Finding the Balance: MF/RF Tournament (Signup & Running)

Can someone understand how exactly I died in the video above?
My resistances are maxed, I died from a regular Council Member, there was no conviction aura and I wasn't also amplified.
There was Might Aura and the players settings were 8 but still first time such a thing happens.

Trying to reclaim my corpse from there I died once again.
Out of desperation to quickly recover the experience loss, I wanted to start farming Baal and I died at WSK 3.
Trying to reclaim my corpse I died once again. This lead to a total of 4 deaths in a few minutes.

I spent all night farming for experience and today I finally gained that level which made me feel quite relieved.
Seriously my first reaction in such occasions is to give up playing. xD

• Wow
Reactions: Swamigoon
@Excalibur Max council member dmg is 115 according to amazon basin. P8 adds 43,75% to that making it a new base dmg. I heard you got amped even though you can't see it and we can assume you were hit by Geleb. Might adds 170% ed and extra strong adds 99% ed. The calculation looks like this: 115*(1+43.75%)*(1+170%+99%)*2 = 1220 dmg total. I am not sure, but i think many monsters have critical dmg, so you would have to multiply the result by 2, which would give you 2440 dmg in the end. It's all physical and you would have to add some elemental dmg to that i guess.

Critical Strike may explain some of this but the message says I died from a Council Member.
I think Amplify was triggered in the same hit I died which must have affected only the hireling who remains alive for 1-2 seconds after your death, hence the amplify sound effect.
If a monster is cursed, the first hit that triggers Amplify will not apply the Amplify damage though right?

@Excalibur no offense but just walked into them. looks to me alot of stuff hit you not just a single blow.
And if you want exp id say go for 2 seal cs runs. Much faster and saver than baal runs and wsk.

Babyhell set 2: a Tyrael's hunt [4h42 in]
Well I always pop the chest at Pits lvl 2, but never get nice things there, some S/U of various quality, but hey... it paid off. So it's a chest upgrade with a MF running character... somehow weird xD

So for now, the last of the top 5 had been dropped first. He will obviously be the next upgrade :p

Progress table
Pointer found
The PitsZerkAndDestroyUnder limit (S/U)
The PitsZerkAndDestroyValuable (S/U)
The PitsZerkAndDestroyUpgrade 1 (Rune)

Did some more LK runs to finish my 1000 run set. 16 hours in now, will continue in AT for the last 4 again. I have to say, that 1000 LK run set was one of the best I've had in rune numbers. Heck, my last 30 runs had 3 qualifiers drop (no upgrades, but still). Hoping for a nice S/U to pump my score a bit now.

Reactions: Babyhell
@Excalibur What level were you when you died? Do you use a proper set of body retrieval gear?

Edit: After 3h38 of batch 2 in CS and I dinged 95 without any further deaths. Now off to Trav for a while.

Last edited:
Reactions: PhineasB
Hi all, glad people are still running and thanks to those who already sent results!

I'm a little over 4 hours into the second set. I must admit a friend of mine is trying to get me to spend my gaming time mutiliating each other in Mortal Kombat... and he's been somewhat successful :D so not sure I'll finish the set, but there's plenty of time still so I'm hopeful!

There's no way I can finish my set. I had to reschedule my travel from next week to this Thursday. I'll run what I can and then send my results.

Finished my set. End up ok and not displeased, but definitely nothing special. Gonna run singer the rest of the time since I was going to that anyways. Maybe he'll drop something awesome, but I doubt I'll get the time in for more than 12-14 hours into this second set.

Reactions: Babyhell and Pb_pal
Level 95 is normally the max level I go to, and my rule for dying is now never try and recover the body. It is easy to die again if you try and retrieve naked or it is very slow - Easier to just S&E and put some more runs in.

Reactions: Babyhell
I got a question regarding this topic.
If i try to recover the body, die again and then S/E do i loose all my gear?
And how do I recover my main gear if I use a body recovery kit?

@Luhkoh has explained this to me like a million times XD

I think if you have multiple bodies on the ground and exit the game, the one with the most expensive (by Charsi's standards) gear will remain and the rest will be lost.

What you do is wear the recovery gear, then go where the body is and click it. Then you save and exit and you'll spawn with the recovery gear on and the body with all the important stuff will be there, next to you.

Reactions: Luhkoh
Although if wearing Delirium or using skill that may result in game crashes, and the game crashes after you've died and then again with body recovery kit, you lose the original gear. Nasty circumstance that, and one I've unfortunately experienced. So good rule of thumb is to bail if you are at risk of dying with body recovery kit on. Not worth the risk. But better rule of thumb is to remember to remove Delirium from merc if that's equipped before attempting retrieval :)

Reactions: Luhkoh
Diablo 4 Interactive Map
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High