Anything Goes D2 Lounge!

@d2lover Yes, but I'm not sure if it is worth the effort.

@snickersnack I Chammed a Shako, but only after I had made all of the Cham RWs. I think the first thing I put a Cham in was a 1.07 Valk Wing for my PvP trapper. I'm with @art_vandelay on this one, for me it is what you do once you have made the RWs you want and have also made eBotD too.

Last edited:
Reactions: snickersnack
@snickersnack cham shako is only worth 5 or 6mf if you use highlords on a pitzerker (which is best). So even though I used my first cham on a shako, I would not do it again. It's also one extra skill on an assassin if that appeals to you, but thats about it. I DO love my cham'd andys on merc though :p (that's where I put my second cham). Have thought about making a second one for muling convenience ;).

Cham runewords suck anyways :p. (except for runeword grail progress)

I actually never tested it, because of the durability of Berserker Axes, but Doom could be very good for a Holyfreeze Paladin

you have the option to go with a Fana A1 merc or Infinity merc

I think the infinity merc provides more oomph

but without atmabugging I won't do that, 26 dura just sucks balls

also there is the 5% chance to cast volcano, don't think I like that

@snickersnack I Chammed a Shako, but only after I had made all of the Cham RWs. I think the first thing I put a Cham in was a 1.07 Valk Wing for my PvP trapper. I'm with @art_vandelay on this one, for me it is what you do once you have made the RWs you want and have also made eBotD too.
Yeah, I'm really leaning toward eBotD now.
@snickersnack cham shako is only worth 5 or 6mf if you use highlords on a pitzerker (which is best). So even though I used my first cham on a shako, I would not do it again. It's also one extra skill on an assassin if that appeals to you, but thats about it. I DO love my cham'd andys on merc though :p (that's where I put my second cham). Have thought about making a second one for muling convenience ;).

Cham runewords suck anyways :p. (except for runeword grail progress)
That is quite a post on the pitzerker. This game still has questions about optimization many years after the last significant update.
I do play assassins a lot, but I don't think that 1allskills is that big of a deal for PvM, and I don't really play PvP. I think I have two eth Andy's; one has a ruby jewel of fervor in it (which gets my barb merc the last ias bp with a legend sword ... just need to get 3 more levels to wear it). [I'm doing a play through with a barb themed assassin right now.]
I actually never tested it, because of the durability of Berserker Axes, but Doom could be very good for a Holyfreeze Paladin

you have the option to go with a Fana A1 merc or Infinity merc

I think the infinity merc provides more oomph

but without atmabugging I won't do that, 26 dura just sucks balls

also there is the 5% chance to cast volcano, don't think I like that
Yeah, I've only made Grief in a plain BA, and the repair costs do get to be a pain. I was thinking of ebugging a BA to remake Grief in. That's kind of a lot of runes just to avoid that gold cost, though. Now, I'm not sure that I'd make a runeword in a non-bugged BA.

I do have a Faith in a Blade Bow, and if I made a Doom, I would try to use it in tandem with Faith. I was thinking that maybe a Doom BA would be good for an Avenger, with Fanaticism from the rogue. Max Cold Resist Aura, Max Conviction, Max Vengeance, the rest split between Holy Shield, and other resist auras for synergy.

I'm on the fence again: make Doom now (maybe some fun builds?) or wait for another Cham (baller). Eh, I'll just keep running and see what drops, I guess.

Thanks for all of the replies!

In case you didn't see it before, this may influence your choice:

In case you didn't see it before, this may influence your choice:
Yes, it just might. Thanks!

edit: basically, I'm just focused on eBotD now.

Last edited:
I wondered if for PvM, where Pierce is vital, a Matriachal Bow actually is better than GMB.

My reasoning would be that even if you get a perfect Fanaaura, you would need 92% IAS to hit the last breakpoint with a GMB, while with a MB you hit it basicly for free (48% i believe)

I assume 45 ias from helm, 20 gloves, 20 amulet, and 10 from belt for GMB
For MB you could still wear Razortail and don't have to socket 3 * ias jools, but could rather go for 30 max jools (good luck finding those) and one Ias jool (depending on which helmet you use)

So, is GMB Faith not recommended for PvM?

I mean the whole point of Faith is to attack quickly...

@d2lover

For me, a Faithzon competes with a WFzon/Faith Merc setup. Pierce/KB aren't dealbreakers imo because you'll almost exclusively mutishot.

I've recently theorycrafted one using my 343ed/13fana Diamond Bow and assuming L17 Conc Pride Merc, the damage numbers barely meet or are slightly lower than the WF setup.

Going GMB definitely beat WF, but comes at a cost of using Atma's. If my calculation is correct, Mat bows require another 40 or so average damage from gear to catch the GMB, so that may affect gear flexibility as well.

Nevertheless, I'm still stoked about trying one, just need the runes to complete a Pride.:p

why is atmas coming up in a faith discussion?

it only realisticly works with strafe, and for immunes you've got the lightning berserk or Frostarrow

multi>strafe imo, even with atmas, simply more arrows per second

I'm just throwing it in for my like-for-like comparison against Faith/WF build. I haven't crunched the numbers for Reapers/Faith vs WF/Faith.

Personally, with high chance to hit, Atma's triggers often enough, and especially useful at higher player settings even with multi. It's still all preference though since Reapers Merc definitely trigger decrep faster, at the cost of a possible Pride.

@frozzzen and @Gripphon will tell you the only way to build a PvP bowazon is with Mat Bow, which allows you to wear Kira's.
@nulio went for Shadow IIRC
@Nagisa had a GMB and was very effective.

For PvM IIRC GMB at 8FPA > MB at 7FPA. Or just read Art's summary.

Edit: Almost forgot, I went GMB for PvP too :)
For PvM go Colossus Crossbow at 11FPA. With 61.5 average damage, the DPS won't be too different. Massive style points.

Last edited:
I found an cute little large charm.

L0shimmerLC.png

I consulted the Arreat Summit to see how well it rolled. I learned that a shimmering prefix can vary between 3 and 8 on a large charm, so this one is just one less than a best possible roll. Being curious, I also found that a shimmering small charm rolls 3 to 5, and shimmering grand charm rolls 3 to 15. So I deduce that, for the shimmering prefix, a small or grand charm can provide up to 5 all-resist per inventory space, but a large charm only gives up to 4 per space. I wondered whether there may be an affix for which a large charm shines better.

Has anyone already summarized a handy "best-in-class" judgment list for other charm affixes? Please forgive me if I just reinvented-a-wheel, but here's my version of such a summary, with highest possible rolls per inventory space highlighted in in blue.

"Best possible charm rolls"SmallLargeGrand
-- Prefixes:
Defense (Stalwart)3060 (30 per inventory space)100 (33.3 per inventory space)
Minimum Damage (Red/Sanguinary/Bloody)12 (1)3 (1)
Maximum Damage (Jagged/Forked/Serrated)12 (1)3 (1)
Stamina (Rugged)1632 (16)50 (16.6)
Attack Rating (Steel)3677 (38.5)132 (44)
AR & Damage (Fine/Sharp)20 & 348 & 6 (24 & 3)76 & 10 (25.3 & 3.3)
Magic-find (Lucky)--6 (3)12 (4)
Mana (Serpent's)1734 (17)59 (19.6)
All Resistances (Shimmering)58 (4)15 (5)
One Resist (Amber/Emerald/Ruby/Sapphire)1115 (7.5)30 (10)
Cold Damage (Hibernal)10 to 2015 to 30 (7.5 to 15)13 to 25 (4.3 to 8.3)
Fire Damage (Flaming)19 to 2927 to 43 (13.5 to 21.5)18 to 36 (6 to 12)
Lightning Damage (Shocking)to 71to 90 (to 45)to 79 (to 26.3)
Poison Damage (Pestilent)175, 6 seconds175 (87.5), 6 seconds100 (33.3), 6 seconds
Skill tree (Acrobat's, Burning, etc.)----+1
-- Suffixes:
Maximum Damage (of Craftsmanship/Quality/Maiming)12 (1)4 (1.3)
Faster Hit Recovery (of Balance)58 (4)12 (4)
Gold-find (of Greed)1022 (11)40 (13.3)
Magic-find (of Good Luck)7----
Life (of Vita)2035 (17.5)45 (15)
Stat (of Strength/Dexterity)25 (2.5)6 (2)
Faster Run/Walk (of Inertia)35 (2.5)7 (2.3)
Cold Damage (of Winter)5 to 96 to 12 (3 to 6)6 to 11 (2 to 3.6)
Fire Damage (of Incineration)7 to 1310 to 17 (5 to 8.5)7 to 14 (2.3 to 4.6)
Lightning Damage (of Storms)to 28to 38 (to 19)to 33 (to 11)
Poison Damage (of Anthrax)50, 6 seconds50 (25), 6 seconds50 (16.6), 6 seconds

Measured by "benefit per inventory space," it turns out that only large charms of strength and of dexterity can out-perform their small or grand counterparts. Now I have a new item grail to pursue, consisting of only two large charms. I do have a GoMule stash with a +5 strength large charm in it, but I haven't yet stashed a +5 dexterity large charm. I'll be sure to let you know when I complete the collection. 😜

Ha ha, nice quick turnaround, art_vandelay! It looks like the only real difference between your table and mine are the color-coded judgments for Defense and Stamina charms. (Not that it matters, I'm not an avid rugged charm collector. But someday I really should make a sweaty endurance barbarian with 20 points spent in stamina mastery, and when I do, of course I must also twink a bunch of rugged charms to him as well, just for style's sake.) 😅

Reactions: art_vandelay
Ha ha, nice quick turnaround, art_vandelay! It looks like the only real difference between your table and mine are the color-coded judgments for Defense and Stamina charms. (Not that it matters, I'm not an avid rugged charm collector. But someday I really should make a sweaty endurance barbarian with 20 points spent in stamina mastery, and when I do, of course I must also twink a bunch of rugged charms to him as well, just for style's sake.) 😅
Fixed it, thanks for noticing!

Maybe you should focus on defense instead of Stamina, a lot more ways to boost that :p

I could have sworn the the best Lightning Damage per square was on Shocking Large Charms. That said I seem to have zero shocking SCs in my stashes.

• Wow
Reactions: Swamigoon
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High