perform any actions nor can they be killed. While in custody, you steal an organ thus rendering them useless the next day to appear more human; i.e., you handicap them and they can't vote. You cannot target the same player consecutively. Beware, not everyone can have their organs stolen. You win when all threats have been eliminated.
Your mafia partner is Gir, played by coju. Gir is the Mafia Hitman. If and when Gir dies, the killing power falls to you, but you lose your RBRS (Abduction) powers for even nights. Please reply back with a PM confirmation of your name and role.

Gir:
Congratulations! You saw a squirrel. It was going like this! *gnashes teeth and looks around
Special Abilities: You are Gir, Mafia Hitman. On even nights, you can select a player for the kill.
Your mafia partner is Zim, Mafia Alien, played by Gorny. If and when Zim dies, his RBRS (role-blocking role-stopping) ability falls to you but only on odd nights.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High