[2018] Tournament: Set/Unique Worshippers 2017 [by jiansonz]

And Deeds!

I should know better than to take screenshots while in combat. I took my eyes away for a moment to take a screenshot and next thing I know, I was dead. Too bad, because I was feeling pretty good.

Here was the last sight Haramis laid eyes on in this life. I didn't even realize Elgifu died, but I see his death animation in this shot. No wonder I died right after.
View attachment 9170

So I ended up Haramis, level 49 in NM, The Hole, 28 S/U found

Better than I thought I'd do first time around, and would have been better if I hadn't made a stupid mistake.

@LacertaCK:
Ouch.

I presume that your Orb was pretty darn powerful at this stage, which makes it more likely to try to take on a little too much.

The screenie shows the Multishot archer boss (behind a dying spitter), and you can see her 3-arrow volley coming towards the character. Could that even be what killed you (seeing that she had Fanaticism help)?
Do you know which monster had the Fanaticism? Brute, spitter, or was it a double archer bosspack? Very dangerous either way.

Moving along nicely - I had a weekend without any special plans.

We came upon Riftwing's pack almost the first thing we did in the Sewers. Got some rather rare green belts from that pack:

View attachment 9197

I am going to make room for Credendum (but it hasn't happened yet). It has 15% resist all, so I could swap out some cold/lightning resist charms for one with fire resist (to make up for it being lower than on Sigon's Wrap) and the rest for +life. Should make some gains there. Since I nearly always have my sword/shield setup when monsters die (especially bosses), the Sigon's boots MF combo would still be in effect with boots-gloves-shield.

Four of the temples were quite calm but the two on the Causeway had some excitement. Reliquary had a double whammy Stone Skin beetles duo (I've pasted in the second name from another screenie):

View attachment 9198

Both were PI when not Decrepified, and we could only make progress against them when I had recast Valkyrie about a dozen times and got one with a long-lasting poison weapon. Still needed luck there since she whiffed a lot because of the Stone Skin, and it was also important that I got Fazel into a position where sparks didn't hit him. They each took many minutes to kill.

Fane had a stairs trap in the form of a bettle pack and a Fanaticism bat bosspack. Luckily, Fazel was standing behind the Valkyrie so he was shielded from most attacks. Viri found herself in a corner, blocked in by a beetle:

View attachment 9199

This was scary, because those Fanatic hits hurt (beetles use Double Swing, I think). I could have left by the stairs but then I would risk an even worse position next time. And if there was a next time, we would have risked moving forward and wake up more monsters. (Some archers or snakes on top of this would have been BAD!)

So I toughed it out with potions, until Fazel had killed enough in front of him to turn his attack to the blocker bettle.

I like the name of this guy, since he is indeed a Mauler:

View attachment 9200

Bremm Sparkfist had Conviction, and killed the Valkyrie and Fazel twice each. My main focus was to move Viri so she was standing straight S or E from Bremm so the sparks wouldn't hit.

Mephisto was easily killed - I needed only two Valkyrie recasts. No S/U items in his drop.

Spawners in three of four possible areas in Act IV. Sometimes, Viri had to get her hands dirty if she didn't want the fights to least freakin' forever...

View attachment 9201

Izual was killed in about 8 seconds. Yikes!

OTOH, the Heffer was very hard to hurt (PI when not Decrepified):

View attachment 9202

HF rune was a Fal, which meant I could now cube a Lem, a rune needed for upgraing exceptional unqiue armors. Ridiculously enough, I still haven't found a Ko rune! Need that or Lum x2 for making a Twitchthroe Wire Fleece for Fazel.

Chaos Sanctuary has been the first area on Hell difficulty where even a poison immune Valkyrie can't take on enormous monster packs. Infector's pack was one example. That fight was tricky because The Infector had Teleportation. Often when he teleported, some of his minions would run after him.

With my strong minions, I decided to let them take DeSeis' pack head-on:

View attachment 9203

It worked, but I needed at least half a dozen Valkyrie recasts.

Diablo fight was less easy than I thought it would be, because it was hard to predict his targetting. Sometimes he even swapped targets in what looked like a stable fighting situation. But we settled nicely for a time long enough for Guillaume's and my sparky pokes to do their thing:

View attachment 9204

[Highlight]Griswold's Edge[/Highlight] (Kurast Bazaar, Thrasher boss)
[Highlight]Bloodthief[/Highlight] (Kurast Bazaar, swarm boss)
Wilhelm's Pride (Icehawk Riftwing's minion)
Credendum (Icehawk Riftwing) <- grailer!
[Highlight]Gravenspine[/Highlight] (Sewers, Undead Soul Killer boss)
Isenhart's Case #5 (Upper Kurast)
Death's Touch #3 (Upper Kurast)
Cleglaw's Pincers (Plains of Despair, DK boss) <- Viri completes her 4th set
[Highlight]The Ward[/Highlight] (Chaos Sanctuary)
[Highlight]Black Hades[/Highlight] (Diablo)

[Highlight]Viridissima the Amazon and Fazel the Holy Freeze guard, level 86, Hell Bloody Foothills next, 146 S/U items found.[/Highlight]

Pam has just woken up in the Outer Cloister. She was wet with sweat and shaking like a leaf. It appears that she was having a nightmare.

She is a level 51 Amazon with 43 S/U items. Here are her S/U items:

Wearing: Arctic binding and Arctic Mitts
Arctic Horn Bow
Angelic Halo and Angelic Mantle
Hotspurs
Cathan's Seal ring
Iratha's Coil and Collar

Offhand: Civerb's Ward and Ciberb's Cudgel

Merc: Cleglaw's Tooth
Isenhart's Case
Infernal Cranium
Stormguild Shield

Others not being used; 2 more Isenhart's Cases, Hwanin's Blessing, Deathspade, Berserker's Hatchet, 2 Skull Splitters, Crushflange, a second Angelic Mantle, The Cheiftan, another Cathan's Seal, Gleam Scythe, 2 Griswald's Edges, Kinemil's Awl, Vidala's Snare, 2 Lance of Yaggais, Sander's Riprap, Mahim Oak Curio, Cleglaws Pincers, Cathan's Rule, Isenhart's Lightbrand, Milabrega's Orb, Sigon's Gage, Soul Flay, Steelclash, Sword back Hold.

Next stop is Andariel.

I'm not entirely sure, but I only saw that one brute and one spitter, while the screen was swarming with archers, so I suspect it was a double archer pack. And yes, the 3 arrows probably are what killed me. The sad part is that if I had thrown another frozen orb instead of taking the screenshot, they would have all been dead and I likely would have been fine. When I enter another character, I'll probably not take action shots. Just playing some softcore at the moment, have to think about what class to reenter with.

Pam has killed Nightmare Andarial and moved on to Lut Gholein. She is at level 53. Since my last post was only 2 posts back in the thread, I will not list all of the SU items again, but five more were found during the approach to Andarial. The new items brought the total to 48 and they are: Sigon's Visor, another Sandar's Riprap, Duskdeep, Milabrega's Rod and another Isenhart's Case.

I tried to update the leaderboard and discovered I had no idea how to do it. So, could someone give me a lesson on how it is done?

I also would like some advice on equipment. On the way to Radament I found a Tarnhelm with +39 MF. Pam currently wears the Iratha coil and collar for her Helm and Amulet. I could change that and wear the Tarnhelm and use the Mahim-Oak Curio for amulet. The magic find seems important in this tournament, but living is also of prime importance. Here are the stats for the two options:

With Iratha's coil and collar
STR=65, Dex=65, VIT=178, Erg=63, FR=77, CR=46, LR=44, PR=32, Def=507,
Stam =294, Life=778, Mana=165, MF=64

With Tarnhelm and Mahim-Oak
STR=75, Dex=75, VIT=188, Erg=73, FR=42, CR=41, LR=9, PR=-3, Def=376,
Stam =304, Life=808, Mana=1805, MF=103

Pam depends on her Valkyrie (20 skill points) to allow her to avoid the enemy. Pam uses a bow with 8 skill points in Freezing Arrow. She has not been using the decoy, but that is another way to avoid the enemy.

The extra magic find of the Tarnhelm is balanced by the poorer resistances (especially poison). Other advantages that the Mahim=Oak gives are +10 to all attributes and +10 resist all (I wish it were +40!).

I am playing on P8, so I am used to being careful. My tempation is to go with the Magic Find, but what do you think???????

Whoops

Diablo fart and my skellie army disappear along with the moron, several repeat cycles of this and barely any dead to get skellies from i was resorting to darting in to do the odd whack with my Gnasher. It kinda fail when i got a full blast of red lightning to the face...

Choccopower now dead alas having reached level 34, did get one more set item since last update which was Sigons boots which are gone now.

Better than a older HC fishymancer where i went to make a cuppa and came back to a dead dude cos the moron or skellie army had wandered off far enough to wake up other monsters.... I thought everything was already dead too.

have a new one which will appear when anything green or gold appears

Finally got back on the horse a little bit today...

Brigid_Crane found a decent merc weapon (good, but not better than the Bloodthief he's using now though).
View attachment 9248

She killed Andariel, but the demon dropped junk. The Berzerker's Hatchet was from another monster.
View attachment 9249

Radament was kind enough to drop a useable helm, but she's already wearing a Topaz encrusted Duskdeep, and the merc sports a nice Undead Crown, which is good in act 2 in my opinion due to the 50% ED to undead and 5% LL.
View attachment 9250

Brigid_Crane, level 53 Fireballer, Lut Gholein

So I decided to give Brigid a break, because even though they are fast, sorcs just aren't that appealing to me (except Blaze and melee, those are fun for me). Maybe it will get better once Lightning is further along as a backup skill, even though the lightning tree will have more points than the fire tree in the end.

I went back to AndrewNiteTorch, at least for tonight, because he's farther along his journey, despite that dumb glitch that soured him to me. I had parked him at Jail level 2 but made it to the inner cloister and to the end of the act without too much trouble.

Guys like these died through the bars to Gulzar's upgraded Battlebranch. Cheesy, but works well.
View attachment 9256

We got a nice prize in the catacombs. Unfortunately it means we'd be spending over 50 of our 70+ spare stat points in dexterity to wield it just for some enchant bonus. Not really necessary with Conviction aura, so we stashed it for now. Interestingly, my Five Stages of Grief Amazon also found this weapon and it was usable for her.
View attachment 9257

This boss' lightning bolts were VERY painful for us, especially with the ax on switch. We got hit from over 1000 to under 200 within a second, twice, and I was slow on the rejuvs but was on the move so continued bolts that would have killed him missed. As you can see I eventually had Andrew switch to Salvation and hit him once to activate the PMH from the Hwanin's belt and Gulzar did the rest.
View attachment 9258

I resurrected Gulzar about a half dozen times and Andariel killed him within a second or two each time, so I gave up and fought her alone, which was much easier. The Minotaur made her a lot slower and we finished her off with the MF switch.
View attachment 9259

Fat lot of good it did us.
View attachment 9260

Though, as you can see the small charm she dropped is pretty nice.
View attachment 9261

AndrewNiteTorch, level 77 Charger, Lut Gholein

Pam has killed Duriel (players 8) and moved on to the Kurast Docks.
She is a level 60 Amazon with 63 S/U items. Here are her S/U items:

Wearing: Arctic binding and Arctic Mitts
Arctic Horn Bow
Angelic Halo and Angelic Mantle
Hotspurs
Cathan's Seal ring
Tarnhelm
Mahim Oak Curio

Offhand: Civerb's Ward and Ciberb's Cudgel

Merc: Isenhart’s Lightbrand
Isenhart's Case
Infernal Cranium
Stormguild Shield

Others not being used; another Angelic Mantle, another Angelic Halo, Berserker’s Hatchet, Blacktongue, Bonesnap, Cathan’s Rule, 2 more Cathan’s Seals, Cleglaws Pincers, Cleglaw’s Tooth, Crushflange, Deathspade, Duskdeep, Gleamscythe, 2 Griswold’s Edges, Humongous, Hwanin’s Blessing, Iratha's Coil, Iratha’s Collar, 4 more Isenhart’s Cases, Isenhart’s Horns, another Isenhart’s Lightbrand, Kinemil’s Awl, 2 Lance of Yaggai, Milabrega’s Orb, Milabrega’s Rod, 2 Sander’s Riprap, Sigon’s Gage, Sigon’s Sabot, Sigon’s Visor, 3 Skull Splitters, Soulflay, Steelclash, Stooutnail, Swordback Hold, Tancred’s Crowbill, Taancred’s Spine, The Cheiffain, another Mahim-Oak Curio, Vidal’s Snare

She has the following statistics:

Level 60

Strength 65 + 15 from charms and items
Dexterity 44 + 30
Vitality 195 + 10
Energy 76 + 10
Life 873
Mana 210
Stamina 328
Defense 376
Magic Find 103

Skill Point assignments:

Cold Arrow 12
Ice Arrow 5
Freezing Arrow 15
Valkyrie 20
Decoy 5
Critical Strike 2
Penetrate 1
Evade 1
Avoid 1
Dodge 1
Slow Missiles 1
Inner Sight 1

Next stop is Mephisto.

Talameer took off quickly after level 24. Most encounters i tried to fill the screen with as much monsters as possible. Most often it led to a one sided war with most of them being converted and letting them beat the $hite out of eachother! :D

Had very few drops through Act 3 which was unfortunate. Had 2 drops during Act 4 which were a bit of a joke tbh. Don't understand it....:

View attachment 9265

3 god damn Berserker Splint Mails!!!!!!! 3!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11!!1!

The game is pissed at me for my whacky build. The bone wand became my highest damage weapon. Tough going, but most fighting was between the monsters. I didn't even have to touch Izual and Hephasto, the monsters did there job while they lasted. Most fights turned out like so:

View attachment 9266
Act bosses were tough, especially Diablo. At one point he did 6 chain-lighting moves in a row. Relentless! He kept using bone prison which i had 1 or 2 luckys escapes from! The fight went mostly like this, with my merc sneakily inflicting most of the damage:
View attachment 9267

Alas, the fight went on and on, back and fourth to town for pots and pots.

It wasn't enough.

Eventually he trapped me and i was out of Pinks:

View attachment 9268

Not sure if the death message is because of the bone prison or my thorns....? Anyway, might do another as i enjoy depending on the random drops and making the game more difficult because it is a cakewalk with runewords...

[highlight]Talameer, Thorny Paladin, Level 32, CS, Dead[highlight][/highlight][/highlight]

Diablo 4 Interactive Map
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High