Finding the Balance: MF/RF Tournament (Signup & Running)

And I dont loose my main gear on the corpse if I have to S/E while wearing my body recovery gear?

@Pax1990 No. As a general rule, as long as there is only corpse on the ground, you can't do anything to mess things up (as long as the game doesn't crash, so DO remove delirium... actually I think this is fine too as long as you only die once, but whatever... always remove delirium!). So basically always recover the corpse and never ever fail :p. Put on recovery gear, click your corpse once (and look at the exp bar to make sure you got some exp back), and s/e immediately. If you do course recoveries naked, there is no risk of losing items ofc, but I think its a terrible idea. I don't think I have ever failed a corpse recovery with naj's staff, viper, and fcr/resist jewelry (or jewelry with str/dex if needed to equip naj's staff). But I have failed very many going naked.

Reactions: PhineasB
@Luhkoh ok thanks alot for the explanation. I was always super scared of losing my gear. I will go for the recovery from now on.

Reactions: Luhkoh
I made it 4.5 hours into the second set with the Untwinked Windy:
Screenshot007.jpg
He pinged around 4:19, so I finished up to the half hour for good measure. An interesting 4.5 hours for drops, with this Skiller complimenting the one of Vita (40) he found during the first set:
Code:
Sounding Grand Charm of Dexterity
Grand Charm
Required Level: 42
Fingerprint: 0x858592ae
Item Level: 85
Version: Expansion 1.10+
Unidentified
+1 to Warcry Skills (Barbarian Only)
+5 to Dexterity
He also finally found a Gheeds (27MF) about two hours in, bringing his final MF to 405%. I will switch up to my HC Sorc and see if I can get through 10 hours in CS for the Runefinding Tour. Tomorrow is a holiday, so that will help get some solid progress. Keep it up everyone!

Babyhell set 2: a Tyrael's hunt [10h20 in]
After quite some time with no upgrade, finally it happened shortly before the end of last night's session. A disappointing one, but still a valuable one, so let's update that table with Upgrade 2, and make it all green!

As @PhineasB, today will be a non working day. I have to throw some solid hours in if I want to complete the set by sunday, I may not be able to play tomorrow at all, unsure about friday. Anyway less than 10 hours on three non working days, it should be doable though.

Let's find some more upgrades!

Progress table
Pointer found
The PitsZerkAndDestroyUpgrade 2 (S/U)
The PitsZerkAndDestroyValuable (S/U)
The PitsZerkAndDestroyUpgrade 1 (Rune)

Last edited:
Tomorrow is a holiday, so that will help get some solid progress.
You're in the US right? I didn't think anyone actually got Veterans Day off. I'm jealous :p.

I'm still grinding out singer runs. Found this beauty of a nonqual:
AvLLjCK.png

But thats about it. Regardless I'm going to keep grinding out singer runs since I want to get to 1000 of them soonish for my 1kmw thread. But I am not enjoying singer nearly as much as I thought. Not really sure why, hes right up my alley. No weapon swap, nearly unkillable, no drinking pots, apparently kills a lot more minions/normals than my zerker. But somehow I just find it gets old fast. Well, also the 1k runs with singer takes MUCH longer than with any other character, so I'm sure thats a big part of it too. But also a bit sick of the pits haha. Will be glad to get to a different runner after finishing up singer.

Last edited:
Halfway through the second set. With the weather forecast for the weekend looking bad and of course the national lockdown, I may even get close to finishing it.

One trouble with runes & uniques both counting is there are fewer nice no qualifiers to post as we go, but here is something:

Vermilion Jewel of Carnage
Jewel
Required Level: 50
Fingerprint: 0x30cf9a15
Item Level: 85
+25 to Maximum Damage

Babyhell set 2: a Tyrael's hunt [13h04 in]
Here we go on the last remaining updates! 7 hours to go, and yet another upgrade.

Scores start to be good to my taste, so unless nice TC 87 pointers show up it may be sealed, and at this point below first run. But who knows!

Progress table
Pointer found
The PitsZerkAndDestroyUpgrade 3 (S/U)

Babyhell set 2: a Tyrael's hunt [15h50 in]
Well for some reason i hadn't a full working day today, and being alone gave me some more time. This set will be complete by a huge margin (or... i will be able to rest a bit this week-end. MAYBE it is another option :p)

I rearranged the update table on first upgrade replacement due to a mistake I saw while preparing the vid for this set, so it's fine now. Upgrade 4 replaces... upgrade 3. Pretty excited by this one, a nice grailer :)

On a side note, I should have taken a screenshot each time a unique Pavise dropped... i bet it would be around 15 now, that's just insane how many of this drop!

To pimp up the update, that one SC is... GREAT!
Code:
Fine Small Charm of Vita
Small Charm
Required Level: 39
Fingerprint: 0xc9925b1e
Item Level: 88
Unidentified
+3 to Maximum Damage
+19 to Attack Rating
+19 to Life

Progress table
Pointer found
The PitsZerkAndDestroyUpgrade 4 (S/U)

Joining late, but count me in for category 2. I'll probably run some LK superchests with my new 'zerker, some LK and Pindle with my dancer, and some AT with my blizz sorc. Hoping for nice runes, but I won't begrudge nifty S/Us if they happen along.

Category 1 (Baal)
--------------------------------
J-Dog
Pax1990
CaseyJones
Category 2 (everything else)
ffs
ResTTe
Luhkoh
Babyhell
Pb_pal
Nano
Excalibur
maxicek
Apila
PhineasB
art_vandelay
Peytron
Tenecabo
Swamigoon
Category 1 (Baal)
J-Dog
Pax1990
CaseyJones
Category 2 (everything else)
ffs
ResTTe
Luhkoh
Babyhell
Pb_pal
Nano
Excalibur
maxicek
Apila
PhineasB
art_vandelay
Peytron
Tenecabo
Swamigoon
mulligan
I just realised there is a tournament and about a week ago that there is a new forum. So im signing up for pindle exclusively (good target for blizz sorc for watching series)

Hi all, hope loot is dropping left and right for everyone! As I feared I’m rather busy honing my Mortal Kombat skills, so I’ll leave it at the one set. Will shortly come back for more D2 action, rather sooner than later, as always. :)

To those who still run, please do send me the results asap so that we can share them ideally already on Monday.

GL with the final push!

Babyhell set 2: a Tyrael's hunt [19h19 in]
No upgrade this time, but I bet my grail status will really take a bump after this set. Anyway, i still can share a nice Barb drop & hork combo:
00YmdJEl.jpg

41 minutes left for the Zod.

Sunday bloody Zod's day.

Progress table
Pointer found

Babyhell sets 1&2: Variety and Pits
And that's it for the second set. Many more qualifiers than first one on an average quality, but lots around the same value. Best drops were in the first set, so this one will be submitted. Here are the drop progress tables:

Progress table - set 1 - October set
Valuable pointer found
The PitsZerkAndDestroyYes (S/U, Upgrade 1 S/U)
TravincalTraviRunnerSYes (Rune)
PindleZerkAndDestroyYes (S/U)
CowsLightningRiderSYes (S/U, Upgrade 2 Rune)
LKTournamenteressYes (Rune, 200 runs)
ATTraviRunnerSYes (S/U)
CSTournamenteressYes (S/U)

Progress table - set 2 - Tyrael's hunt
Pointer found

About the format
Clearly it's a really cool one in my opinion. Having my best set being the one I played amongst the most places kinda support this feeling. Definitely vote for another one next year, thanks @ffs for hosting!

Now going to edit vids... good luck to the remaining runners! :p

(and hoping for the same classical "right after the end" big drop to happen!)

Diablo 4 Interactive Map
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High