Anything Goes D2 Lounge!

Don’t think ogre axe can get 5 sockets. Would need to be a thresher, cryptic axe or giant thresher, I believe. But I think it would work just fine if IAS on weapon isn’t at a premium. I’ve used it end game for mercs, for example.

Thank you. Didnt know that all bardiche level weapons are locked to three. Liv is in the inner cloister and probably should see Andy tomorrow. Her new weapon obtained from the pits is a 240% Insight Crusader Bow.

AAF5B241-A3E5-4369-A40D-85DEC91A1C05.jpeg

Reactions: coju and Zyr
More questions. How would an obedience eth ogre axe do on p3 hell? Can it be an end game weapon?
EDIT: Didn't see there were already some posts responding to this question--my bad!

The Ogre Axe can only get 3 sockets, so no Obedience for that base. You'll be looking at Thresher, Cryptic Axe, Great Poleaxe, and Giant Thresher for that. Requirements on a Giant Thresher are a bear, and both it and GPA gets 6os from Larzuk, so unless a 5os drops or you get lucky with cube recipe, you'd narrow it down to Cryptic Axe or Thresher.

I think it's a decent endgame option for a melee fighter as far as two-handers go.

EDIT: Didn't see there were already some posts responding to this question--my bad!

The Ogre Axe can only get 3 sockets, so no Obedience for that base. You'll be looking at Thresher, Cryptic Axe, Great Poleaxe, and Giant Thresher for that. Requirements on a Giant Thresher are a bear, and both it and GPA gets 6os from Larzuk, so unless a 5os drops or you get lucky with cube recipe, you'd narrow it down to Cryptic Axe or Thresher.

I think it's a decent endgame option for a melee fighter as far as two-handers go.
Could also go with Mancatcher or Ghost Spear if in D2R, though Thresher is probably the best option IMO. I finished 1.14 with a pally using an Obedience GPA, and it was pretty decent.

Reactions: BBS_Agonistes
Wow, I didn't even know that Obedience could be made in spears now! Now if only we could get "Oath" in all maces without hammers excluded. Not that I particularly want to make Oath in a Legendary Mallet or anything, it just bugs my obsessive compulsive nature that hammers aren't included for whatever reason.

Wow, I didn't even know that Obedience could be made in spears now! Now if only we could get "Oath" in all maces without hammers excluded. Not that I particularly want to make Oath in a Legendary Mallet or anything, it just bugs my obsessive compulsive nature that hammers aren't included for whatever reason.
You can roll runewords in amazon spears as well.

Range adder is also important. Thresher has range adder 1, whereas GPA has range adder 4, so much further reach. Depending on what you're doing you might prefer less range or more range.

Freydis my Tankazon is now level 51 and Act 2 NM. Her killing speed is pretty slow, but the Valk and merc make up for it so making decent progress. Very close to the Dreams, so will b e interesting to see how she does once she gets those equipped.

I was going to see how far I could take Connavar, the zerker Barb, through act V. We started after the killing of Nihli and we just buzzed through the rest of act V.

Nothing of note dropped and I ran into no trouble, only Lester was a bit harder then I would have thought.

So… hell. I started on p1 but that was just a joke. So I’m basically just running hell in p7 while cruising along the story. Only concern is if I get swarmed. Resistance are pretty high already with fire maxed and lightning nearly maxed. I’m using other accounts to look for echoing weapons. So far no luck. Rest of his gear is good enough. Might make some small changing later on

Time to hunt down Big D for the last time with this character (probably)

Morgan_Diablo.png

edit: well that was easy enough...

Last edited:
So like everyone I’ve seen the videos of how the A5 merc can “solo” Ubers with main character standing to the side and supporting them or whatever. To me that doesn’t quite answer the question of whether they would be a help or a hindrance.

My main question is if their casting Taunt would cancel out my Smiter’s Life Tap on the Ubers. If so, that would seem a losing proposition, especially since the Smiter is such a tank and doesn’t really need a mercenary.

Normally I’d test it but I’m a bit reluctant to test it and die / waste a set of keys. Maybe I just didn’t watch the videos carefully enough… sometimes I bore of info in video format somewhat quickly.

D2 is $20 on PlayStation. One thought a few times on picking it up. Thought more now!

I’m hesitant, bc I am used to playing with GoMule. The shared stash does help. And I use 2% of my GoMule stash anyways…

Are those here who play on console do SP also or MP? Pros? Cons? Should I play with a controller on PC to see if I’d like it? Too many questions, not enough time.

But, d2 on the couch does sound pleasant.

D2 is $20 on PlayStation. One thought a few times on picking it up. Thought more now!

I’m hesitant, bc I am used to playing with GoMule. The shared stash does help. And I use 2% of my GoMule stash anyways…

Are those here who play on console do SP also or MP? Pros? Cons? Should I play with a controller on PC to see if I’d like it? Too many questions, not enough time.

But, d2 on the couch does sound pleasant.
Playing on the couch is where it's at!

I play on Xbox. I'd really like to be able to use GoMule, and along with the shared stash I have the 30 character max with all my mules close to full ( but I'm a virtual hoarder)

I do like being able to have so many skills mapped to all the controller buttons. I also think controllers are better on your wrist than a mouse for extended play time.

The one thing I don't particularly care for with a controller is that you don't have precise control over where you aim, and no cursor. For instance if I'm teleporting I can't really control the distance or specific spot, only the direction. Or I can't single out Pindleskin with a lightning bolt very easily... only his general direction if his hoard is around him. There's a sort of magnetic auto aim that will lock onto whatever is close when you aim. You get used to it, and can adapt.

When D2R first came out I played a bit of MP with my son, but now I only play SP after he moved on to other games.

I know load times can be rough on some consoles, but I think my Xbox series X is probably pretty comparable to a decent PC.

Reactions: coju
Yes, no two curses can work simultaneously on a monster, and a new curse will always override the old one; Attract is the only exception.

However, Taunt shouldn't work on Bosses at all.
Thank you! Yeah, still seems like it could be a potential annoyance in places like the Matron’s Den and Furnace of Pain. I think I’ll keep him solo.

Well… got d2 ps5 version. Firesin to act 2. Way different. Same game but different. @Triple Helix there will be some getting used to. Traps in seemed good choice on getting used to the controls and MF later on some.
The couch play is worth it alone. :p

It was probably a bit easier for me to adjust because it had been several years since playing LoD on a mouse and keyboard. But it still felt different for sure.

Freydis is now level 73 and has finished NM, Baal going down fairly quickly. She has Dual Dreams and I sporting the HoJ PB, so she is pretty powerful. Valk and HF merc do a lot of killing though, so it has been pretty safe so far. We'll see how much things change in Hell.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High