Girls Night Out - MP Group

maxicek

Guide Author
Aug 5, 2005
The theme for the next MP group is "Girls Night Out."
  • Assassins, Amazons and Sorceresses with Act 1 Mercenaries only
  • We don't discriminate against the more hirsute ladies, so werebears are welcome.
  • No other restrictions. Play a Blizzsorc if you really must.

Date is now set: Saturday 25th & Sunday 26th September.
Still one place left - No previous experience of these MP Groups necessary :)

General Rules as before:
  • It is a slow questing playthrough, not a rush. I don't want to play with 7 sorcs all teleporting through the entire game.
  • Host will be 1.14d SC FAM, so your character will need to comply with this.
  • Starting point will be Hell A1, no quests done, so you need to get your character to Champion solo.
  • This will be all quests and waypoints, not a rush. Yes, even A2 Halls of the Dead. We will kill Nihlathak, but taking the WP is up to you.
  • I plan on hosting games at about 14.00 EST / 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET, Saturdays & Sundays. Each session lasting about 2-3 hours, depending on people's availability

Last edited:
Sweet! For those that want to jump into D2R asap, I guess the sooner the better?

How about next weekend?

Tagging @D2DC @PhineasB @Vildecor @skiffcz @Kinkara @d2lover as former participants and interested parties. :)

I'm leaning towards 2h Dream/physical Bear Sorc with Tomby. For Merc I plan to go with either Faith or Wrath, unless we have both covered and prefer something else.

Reactions: D2DC
Next weekend (9/25 & 9/26) works for me! I’m going dual dream kicker, likely with Fleshripper. She’s already in A3 NM, so getting to A1 H over the next week shouldn’t be a problem.

Reactions: maxicek and D2DC
I'm not sure what to run with yet. I need to do a sorc and an assassin for the sept.

@ffs Single Dream? I'm planning one of those too, I mused about it in my dual dream bear sorc thread. I think it will be a much more rounded build.

I will probably go Assassin. I'm thinking of using the Beta Bramble with a Venom based build.

@maxicek
Yeah single Dream, also @Pb_pal is doing something similar in his BotD sept. Dual Dream is more powerful for sure, but I figured since we're likely without Infinity, hybridizing with physical damage seems like a good idea. The other option was 'Ice' crossbow but that will have to wait.

Plus I never played a 2h melee Sorc, bear or otherwise, so I'm looking forward to this! 5 FPA with Tomb Reaver seems really fun... except that I have to put in some extra leveling sessions again in early Hell, even 84 this time... :mad::rolleyes:

Next weekend fine for you, too?

@PhineasB I'm really curious, what's the plan with the kicker in terms of gear/build? I often thought about Dreams on chars other than Sorc and Pally, but boosting the damage with other classes is tricky...

In case it's not obvious, I have a very soft spot for Dreams – my favorite runeword to put the "fun" in "fun builds" :)

I should be good to go by next weekend. Planning on a Buriza strafer, merc will probably be using WWS for the amp. Nothing too fancy.

Nice, seems next weekend works well then!

Taking the liberty to get the table going. :)

Code:
Name              Char              Build              Area/lvl               Rogue Merc
__________        __________        ___________        _______________        __________
ffs               Fluffy            Bear Sorc          A1 N (1)               Faith or Wrath

Haven't started her yet, but luckily questing with Sorc is fast so we should be ready soon.

Anyone planning to include any aura providing runewords or curses that should be considered?

Anyone planning to include any aura providing runewords or curses that should be considered?
I am running with a Faded (no BoS) 2H Tiger Striker, so Fana is a must for her. Also expecting to use Holy Fire and Redemption although that probably makes no difference to the group. Is anybody using Death Sentry or something requiring corpses?

Code:
Name              Char              Build              Area/lvl               Rogue Merc
__________        __________        ___________        _______________        __________
ffs               Fluffy            Bear Sorc          A1 N (1)               Faith or Wrath
d2lover           Velocity          WF MS or Strafe    A1 N (1)               'Edge'

Is anybody using Death Sentry or something requiring corpses?

I hope not. The Hit Freezes Target on my Buriza will make them very, very sad. My merc will be using WWS, providing the occasional amp damage. I may even be tempted to forgo the Buriza strafer plan and turn her into a Zealing tankazon, who knows.

Code:
d2lover           Velocity          WF MS or Strafe    A1 N (1)               'Edge'
Vildecor          Alvarra           Buriza Strafer     A4 N (26)              WWS

Code:
Vildecor          Alvarra           Buriza Strafer     A4 N (26)              WWS
D2DC              Kouhi             TS/Kicker          A1 H (67)              Faith

Fiona went out and bought herself a new dress already. Looks like it'll be a nice upgrade on the 'Myth' Ancient Armor she was clunking around.. Planned on using some Chaos Ice Bolt as crowd control, unless we are gonna have a legit Phoenix Striker? Also available: hit blinds target/slows target, and some Hydra spamming courtesy of Fiona. I have 'Phoenix' for Redemption on switch unless anybody plans on using Death Sentry?

She even made some nice finds already!
Screenshot143.jpg
Screenshot144.jpg

Edit: does anybody by chance have a +3 MA Firelizard's FT, or that I could borrow?

Reactions: ffs
I hope not. The Hit Freezes Target on my Buriza will make them very, very sad. My merc will be using WWS, providing the occasional amp damage. I may even be tempted to forgo the Buriza strafer plan and turn her into a Zealing tankazon, who knows.
My shadow occasionally casts it, but I have no plans to use DS.

I plan to have 1 pt in Death Sentry, but it's supplemental damage, so no issues if others consume corpses or shatter them. I'm thinking Ice or maybe Wrath on the merc. But I may also go with Brand depending on the group's make up.

@ffs my thought on dual Dream is that it's pretty powerful even without buffing skill, and the other mods on Dream are very nice in their own right. With maxed Venom, and the DS, she will be dealing quite some different types of damage quickly, with nice crushing blow, OW and deadly strike. If I were running solo, I would have gone with Infinity merc to run p8, but I think she will hold her own at p8 with the group.

Code:
D2DC              Kouhi             TS/Kicker          A1 H (67)              Faith
PhineasB          Blade             Dual Dream Kicker  A2 NM (55)             ?

Reactions: D2DC and ffs
Edit: does anybody by chance have a +3 MA Firelizard's FT, or that I could borrow?

I think Pindle recently spit one out for me during the MFO.

Code:
Firelizard's Talons
Feral Claws
One Hand Damage: 79 - 191
Durability: 49 of 52
Required Level: 67
Required Strength: 113
Required Dexterity: 113
Fingerprint: 0x8beeca55
Item Level: 86
Version: Expansion 1.10+
Unidentified
+3 to Martial Art Skills (Assassin Only)
+15% Increased Attack Speed
262% Enhanced Damage
Adds 236 - 480 Fire Damage
+1 to Wake of Inferno (Assassin Only)
+1 to Wake of Fire (Assassin Only)
Fire Resist +50%

Feel free to borrow it. Or you could keep it if I can nab a 1.07/1.09 Ravenclaw from you. That would have made leveling this Amazon less of a hassle for sure.

This is very interesting, but I don't have many high-end runewords (e.g. no Dream, no zonFaith, no Ice). Also, next week will be *very* busy at work, and that may spill over into the weekend.

I'll think about levelling up a kick/trapper (or I could do a pure kicker as a tank may be needed, or another tiger strike sin) during the week. I'll check back here and maybe get the last slot.

Reactions: Vildecor
I wouldn't worry too much about those high-end runewords (I don't have any of those yet either) as most of them will already be covered. Hope you can manage to get a character levelled next week!

Reactions: snickersnack
I’m also happy to donate/loan gear to anyone who wants to join. I have quite the items gathering e-dust, so unless you’re after Tyrael’s, I have one and likely multiples that I can loan out for the playthrough (if max is okay with that).

Reactions: snickersnack
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High