SPF Goals & Objectives for 2024

• Like last year: finish ten more characters in my "maxed skills" grail. (Five are under way. Then start and pat/mat five more.)
  • Find (or cube) half (at least 16) of the remaining 27 items that I need to complete my "single-socket items" grail collection.
Yesterday, I completed the five characters that were well under way, which achieved a 7x7+2 "sept sept." Also, arrived at grail -30, and at single-socket -16.

Reactions: ziambe and PhineasB
Quarterly check-in on my 2024 goals. Things are going quite well! I have continued to focus on improvements and fine-tunings of my favourite characters. It's been months since I created a new character, which is unusual for me. But it hasn't taken away from my enjoyment of the game or caused me to play less.

I made some progress on Torches in January. That initiative has been on the backburner more recently, but I'll get back to Torch farming soon enough. I will be satisfied with one more Barb Torch, one more Pally Torch, and two Amazon Torches. (Still yet to get even one Zon Torch 😐)

10 out of my squad of 13 most played characters have reached level 90, and I feel like most of them are very complete in terms of the gear and skill builds, though there is always some tinkering to do around the edges. The 3 stragglers are all level 87-89, so they are close. Each of them will see at least a few hours of TZ time during RFL.

As for Tokens: I got a bit bored farming Baal for his Essences, so that is stalled... but I did manage 4 out of 10 Tokens thus far. And I've only need to use 1, so there isn't a burning need for more.

I'm going to try this month to share some write-ups about my favourite characters and builds. Watch out for a "little birdy's Hall of Fame" thread coming soon-ish! 😎

Came back after a lengthy break of 11 years and I have one goal:
  • Level another Baal runner to 98
Probably another Fishymancer. Last one had/has a Beast IG, now I'm planning the gear based on an Infinity IG.

Dual Dream Zealot is another option if the Infinity IG doesn't pass evaluation.

Came back after a lengthy break of 11 years and I have one goal:
  • Level another Baal runner to 98
Probably another Fishymancer. Last one had/has a Beast IG, now I'm planning the gear based on an Infinity IG.

Dual Dream Zealot is another option if the Infinity IG doesn't pass evaluation.

wohoa and I thought I had a long break of 4 years :)

My goals for 2024 are
- Compete in RFL 2024 (in progress)
- Play UT99er zeal/smite paladin to level 99 in D2R doing terror zones and Nila. Also farm an Anni charm and pala torch with him.
- Start a new UT99er in D2R to get the full experience of the "new" game. No idea what yet, not a melee char for sure :D Maybe sorc or amazon.

Reactions: ziambe
Welcome back @Tupsi - Now there is a name from the distant past!
Infinity IG is brave. If I did it, it would last 5 mins.

I'm a bit late to the party, but here's what I have in mind for this year:

1. Compete in RFL and MFO
2. Get UT 99er to 98
3. Finish one Mat/Pat each month

#3 is my idea for a low-stakes goal to finishing character builds and keeping things fresh. I recently finished a Kicker, which was a blast to play, and have a decent number of characters needing to be finished off.

Next year I may have more definitive goals for getting closer to finishing the S/U grail and runeword grail, as well as trying out more out-of-the-ordinary builds (and likely some sort of BOTD sept now). This year is still focused on getting more area runners completed for farming specific targets.

Welcome back @Tupsi - Now there is a name from the distant past!
Infinity IG is brave. If I did it, it would last 5 mins.
Thanks! Nice to see familiar names still around :) IIRC I leveled my necromancer to 96 or 97 with Kelpie Snare IG just to test if I can keep an IG alive for hundreds of runs. No poofs and no deaths so I went for the Beast IG. I got to say that I don’t take the character anywhere else except the Throne room because it’s the only place I’ve tested so extensively and also because it is so controlled. If I wanted to start running some other target I would have to do some hundred runs there first with another necromancer and a sacrificial IG to test it out.

wohoa and I thought I had a long break of 4 years :)
Hehe, an olympiad, a decade, still funny how short the years feel and how it's like coming back home 🙂

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High