Covid-19 Prepping thread

Yet you can't even bring yourself to give him credit for anything positive he did. Even something as simple and straight forward as taking steps to accelerate vaccine production and distribution during a pandemic.

Bile and hatred. That's all you've got.

Oh really?

Sounds like a typical answer from a Trump fanboy

Well I guess that answers that. "Orange man bad." :rolleyes:
You write some of the best Donald Trump erotica on the intertubes.

If the credit for the vaccine development truly belongs to Trump, why are so many of his followers refusing to take something that may save their lives?

41% R's will refuse the vaccine
6% D's will refuse the vaccine

Because republicans are less likely to just blindly follow whatever the celebrity says, whether that celebrity is a politician or a movie star. They tend to be the kind of people who will actually read a contract before signing where as democrats will sign anything you put in front of them because "CRISIS!!!! WE HAVE TO DO THIS THING RIGHT NOW OR PEOPLE ARE GONNA DIE AND IF YOU DON'T DO IT YOU'RE A RACIST!!!!!"

Those numbers reflect a sum of both people who refuse to ever get it and people who would rather wait and let others go first by the way.

• Haha
Reactions: Gorny
What the celebrity says? No, the scientists are the ones telling people to get vaccinated.

Are you typing to us through a pan-dimensional wormhole? Do you live on Bizarro-Earth?

Reactions: Gorny
No, the celebrities are saying the scientists told them to do it. That's how most people are getting their info. The scientists generally aren't the ones parading themselves around on T.V. and taking selfies of getting a shot in the arm. And to be fair, if scientists did that it wouldn't be nearly as effective because most people would be saying "Who the hell is this loser? I wanna see what Justin Bieber did this morning!"

You really had to stretch to come up with that last paragraph of drivel. Scientists, including Fauci have been on tv daily. So you are now blaming The Bieb for not getting vaccinated?

If you are worried that the Bieb might be giving you bad medical advice, google CDC+vaccine and you arrive at a page that says this....

"COVID-19 vaccines are safe and effective."

41% of R's are just idiots.

"COVID-19 vaccines are safe and effective."

They said the same thing about asbestos, DDT, thalidomide, valdecoxib, roficoxib, efalizumab, smoking, bacon and eggs, and of course lets not forget leeches and trepanning as a cure for headache.

When snake oil salesmen come to town, it's republicans who say "wait a minute, how do we know this does what you say it does?" while democrats are always the first to line up at the wagon. It's always been one of the defining characteristics between the two parties, be it medicine, the economy, environmental issues, crime, energy or any number of other issues.

Ted Nugent...."covid is a leftist scam and a hoax".

Also Ted Nugent after contracting a leftist scam and hoax...."I thought I was dying".

They said the same thing about asbestos, DDT, thalidomide, valdecoxib, roficoxib, efalizumab, smoking, bacon and eggs, and of course lets not forget leeches and trepanning as a cure for headache.

When snake oil salesmen come to town, it's republicans who say "wait a minute, how do we know this does what you say it does?" while democrats are always the first to line up at the wagon. It's always been one of the defining characteristics between the two parties, be it medicine, the economy, environmental issues, crime, energy or any number of other issues.
Can you even smell the BS you're shoveling?

Can you even smell the BS you're shoveling?
Do you know that thalidomide caused thousands of stillbirths and more than ten thousand children to be born with severe deformities? Yet it too was considered "safe and effective". DDT, well, they were spraying that stuff on people just to show how safe it was. And yes, bacon and eggs. There was a time when "four out of five doctors recommend bacon and eggs for breakfast every morning". Today people think you might as well hook yourself up to a grease IV.

There are many, many more examples. Science, contrary to popular belief, is not something set in stone the moment we think we know something. If anything, real science is the acknowledgement that we don't know everything. That everything we think we know should be questioned. As such it's perfectly reasonable to exercise some caution and skepticism when it comes to something like, oh I don't know, experimental gene therapy in the form of a vaccine.

If someone promised you that his miracle cure could immunize you against any disease, who's the greater idiot? The one who says they'll have to think about it, or the one who says "Shut up and take my money"?

Last edited:
I'm talking about the whole "When snake oil salesmen come to town, it's republicans who say "wait a minute, how do we know this does what you say it does?" while democrats are always the first to line up at the wagon. It's always been one of the defining characteristics between the two parties, be it medicine, the economy, environmental issues, crime, energy or any number of other issues. "

bit.

It's true. Republicans, because they are traditionally made up of conservatives, are risk averse. Democrats, being traditionally made up of liberals, are risk prone. That's been the case for a very, very long time. Even the word "conservative" is synonymous with restraint, self control, calm. I think the old saying goes something like "anyone under 30 who isn't a liberal has no heart while anyone over 30 who isn't a conservative has no brain".

When I read conservative, I'm more thinking along the lines of people that don't want change because it scares them even if the change might be good.
If it works it aint broken, so lets keep it going even if there is something better or what is working now is almost broken.

I know it does not correctly describe all of them but some of them are like that.

I know it does not correctly describe all of them but some of them are like that.
That's fair. It's also fair to say that some liberals want change just for the sake of change because change is good even if it's change for the worse. (I've actually seen some seriously making that very argument.)

Diablo 4 Interactive Map
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High