One, Two, Buckle my Shoe - Item Find Thread - Mar 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
@d2lover resists are unnecessary if the Novamancer runs the Pit :) On a more serious note, that circlet is quite nice to fill FR gap, and I think Um and charms should work well to get FR and LR respectable, especially pending resists from boot and FCR slot

Reactions: d2lover
This has to be a record....
Chance to get 5 TP scrolls from quest Duriel is exactly 1 in 243 and at least 1 in 243 for non-quest Duriel, so nope, it happens quite a lot actually :p

The actual record would be to get 6 TP scrolls which only non-quest Duriel can give you and that's quite a bit more rare (although I have no clue how rare exactly).

Why does Duriel only ever seem to drop crap? Act 2 is my favourite and I'd love to be able to farm Duriel if I so choose, but I know he's no good.

Why does Duriel only ever seem to drop crap? Act 2 is my favourite and I'd love to be able to farm Duriel if I so choose, but I know he's no good.
Short answer is: Duriel is actually awesome, people just don't give him a chance.

Long answer is a bit more involved. What's good about him:
  • Duriel can be qbugged just like Andariel. He will have similar quality to her drops.
  • Duriel can drop everything that Andariel drops and more, including Arach, all Amulets, all Rings and Facets.
  • Quest Duriel drops around 5 to 5,5 items on average that are not TP scrolls (depending on psetting).
  • You can get a godly map where the orifice is just one teleport away from the entrance.
What's bad about him:
  • In order to roll a Duriel map you need to find the Summoner (either that or try out every tomb).
  • He doesn't drop everything that Mephisto drops.
It should be said that in addition to all this quest Duriel should be the best source for facets in the entire game. Probably also for Mara's and Wisp as well.

Most people only ever see one drop from him per playthrough which tends to be crap. But if you pick a random Andariel or Mephisto drop they also have a high chance to be crap. It's just that people run those two extensively and that's how they rack up positive experiences. In contrast nobody runs Duriel because a) they don't know he can be qbugged and b) they only hear bad things about him.

Realistically Duriel becomes a great target once you have RWG and just want facets. Why run Council when you already have all the runes and items they can drop a million times over? Perfect facets are the really rare things in this game and they are often the missing pieces in some endgame setups such as @Gripphon 's decked out Fireball Sorc for AS.

Running him early on is a bad idea though, no question about it.

Great stuff @art_vandelay. I had a couple things I felt I had to add though :p

• Duriel can be qbugged just like Andariel. He will have similar quality to her drops.
I think you have to mention this require self-mp. Otherwise people will be confused why they haven't heard about it before. And many people don't do self-mp.

It should be said that in addition to all this quest Duriel should be the best source for facets in the entire game. Probably also for Mara's and Wisp as well.
Don't forget metalgrid! Have seen at least one guy have this last on his grail and he farmed non-qbug duriel some for it. And non-qbug duriel is actually still pretty good for jewelry. IIRC you and I rough-calc'd he was close to meph?

Realistically Duriel becomes a great target once you have RWG and just want facets. Why run Council when you already have all the runes and items they can drop a million times over? Perfect facets are the really rare things in this game and they are often the missing pieces in some endgame setups such as @Gripphon 's decked out Fireball Sorc for AS.
Lol so grape phineas and maxicek can farm him over trav :p.

Short answer is: Duriel is actually awesome, people just don't give him a chance...

Running him early on is a bad idea though, no question about it.
This is great info, thank you! I will have to give him a try. Metalgrid would be especially neat, I'd like to roll some iron golems on non-necro characters.

Unfortunately all my characters are still fairly 'poor', and my rune wealth is especially low, so he might not be the right boss to murder yet.

And my Jah went into use :)

Code:
 Dream
Bone Visage
IoJahPul
     Defense: 381
     Durability: 40 of 40
     Required Level: 65
     Required Strength: 106
     Fingerprint: 0xe6ecee3
     Item Level: 84
     Version: Expansion 1.10+
10% Chance to cast level      15 Confuse when struck
     Level 15 Holy Shock Aura When Equipped
     +30% Faster Hit Recovery
     +30% Enhanced Defense
     +179 Defense
     +10 to Vitality
     Increase Maximum Life 5%
     +31 to Mana (Based on Character Level)
     All Resistances +13
     24% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items
3      Sockets (3 used)
     Socketed: Io Rune
     Socketed: Jah Rune
     Socketed: Pul Rune

Ooh, I didn't expect to stumble into a strategy discussion on this page. Nice answer @art_vandelay and thanks for answering the unasked question that was bound to follow @Luhkoh. (y)

As for me, I've reached what feels like it'll probably be the last milestone on my Helm-Hammerhand's march to clvl 99.

40 million xp left to go:

Screenshot208.png

Or in other words, if I'd saved the Ancients I'd be done right now. :p But let's be serious, a pre-1.13 Hammerdin that doesn't run Baal!? What would have been the point! And besides, I've got some outstanding items left to find. For example where's my Dragonscale! ... I've put in the runs and ... (checks drop calculator) ... oh ... oh my ... well I guess I'll need to expect to do quite a few more runs for that ...

However, nearly as rare, Diablo did reach deep into his bag of goodies and pull out the TC 84 with the third highest qlvl:

Screenshot205.png

Ravenlore
Sky Spirit
Defense: 371
Durability: 12 of 20
(Druid Only)
Required Strength: 113
Required Level: 74
Item Version: 1.10+ Expansion
Item Level: 94
Fingerprint: 0x4d1dbb6
+25 to Energy
+138% Enhanced Defense
All Resistances +20
+7 to Raven (Druid Only)
+3 to Elemental Skills (Druid Only)
-15% to Enemy Fire Resistance

I've never used one before because it is sooo ugly and the stats tend to be sooo messy that it's easy for me to prefer to use Jalal's. But this particular Ravenlore really appeals to me ... something about the key variable stats being all multiples of five :whistle: . I was wondering if I had a 5/5 fire facet in my stash but before I could stop and check ...

Screenshot206.png

Rainbow Facet
Jewel
Required Level: 49
Item Level: 85
Fingerprint: 0xd5b3ed7a
Adds 17-45 fire damage
100% Chance to cast Level 29 Blaze When You Level Up
+5% to Fire Skill Damage
-5% to Enemy Fire Resistance

... a 5/5 fire facet dropped off a random monster in the Vizier's wing. I've recently found two Earth Shifters. I think the game is trying to tell me something ...

I've also had some rune luck of late:

Screenshot203.png
Screenshot204.png

The Ist dropped from when the last seal boss fell and perhaps so too did the Mal? ... it's a little hard to keep track of all the carnage when the hammers start flying! That's my first Ist since last November and only my third Mal ... somehow I didn't recall 1.11b being quite this stingy with runes ... Oh well. With this Ist my Hammerdin has now found at least one of every rune through Vex on his journey to clvl 99.

... which reminds me ...

Break time's over! Back to CS! Grind! Grind! Grind! Let's get this done!

This weekend, I decided to start streaming my MF runs just in case something cool drops and I wanna show it off (100% honest, I truly don't care if anyone watches, so this is not a shameless plug :cool:). Two highlights from my few hours:

This one happened late last night and made me slump back in my chair. If you watch the full 1:30, you can probably imagine what was running through my head. And I got this highlight while running today. Neither are grailers, but both are what I'd call rare finds.

This weekend's stuff...
Kira's Guardian
Tiara
Defense: 114
Durability: 13 of 13
Required Level: 77
Item Level: 88
Fingerprint: 0x9deeb80d
+54 Defense
All Resistances +70
20% Faster Hit Recovery
Cannot Be Frozen
Ethereal (Cannot be Repaired)

Mang Song's Lesson
Archon Staff
Two-Hand Damage: 83 to 99
Durability: 15 of 26
Required Strength: 34
Required Level: 82
Staff Class - Slow Attack Speed
Fingerprint: 0xe6f6a4de
Regenerate Mana 10%
30% Faster Cast Rate
150% Damage to Undead
+5 to All Skill Levels
-10% to Enemy Fire Resistance
-8% to Enemy Lightning Resistance
-15% to Enemy Cold Resistance

The Grandfather
Colossus Blade
One-Hand Damage: 84 to 219
Two-Hand Damage: 196 to 388
Required Dexterity: 110
Required Strength: 189
Required Level: 81
Sword Class - Normal Attack Speed
Indestructible
Fingerprint: 0x88e31b97
+20 to Strength
+20 to Energy
+20 to Dexterity
+20 to Vitality
+80 to Life
+238% Enhanced Damage
50% Bonus to Attack Rating
Indestructible
+2 to Maximum Damage (Based on Character Level)

Stormspire
Giant Thresher
Two-Hand Damage: 101 to 289
Required Dexterity: 140
Required Strength: 188
Required Level: 70
Polearm Class - Very Fast Attack Speed
Indestructible
Fingerprint: 0x56684e20
+10 to Strength
+154% Enhanced Damage
Lightning Resist +50%
Adds 1-237 lightning damage
30% Increased Attack Speed
Attacker Takes Lightning Damage of 27
Indestructible
5% Chance to cast Level 5 Chain Lightning when struck
2% Chance to cast Level 20 Charged Bolt when struck

Rainbow Facet (grailer)
Jewel
Required Level: 49
Item Level: 87
Fingerprint: 0x91246f1a
Adds 24-38 cold damage over 0 seconds
100% Chance to cast Level 37 Blizzard When You Die
+5% to Cold Skill Damage
-5% to Enemy Cold Resistance

Just wanted to share my boots that I had on my LF/FA zon for quite a while. The more I look at them (or look for alternatives), the better they seem to me.

OqVtW6R.jpg

84 combined mf/@res and 20 FRW. Better boots can certainly be found, but boots is low in the gamble priority right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Diablo 4 Interactive Map
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High