Anything Goes D2 Lounge!

My untwinked, orb-it-aller sorc leaves NM after some Meph Runs.

Notable finds: Skin of the Vipermagi 26@ that I have socketed with a P. Ruby, a Skulder's Ire I have socketed with a P. Topaz, an Occulus, a couple of Chance Guards, a Magefist, a Frostburn and a Waterwalk.

I will be entering Hell with 608 hp, 64% block, resists 70/52/80/32, 33 FHR and 80 FCR. I am confident that I will be able to reach Hell Meph and LK with that.

Last edited:
So i rolled a really good LK map and wasn't even trying, just happened to check as i was messing with AT... im slow as hell at doing this though i guess it might get better with time. If i can manage to not screw up and hit nightmare and lose the seed i might spend some time here.

Map is seriously like 2 campfires right next to the waypoint.

So i rolled a really good LK map and wasn't even trying, just happened to check as i was messing with AT... im slow as hell at doing this though i guess it might get better with time. If i can manage to not screw up and hit nightmare and lose the seed i might spend some time here.

Map is seriously like 2 campfires right next to the waypoint.
I wouldn't say I'm super fast, but I did recently complete 10k total runs of LK, divided into 5k runs each that I tackled within a month of each other. I wrote it up in a thread with some tips that I learned along the way and results #1 and #2, just in case that's helpful.

After losing a map with some nice racks, I always would use the keyboard and hit Enter + H to select difficulty instead of clicking so I didn't lose my map. That said, I never had a map as nice as what you describe... sounds very nice indeed!

Last edited:
Reactions: coju, Zyr and Dudzy
I wouldn't say I'm super fast, but I did recently complete 10k total runs of LK, divided into 5k runs each that I tackled within a month of each other. I wrote it up in a thread with some tips that I learned along the way and results #1 and #2, just in case that's helpful.

I always would use the keyboard and hit Enter + H to select difficulty instead of clicking so I didn't lose my map. That said, I never had a map as nice as what you describe... sounds very nice indeed!
Thanks!, do you pop the bodies too or just do chests? and my load times are pretty good so im thinking its better to go to act four after the run rather then just ext the game but will play with it. I'm not really speedy about anything i do in D2 though so would be happy with just staying consistent at sub 30 runs.

Here's a picture of my map, never ran LK a ton but i know this is pretty good.

That is an absolutely sick map. 😱😱😱

I popped bodies for first 5k and only got a Pul for my troubles. In the absence of hard data, I didn't pop for the second 5k. Hit the armor and weapon racks to see the bases, though. I had a Sacred Targe armor rack and got a good bit of +45 bases from it, and a lot of 43-44 before I lost the map. Also got a +4 Thunderstroke and things like that from LK racks. My current map has crap racks, so super chests only it is.

Yea gonna take advantage and see how much i can stand to run it. Im getting over covid so seem like a good use of my time. Will post results as i go i suppose. Its one of those things you get in a rhythm with but its definitely brain numbing too.

• Love
Reactions: BBS_Agonistes
For untwinked Frenzy barbs, what do you guys feel is more practical for leveling: choosing a mastery and sticking with it, or pumping Frenzy and synergies until you have your endgame weapon?

I chose swords because they seemed most likely as endgame weapons. I think a reasonable combo by the end of the game might be Oath / Lawbringer. That said, some of the nice runewords (e.g. Black) don't work for swords. Black has knockback, which is annoying, and it's not really about the ED anyway, just CB, so lost damage from lacking mastery doesn't matter... I could just keep on in stash for bosses. In the meantime, however, there are still a lot of decent uniques I might use along the way (Butcher's Pupil, Demon Limb, etc.), so I'm thinking it might be easier not pumping a mastery until the end and just using the highest damage weapon I run across.

I was doing Baal runs with my shock zealot, but since making Fortitude, I have to switch to legacy graphics most of the time due to crashes from the chilling armor animation. :(

Anyway, I've been doing some area clears with my fishymancer, and I'm getting just a little tired of CS/Baal/Cows/repeat. What are some other areas with good density for clearing with CE? I don't have Enigma, but I do have Naj's Puzzler on switch.

The Pit and AT are pretty good, and Pindle isn't bad either with all those corpses in the courtyard just asking to be minions, though density isn't great. WSK has great density but is tougher -- especially if you get burning souls, etc.

Edit: if you're doing Baal w/o Enigma I guess you were doing WSK already. Not enough sleep lol.

Last edited:
Reactions: snickersnack
The Pit and AT are pretty good, and Pindle isn't bad either with all those corpses in the courtyard just asking to be minions, though density isn't great. WSK has great density but is tougher -- especially if you get burning souls, etc.

Edit: if you're doing Baal w/o Enigma I guess you were doing WSK already. Not enough sleep lol.
Yeah, and I actually like WSK since it has a lot of variety, but the map does get samey. I've hardly ever run AT since I don't really like blizz sorcs much, so that's something for me to try out. Thanks!

For untwinked Frenzy barbs, what do you guys feel is more practical for leveling: choosing a mastery and sticking with it, or pumping Frenzy and synergies until you have your endgame weapon?

I chose swords because they seemed most likely as endgame weapons. I think a reasonable combo by the end of the game might be Oath / Lawbringer. That said, some of the nice runewords (e.g. Black) don't work for swords. Black has knockback, which is annoying, and it's not really about the ED anyway, just CB, so lost damage from lacking mastery doesn't matter... I could just keep on in stash for bosses. In the meantime, however, there are still a lot of decent uniques I might use along the way (Butcher's Pupil, Demon Limb, etc.), so I'm thinking it might be easier not pumping a mastery until the end and just using the highest damage weapon I run across.
I have a twinked Frenzybarb working his way through hell at the moment with only one point in mastery. I have focused more on safety and crowd control with warcries. 20 points in Warcry and 10ish in Howl so it should work against A85 minions (also synergises 1pt Berserk for PI). I would think this way should work well for untwinked play too. I would actually just put a point in all the onehander masteries to be safe for whatever worthwhile weapon that drops.

Just dropped the last Mal I needed to make CtA. I'm quite happy with the roll!

uCI0Lem.png

hEOWWoK.png

Very nice CTA roll, @Arparrabiosa ! My first CTA was a +1 BO. :LOL:

On another note, what do we think of this runeword, SPF? Possible uses? Anyone spend a Cham on this yet?

Code:
Mist
Cham  Shael  Gul  Thul  Ith
5 socket Missile Weapons
Req level: 67

Level 8-12 Concentration Aura When Equipped
+3 To All Skills
+20% Increased Attack Speed
+100% Piercing Attack
+325-375% Enhanced Damage
+9 To Maximum Damage
20% Bonus to Attack Rating
Adds 3-14 Cold Damage
Freezes Target +3
+24 to Vitality
All Resistances +40

Is it just a runeword Burrito-Cannon?
100% Pierce is interesting, but for a character Razortail and a hard point will do the job.
Looks a bit like a Merc weapon really.... But Faith.

• Haha
I haven't made it yet, not sure what I'd use it for.

For bowie it seems worse than Faith for sure, and using it alongside A1 Faith Merc is worse than using Faith on the Amazon together with A2 Might Merc with somthing like Pride or Reaper.

I see no standard/strong build that can make use of it, but perhaps some niche or "fun build", e.g. Werewolf? With the D2R werewolf attack speed changes, it might be an option. Werewolves have short range when using missile weapons, but nonetheless back in the day Buriza was considered a solid Fury option. While Mist doesn't have crazy good offensive stats, at least ED% is pretty high and it provides Concentration as well.

I haven't checked details on the new wereform attack rate mechanics, but my general understanding is that you don't need a lot of on-weapon IAS anymore to achieve high speeds.

There's also summoner builds like Necro and Druid (the latter in particular in D2R).. but again, same as bowie: Faith + A2 merc with strong weapon is better.

Just dropped the last Mal I needed to make CtA. I'm quite happy with the roll!
Nice CTA congrats, seeing as you made it in Double Axe (which is rare), I want to ask whan lead you to that decision?

I havent made CTA yet in D2R but this made me wonder, are flails (even ETH ones), really the way? What is really the best base for universal CTA?

whan lead you to that decision?

It was the only 5os weapons with reasonably low requirements I had at that moment. :ROFLMAO:

What is really the best base for universal CTA?

Any one-handed weapon capable of having 5 sockets with low requirements, really. Flails need 41 str, 35 dex. Double axes (and crystal swords) have 43 str but no dex requirement. Pick your poison.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High